• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think we need to start making it a tradition to have everyone make their predictions so we can shit on them at the end of the season.

effzee

Can't believe Eagles fired Gamble.

Howie has successfully run out of town Dawkins, Mcnabb, Reid, Banner, and now Gamble.

Don't know what it really means but Gamble was the only true personnel guy they had. This might be fallout from the awful offseason they just had. No improvement on D, losing Desean, and no impact from first round pick Marcus Smith. A lot of people speculate those were Chip's calls and that he and Gamble were close while Howie and Chip have cooled off. In his season ending presser Chip went out of his way praised Gamble while only offering one word yes no answers about Howie.

Could be a signal from owner Lurie and show of strength by Howie. Hope this isn't sowing the seeds for Chip to depart in a season or 2.

Fuck.

In 2012 the big media gave Seahawks draft class an F.

KPn3GlL.jpg

But this guy right here... the mother fucking prophet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO70hBrpBmg&feature=youtu.be

Yall need to find that guy for your teams!

MechDX

John Wooten on possible Vince Newsome-Gary Kubiak Bears tandem: 'I could see Vince and Gary putting something really special together.'

Kubes to Chicago? Yes.

LJ11

Having a miserable day, huge project at work, but man this news kind of pleases me. I will rant about it tonight.

But in Marrone's own words "we only want guys that want to be here." Fucking twat got on his high horse and thumbed his nose at the staff that left with Pettine, and uttered that exact line 10 months ago.

Mifune

Mehmber
Not happy about the Marrone news at all. Would have liked him to stick around one more year. Lots of rumors that Polian is coming back to Buffalo, which sounds fucking dumb. If Whaley is pushed out, I fucking give up.

Syrinx

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS-2014 SEASON IN REVIEW

Quarterback

c9Ups.gif

Offensive Line

ku-xlarge.gif

Runningback

dog-runs-into-wall-o.gif

Wide Recievers

RapidVigilantFlies.gif

Tight Ends

file-not-found.jpg

Defensive Line

Cardcaptor-Sakura-Gif-rileyferguson-34268018-500-331.gif

Linebackers

homer-headbutt-o.gif

Secondary

spaaaace1.gif

Coaching

pBWnSzV.gif

OVERALL

SoJC6AB.gif

CrankyJay

Banned
Not happy about the Marrone news at all. Would have liked him to stick around one more year. Lots of rumors that Polian is coming back to Buffalo, which sounds fucking dumb. If Whaley is pushed out, I fucking give up.

Just saw this on TV. I am pissed.

MechDX

Fuck the NFC South !

Texans-Mallett-Football.JPEG-0b185.jpg

Look at the face of your destroyer!

Fuck the Bucs for what they did to Schaub in 2011!

Fuck the Panthers because well.....fuck the Panthers!

Jarnet87

Even though FSU lost bad I don't think this has a major effect on Winston's stock. Don't think it had a big impact on Mariota's stock either honestly. Mariota had a great game against a bad defense, made plays with his legs and made throws to open receivers. in the first half Mariota made 2 boneheaded throws against his body, one which should have been picked. Jameis had a pretty good game too, a few balls were off target and he had one reall dumb play where he lost it after scrambling.

choodi

Banned
OK, this may be a weird thing to ask, but here goes...

For some reason i have had this nagging desire to learn what the hell is going on in American football. I am from Australia and follow round-ball football (soccer to you guys).

The problem is that I don't really know anyone who can explain the game to me and watching a game on TV is just so confusing.

Someone told me the best way to learn was to get a copy of Madden and just play that for a while.

Three questions:

1 - Is this a good idea? If not, recommendations?
2 - Does it matter what version of Madden I play if I don't know any teams or players?
3 - Someone (American relative of my partner) bought me an Indiannapolis Colts t-shirt. Are they worth following?

For some reason i have had this nagging desire to learn what the hell is going on in American football. I am from Australia and follow round-ball football (soccer to you guys).

The problem is that I don't really know anyone who can explain the game to me and watching a game on TV is just so confusing.

Someone told me the best way to learn was to get a copy of Madden and just play that for a while.

Three questions:

2 - Does it matter what version of Madden I play if I don't know any teams or players?
3 - Someone (American relative of my partner) bought me an Indiannapolis Colts t-shirt. Are they worth following?
Hello, friend!

To answer your questions directly:
1) yes.
2) not really. Anything relatively recent (e.g. from last gen or "next" gen) should be fine.
3) yes, they have the best young quarterback in the game, and QB is by far the most important position in gridiron/american football. They will be consistently good for probably the next decade.

But, in regard to #1, there is this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509316
... which is dormant, but still has an awful lot of info if you're not so keen on buying Madden.

Also also, if this thread seems quiet it's because some genius created the offseason thread while the season is still in progress. So most of the activity is in the "real" thread right now.

BigAT

Three questions:

Good answers above, but for #2 while the answer would normally be "no", I think the latest version of Madden might actually have some tutorial stuff that helps explains some basic football concepts. Someone that has the game might be able to weigh in better.

Also the Colts are in the playoffs currently, so they are one of the few teams still playing and will be good to follow.

JABEE

Having a miserable day, huge project at work, but man this news kind of pleases me. I will rant about it tonight.

But in Marrone's own words "we only want guys that want to be here." Fucking twat got on his high horse and thumbed his nose at the staff that left with Pettine, and uttered that exact line 10 months ago.

Not only did Marrone leave the Bills high and dry, but he also bad-mouthed the team out the door. Seems like a dick.

choodi

Banned
Hello, friend!

To answer your questions directly:
1) yes.
2) not really. Anything relatively recent (e.g. from last gen or "next" gen) should be fine.
3) yes, they have the best young quarterback in the game, and QB is by far the most important position in gridiron/american football. They will be consistently good for probably the next decade.

But, in regard to #1, there is this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509316
... which is dormant, but still has an awful lot of info if you're not so keen on buying Madden.

Also also, if this thread seems quiet it's because some genius created the offseason thread while the season is still in progress. So most of the activity is in the "real" thread right now.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and for the link.

Good answers above, but for #2 while the answer would normally be "no", I think the latest version of Madden might actually have some tutorial stuff that helps explains some basic football concepts. Someone that has the game might be able to weigh in better.

Also the Colts are in the playoffs currently, so they are one of the few teams still playing and will be good to follow.

Thanks.

At this point i am just going to find a nice cheap copy of a relatively recent version and jump right in. The tactics/101 thread should help a great deal too.

Also, Colts it is. Who is the team I'm supposed to hate?

Hammer24

Banned
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS-2014 SEASON IN REVIEW

fuck

:(

Why don´t we just pretend, this season was actually masterfully planned and excuted to get Lovie the QB of the future?

Even though FSU lost bad I don't think this has a major effect on Winston's stock. Don't think it had a big impact on Mariota's stock either honestly. Mariota had a great game against a bad defense, made plays with his legs and made throws to open receivers. in the first half Mariota made 2 boneheaded throws against his body, one which should have been picked. Jameis had a pretty good game too, a few balls were off target and he had one reall dumb play where he lost it after scrambling.

What I absolutely loved was Mariota´s ability to think quickly on his feet.
We should draft him #1, and get his OC right with him in the process...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Three questions:

We all come off as assholes and douches, and the majority of us are but a really good thing about NFL-GAF is everyone is very helpful with any questions you may have.

Don't feel shy to ask anything, someone will answer it if they see it. This thread will be more "active" once the Super Bowl ends in February.

I hope Winston gets his ass handed to him by the media so he's there at 6.

Hopefully some news comes out that he gave out dehumanizing stares to old white women or something.

C'mon espnnnnnn

Top Bottom