• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King's Quest (The Odd Gentlemen/Sierra) coming Fall 2015 - PS3/PS4/Xbox One/360/PC

Sciz

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask but I guess I will anyways. Trying to figure out which King's Quest I played when I was reaaaaly little. All I remember is that I think at one point you play as a blonde girl (princess?) and have to break out of a dungeon at one point. I really want to try it out again so I would be thankful for some help. Sorry, I know I barely have anything to go on.
Edit: Holy crap, this is the third time I've opened a page today.

If it was low resolution and low color, it was 4. If it looked like a Disney film, it was 7.

DeviantBoi

So is it confirmed that the main character is Graham?

If so, then they went with the completely wrong look for the character.

After seeing the video, I was thinking it was Graham's grandson, either son of Alexander or Rosella.

Sciz

So is it confirmed that the main character is Graham?

If so, then they went with the completely wrong look for the character.

After seeing the video, I was thinking it was Graham's grandson, either son of Alexander or Rosella.

The game's framing device is that Graham is telling stories of his past to his granddaughter, so yes.

Xibalba

Neo Member
Can anyone confirm whom the narrator is on that trailer?

To me, it seems like Sir Ian McKellen - but i've heard others say Christopher Pummer and even Stephen Fry (and I know it ain't Fry!)

I have to know, it's driving me nuts now. Any ideas?

Stop lying, We all know THIS is the true theme to the King's Quest series.

Joking aside, the tribute to Ken and Roberta Williams at The Game Award took me aback for how heartfelt it was. Really makes me want this game to be great.

oh god. I had King's Quest V for the NES... and the town music in it was a million times worse than this if you can believe it. http://youtu.be/blqPEZQ_kIY?t=7m42s

I loved these games back in the day. The magic came from being 8-years-old, not having access to the internet to get solutions, trying to solve some of these puzzles alongside your friend, and spending up to an entire summer trying to beat the game. Under those circumstances, your imagination takes over and fills in whatever gaps the story or puzzles have. I fondly remember the Cliffs of Logic; climbing up them seemed like an impossible challenge. I also recall a friend's older brother telling us that it was possible to beat the game by performing a rain dance. It blew my mind that there were multiple endings.

Salmonax

Can anyone confirm whom the narrator is on that trailer?

To me, it seems like Sir Ian McKellen - but i've heard others say Christopher Pummer and even Stephen Fry (and I know it ain't Fry!)

To me it sounds like Patrick Stewart, or someone doing an impression of him.

Varth

Whoa, completely missed this. Any other old school adventure stuff coming aside from Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango?

Miguel81

Perfect opportunity to let you guys know there is a free fan remade of the first 3 Kings Quest games by AGD Interactive from their website. Yep there is even a Quest for Glory 2 remake.

1EK4.png

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html

• PnC Controls
  • Added story and fleshed-out characters
  • Changes to puzzles
  • Enhanced artwork and graphics to be more like Kings Quest 5 onwards
  • Remastered music
  • Added ambiance

Those are fantastic. I've played their KQ1-2 and QfG2 remakes and vouch for them. KQ3 is next on the roster for a playthrough.

I'd wrote to them with a thank you letter for QfG2 and they responded with kindness. Love you, AGD.

Top Bottom