• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King's Quest (The Odd Gentlemen/Sierra) coming Fall 2015 - PS3/PS4/Xbox One/360/PC

kuppy

King's Quest Game Awards 2014 Reveal Trailer

Tonight at The Game Awards 2014, the first-ever gameplay trailer of the modern reimagining of King’s Quest made its debut. Coming in the fall of 2015 from developers The Odd Gentleman under the revitalized Sierra label, King’s Quest brings a contemporary new take on the classic adventure game series with a creative new art style, puzzles, and story.

While players will recognize the characters and familiar storylines of King Graham’s original journeys, King’s Quest introduces new chapters within the series’ universe. King’s Quest will launch in the fall of 2015 across PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.
For all the latest on King’s Quest, check out Sierra.com and follow the developers @TheOddGentlemen.

Activision

Edit: PlayStation Blog

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

RUeSrxH.png

nGXdJ8P.png

M2a6AA1.png

georly

It reminds me of "Brothers: A tale of two sons" which is a very very good thing. I hope it can deliver story as well as that game did.

Sciz

Such a great segment, especially once Roberta and Ken actually hit the stage. And passing off the replica hat! So touching.

Love the way Graham looks and moves in the new game. He's constantly stumbling around a strange and unfamiliar world, just like the player.

red720

Dragon's Lair is the first thing that came to mind looking at this. I hope it is more 'gamey' than the Telltale pick-a-path style of adventure game.

Edit: Just saw the trailer, I guess it isn't an adventure game, this is fine by me!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Looked great, and I have great confidence in The Odd Gentlemen after their excellent game, The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom. I think they really captured the ambiance of earlier KQ games and the visual style looked great. I look forward to dying again and again and failing to spell Rumplestiltskin backwards.

Begaria

Yeah that trailer and that whole segment to the Williams was absolutely the best thing about The Game Awards so far.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Looked great, and I have great confidence in The Odd Gentlemen after their excellent game, The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom. I think they really captured the ambiance of earlier KQ games and the visual style looked great. I look forward to dying again and again and failing to spell Rumplestiltskin backwards.

You need to also spell it slightly incorrectly.

Card Boy

Banned
Perfect opportunity to let you guys know there is a free fan remade of the first 3 Kings Quest games by AGD Interactive from their website. Yep there is even a Quest for Glory 2 remake.

1EK4.png

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html

• PnC Controls
  • Added story and fleshed-out characters
  • Changes to puzzles
  • Enhanced artwork and graphics to be more like Kings Quest 5 onwards
  • Remastered music
  • Added ambiance

Doesn't look much like a PnC, and I'm not into puzzle-platformers, but Odd Gentlemen's definitely captured some of those fable-fantasy vibes I've come to expect from KQ. Cautiously optimistic!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't get the hype.
I hope it'll have some RPG elements. Game looks good.

No.

Stick with the original style (aka pick up stuff and use them).

Regiruler

Why is this not on Wii U

It's a lighthearted adventure game I fail to see how the typical nintendo demographic doesn't fall into this

Card Boy

Banned
Looks awesome, reminds me of the old Disney animations. Any chance the og is on gog?

It is!

My advice, get the GOG version 4, 5, 6 (its classed as 1 game and thats how they sell it) and get the remakes of 1, 2 and 3 for free i linked above.

Steam version is terrible apparently and doesn't work on newer OS's like Win 7 and 8. It's also on Sale on GOG.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm unfamiliar with The Odd Gentlemen, but the trailer looks nice and I was a big fan of the series. It is still an adventure game though, right? I assume the trailer is focusing on bigger moments since that works better for trailer/hype purposes.

Top Bottom