• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recreate your favorite videogame moments using MS Paint: 2009 Edition!

Unleashed.GIF

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
PIMPBYBLUD said:
Thank you sir! I love how it came out as well.
Yeah it's really detailed, I love it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I knew that without unspoiling BBS! I fucking rock!

Spent hours there.

originally part of a bigger composition, but realize it's gonna take way too much time to do everything pixel by pixel, so I just cropped the head and work on that. one of my favorite ps2 games right behind MGS 3 and GoW
Jehutycloseup.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Callibretto said:
originally part of a bigger composition, but realize it's gonna take way too much time to do everything pixel by pixel, so I just cropped the head and work on that. one of my favorite ps2 games right behind MGS 3 and GoW
Jehutycloseup.jpg
That is looking great man... ZoE3, BELIEVE

Mdk7 said:
I'm NOT fucking with you.

mdk7.deviantart.com, go there to see my other Paint works if you don't believe me.
Plus i honestly wouldn't know how to resize that in Photoshop, i'm a PS n00b. :lol

And of course i still have the original .bmp on my PC.

Better now?

I totally believe you. I used to do pixel art for GBA, so I know that it's possible. You however, take the cake with the scale of the image. That's a lot of pixel pushing.

I have to recommend Cosmigo ProMotion. It's an excellent paint program that's streamlined for pixel pushing, and have been using it for YEARS.

edit: oh shit, I need to watch what page I'm on before replying. :p

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Callibretto said:
what game is that?

Out of this World/Another World. It's right at the beginning when one of the beasts indigenous to the alien landscape chases you.

It's weird, for most games all the memorable scenes happen near the end, but this game's best scenes all happen near the start. The only other game I remember doing that is the God of War series.

Reilly

HaL64 said:

My favorite game of all-time! :)

SovanJedi said:
That was an AWESOME scene when first encountered. I hope they release it on WiiWare/PSN/XBLA/Virtual Console/whatever.

The creator, Eric Chahi, is supposed to be working on a new Wii strategy game. No one's heard anything about it recently.

Tanukid

I might submit something for this later, there's some real good ones in here. XD

Also, might I suggest a SPOILER warning in the thread title, there are quite a few in here. ^^;;

Darkpen

Banned
raiden.png

It was either going to be this scene, or the one with Snake in the microwave, but I ended up doing this instead :p

I kinda pooped it out, too. I originally had a different image in mind, conveying the part where the audio flashback and music is playing, but kinda hard to convey that without it being in motion, and without the music and words D:

I cried like 5 times during the second half of the game, and this was one of them D:

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Man I suck at paint :(.

Iambadatpaint2.jpg

Tales of Vesperia

Yottamole

Banned
dqz.jpg

Really excited about the upcoming release of DQV!

Has anybody realized that all the heroes from DQI-DQVIII have some kind of headgear except for the hero from DQVI? He does have a pair of earrings, though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yottamol said:
dqz.jpg

Really excited about the upcoming release of DQV!

amazing work dude. And I will echo the DQ V excitement. It even beats RE5 right now as my most anticipated game

Top Bottom