• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recreate your favorite videogame moments using MS Paint: 2009 Edition!

eso76 said:
sorry, using a lousy mouse here at work and couldn't be bothered for more than 10 mins.

have at you !

argh.jpg

(i surely hope people can tell what game it is)

Strider. That is cool.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Callibretto said:
This took way longer than expected. I'm going to sleep now, here's some work in progress

You sir, are awesome.

MNC

Oh come the fuck on. People, don't just take a screencap and put a Paint filter over it ;D

That's just totally awesome man.

seaandthebells said:
Dude, the glow from the holo display? Yer a genius.

glad you like it, kind of a happy accident actually, it's too brown and dark before, so I decide to put some blue and blood red to vary it a little

Rimshot

Wanted to complete this, but I cba to continue on it on my laptop. Freaking trackpad.
Anyways, it's supposed to resemble the area of turtle rock in Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. Remember being amazed of the feeling and music playing when one first came to that area.

BGMNyIjSz.jpg

Mik2121

First time I draw with MS Paint since the Windows95 days, lol...

This drawing is for the first time I had to fight against a Troll in White Knight Chronicles. Quite an impression, seeing such a big monster in front of me!..

BTW, I didn't even know how to pick other colors until I double clicked one of them when I was almost done with the drawing, so I barely used 'gradiations' except for the bandages. If I decide to draw any other thing with MS Paint, at least I will already know how to pick colors, lol...

wkc.jpg

y2dvd

There are seriously some insanely great stuff in this thread, and I thought the previous one couldn't be topped off. I'm gonna make a MS Paint Hall of Fame seriously!

Mik2121

I don't really like Mystical Ninja that much... (though I kind of enjoyed Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon).

Any other suggestion? :p I can't really think of any cool/sweet/epic moment on that game.. :(

Rimshot

Mik2121 said:
I don't really like Mystical Ninja that much... (though I kind of enjoyed Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon).

Any other suggestion? :p I can't really think of any cool/sweet/epic moment on that game.. :(

One epic moment for me was the first time I pulled up the master sword in both zelda 3 and ocarina :) You could draw that.

Sidzed2 said:
Well, I am no artiste, but this is definitely one of my favourite moments of the last gaming year. Hopefully some will figure it out, and render it with the love and care it deserves.

favourite.jpg

*Gives love*

Well done, sir. For reals.

Mdk7

Mik2121 said:
Uhm I'm still kind of bored right now.

Any suggestion for a drawing?
Do the King Kaliente battle from Mario Galaxy... i loved that boss!
Or maybe something about flOw... :D

Mik2121

Rimshot said:
One epic moment for me was the first time I pulled up the master sword in both zelda 3 and ocarina :) You could draw that.

Roger!. I will start now, though I'm quite sleepy so I might not finish it today.

Mik2121

Alright I'm going to sleep. I will finish this tomorrow.

This is what I made:

zeldaoot.png

I have yet to draw the walls, Link and illumination (maybe some glow from the sword and it reflecting on the ground, etc..?

Mik2121

Mik2121 said:

This drawing is for the first time I had to fight against a Troll in White Knight Chronicles. Quite an impression, seeing such a big monster in front of me!..

BTW, I didn't even know how to pick other colors until I double clicked one of them when I was almost done with the drawing, so I barely used 'gradiations' except for the bandages. If I decide to draw any other thing with MS Paint, at least I will already know how to pick colors, lol...

wkc.jpg

Btw, this is the real enemy:

white-knight-story-20070920034305367.jpg

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
CTLance said:
Secret of Mana - fight against Thanatos, or the last endboss.

I baggsys this one! I can't believe I forgot that encounter - I was shaking just before the bossfight. :D

By the way Mr. Salmon-Bear, you should be contributing your own drawings. Come on, step up!

CTLance

SovanJedi said:
By the way Mr. Salmon-Bear, you should be contributing your own drawings. Come on, step up!
SIR YES SIR
13z5n29.png

I hope you're happy now. I will need years of counseling to ever play Rez again after violating it like that. :(

But yes, the first time I got caught in that cloud of missiles I swore. Like a sailor. And then some. A swearing cyber bear sailor baby inside his glowing orb being mauled by missiles shot by the subconsious of an all-encompassing AI. Hm. How very Zen.

Cth

I drew these for another board, and while they're not actual gaming moments, hopefully they're ok to post.

I was planning on doing a Chainsaw Duel between Marcus and Vader's Secret Apprentice but ran out of time :D

Done with a mouse and MS Paint:

Braid vs. LBP
LBPvsBraid01.JPG

LBPvsBraid02.JPG

LBPvsBraid03.JPG

LBPvsBraid04.JPG

Left 4 Dead Space
(Oh yeah, I borrowed the L4D designs from CTRL ALT DEL)
L4DvsDeadSpace01.JPG

L4DvsDeadSpace02.JPG

L4DvsDeadSpace03.JPG

L4DvsDeadSpace04.JPG

Cth said:
I drew these for another board, and while they're not actual gaming moments, hopefully they're ok to post.

I was planning on doing a Chainsaw Duel between Marcus and Vader's Secret Apprentice but ran out of time :D

Done with a mouse and MS Paint:

Left 4 Dead Space
(Oh yeah, I borrowed the L4D designs from CTRL ALT DEL)
L4DvsDeadSpace01.JPG

L4DvsDeadSpace02.JPG

L4DvsDeadSpace03.JPG

L4DvsDeadSpace04.JPG

Wow great job

Mik2121 said:

wkc.jpg

WOW.

Some of these are truly amazing.

CTLance

SovanJedi said:
Here you go CTLance:
(eye-melting awesomeness)
Holy fucking shit with a freaking cherry on top. That looks awesome. You most definitely caught the spirit of that bossfight. Insane.

Top Bottom