• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

RBH

CJ3lwjA.jpg

(credit to BigAT)

JqsH97W.jpg

(credit to 8 X 11 Printer Paper)

f0Md0z1.jpg

(credit to 8 X 11 Printer Paper)

NCmy6JR.png

2015 NFL offseason calendar

Feb. 16: First day for teams to designate franchise or transition players.

Feb. 17-23: NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis

March 10: 2015 league year and free agency period begin at 4 p.m. ET. All clubs must be under the 2015 salary cap before 4 p.m. ET.

March 22-25: Annual meeting, Phoenix

April 24: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets

April 29: Deadline for prior club to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents.

April 30-May 2: NFL draft, Chicago, IL

May 8-11: First weekend after draft: Clubs may elect to hold their three-day post-draft rookie mini-camp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.

May 15-18: Second weekend after draft: Clubs may elect to hold their three-day post-draft rookie mini-camp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.

May 18-20: NFL spring league meeting, San Francisco

June 21-27: Rookie Symposium, Aurora, Ohio.

Let's give a warm welcome to some of our contestants!

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

tearsofmccown.0.gif

The Tennessee Titans!

TennFumble.gif

The Jacksonville Jaguars!

jagsdrop.0.gif

The Oakland Raiders!

Raiders-WR-James-Jones-fumbles-twice-in-the-same-play.gif

And the Washington Redskins!

Redskins.gif

Enjoy!

jagsrage.gif

Mrbob

Bears only 5-11 team in the league, elite. Strong loss by them yesterday too guaranteeing the seventh pick. They would have fallen to 11 with a win.

Jarnet87

Started from the bottom now were here!

My Bucs have long been bad, but never bad enough to get a game changing Quarterback. Well done Lovie Smith, you took a decently talented team and turned them into the worst in the league.

Hammer24

Banned
I´ll repeat:
Very happy with Mariota coming to town!
But if we trade for Cutler instead (or some other washed up wannabe), I´ll personally rent adspace in Tampa and lead the "Fire Lovie!" team....

Jarnet87

I´ll repeat:
Very happy with Mariota coming to town!
But if we trade for Cutler instead (or some other washed up wannabe), I´ll personally rent adspace in Tampa and lead the "Fire Lovie!" team....

Long ways between now and the draft. Personally I think Winston will edge out Mariota come draft time. Winston has been battered by the media and analysts for some his poor performances and his off field issues yet he still a better prospect in a lot of minds. Wait til they start to dissect Mariota.

No postseason stress this year. Thanks Saints.

Why did the Falcons have to dump Mike Smith? You will be missed, creepy man.

squicken

I would be hugely surprised if Winston is drafted ahead of Mariota. Dude is straight Gump.

Aside from a rapist (allegedly) he is also a fatty. He gained like 30 pounds in the offseason and had to get in shape as the year started. It's too bad he's such a turd b/c he has all the tools and works well in a pro system already

e: Let me be a jerk and say I don't think we need two threads. Burn in hell RBH (with your penis)!!!

Bears only 5-11 team in the league, elite. Strong loss by them yesterday too guaranteeing the seventh pick. They would have fallen to 11 with a win.

I never doubted Trestman would delivery the final loss to lock up the 7th pick. He did a great job securing a high pick for his successor.

LevelNth

Banned
Wow the Niners are going to look so different next year. This is going to be an exciting offseason, so many awesome young players already on the team ready to go.

Hammer24

Banned
Long ways between now and the draft. Personally I think Winston will edge out Mariota come draft time. Winston has been battered by the media and analysts for some his poor performances and his off field issues yet he still a better prospect in a lot of minds. Wait til they start to dissect Mariota.

This thinking is by far not too farfetched.
But I do think, that Manziels antics this year will hurt Winston even more, as they will get compared to hell and back.

Winston could be a good QB...but man he makes some of the absolute dumbest decisions I've ever seen an "elite" college QB make. I've seen him throw the ball into the middle of the field in order to throw the ball away, instead of throwing it out of bounds. Multiple times...that shit is just retarded.

I wouldn't be comfortable handing my franchise to him. But if Johnny Football can be a first round pick Winston will too, and go higher.

(he's better than Mariota)

Connor Cook will be a better pro than both IMO.

Football is stupid.
Aside from a rapist (allegedly) he is also a fatty. He gained like 30 pounds in the offseason and had to get in shape as the year started. It's too bad he's such a turd b/c he has all the tools and works well in a pro system already

e: Let me be a jerk and say I don't think we need two threads. Burn in hell RBH (with your penis)!!!
Yeah not to be a jerk, but I kinda hate having to threads. End separation

Draxal

Mariota has so many questions because of the system he ran. This is like Luck/RG3 all over again, except neither will be nearly as good as Luck.

nateeasy

Banned
Hopefullly the Redskins trade up. Maybe package several draft picks together and draft Jameis Winston. Make him the face of the franchise from day 1 and let his ego run the team.

Tamanon

Banned
The main purpose of this thread over the next few weeks is to hilariously welcome people to it when their teams lose, duh.

SF just ran a winner out of the town and league

@AdamSchefter
Michigan has told its biggest boosters a deal for Jim Harbaugh is done and a press conference is scheduled for Tuesday, per sources.

what a season to remember

Jarnet87

Mariota has so many questions because of the system he ran. This is like Luck/RG3 all over again, except neither will be nearly as good as Luck.

I don't like Mariota, he looks like a frail turd. When drafting a QB I want the guy who is ready to play and needs the least things changed/corrected. it's hard enough adapting to the next level as a quarterback, but with a guy like Mariota they need to work on taking the ball under center, foot work, throwing motion, actually reading a defense and going through progression instead of the poverty spread offense. He's just a huge project, and most of the times these projects fail miserably.

LevelNth

Banned
SF just ran a winner out of the town and league

@AdamSchefter
Michigan has told its biggest boosters a deal for Jim Harbaugh is done and a press conference is scheduled for Tuesday, per sources.

what a season to remember
I'm not so sure Harbaugh didn't just want to leave. This is also the guy who said his passion is coaching in the NFL, but he sure as shit is leaving it pretty damn fast.

Slo

I don't like Mariota, he looks like a frail turd. When drafting a QB I want the guy who is ready to play and needs the least things changed/corrected. it's hard enough adapting to the next level as a quarterback, but with a guy like Mariota they need to work on taking the ball under center, foot work, throwing motion, actually reading a defense and going through progression instead of the poverty spread offense. He's just a huge project, and most of the times these projects fail miserably.

Watching him play I assumed he was a Jeff Garcia sized dude, but the man is 6'4" 220lbs. He's got the size to play in the NFL.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The main purpose of this thread over the next few weeks is to hilariously welcome people to it when their teams lose, duh.

Pretty much. This thread will go pretty dead from tomorrow until Saturday. Then the welcoming can begin.

Hammer24

Banned
Welcome?

Baby I never left.

Huh - and what about the week after the Bills loss?! :p

Lets see how they present themselves head-to-head in three days. The pressure is on!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Browns schedule next year:

Home
Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Denver, Oakland, Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee

Away
Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, San Diego, St. Louis, Seattle, NY Jets

tumblr_lk355sStel1qi9q4ko1_r1_500.gif

Wes, BG...should we begin looking at mock drafts for 2016?

Great season by the Chefs. Lots of promise for next season, but we really have to lock up Justin Houston for the long-term. We can't have a Jared Allen situation, and Houston is better than Allen ever was.

I'm happy we went out on a strong note and knocked the Chargers out of contention. Now I'll turn to rooting for the Broncos to get obliterated early on. Can't have any other AFC West teams representing well in the playoffs!

Obligatory:

Browns schedule next year:

Home
Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Denver, Oakland, Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee

Away
Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, San Diego, St. Louis, Seattle, NY Jets

tumblr_lk355sStel1qi9q4ko1_r1_500.gif

Wes, BG...should we begin looking at mock drafts for 2016?
That looks similar to the Bears schedule.

LevelNth

Banned
Just read on CSN that word is most of the offensive coaching staff on the Niners outside of Rathman (RB coach) and Solari (OL coach), who were both existing prior and not hired by Harbaugh, have offers extended to join Harbaugh in Michigan.

Complete revamp of the offensive side of the ball. Can't think of a team that needs that more right now. Offensive ranks from Harbaugh's 4 years:

Year -- Points -- Yards -- Redzone Efficiency

2011 - 11th - 26th - 30th
2012 - 11th - 11th - 15th
2013 - 11th - 24th - 15th
2014 - 25th - 20th - 28th

2012 was so clearly his best year, and it's been a slow, steady decline in efficiency since.

Jarnet87

Great season by the Chefs. Lots of promise for next season, but we really have to lock up Justin Houston for the long-term. We can't have a Jared Allen situation, and Houston is better than Allen ever was.

I'm happy we went out on a strong note and knocked the Chargers out of contention. Now I'll turn to rooting for the Broncos to get obliterated early on. Can't have any other AFC West teams representing well in the playoffs!

Obligatory:

How can there be promise when Alex Smith is your Quarterback?

Sign of the strength of Goodell's America that seeing people's livelihood taken away from them draws such morbid curiosity and captivation.

Black Monday gets more play than some sports' postseasons

effzee

I hope he drops far enough that the Eagles can move up to pick him. He already ran the same offense we run, Chip recruited and coached him, and we are in sore need of a franchise qb who can open up Chip's playbook.

Assuming Winston goes at 1, all it would take is for Tennessee to pass on him for him to possibly drop out of the top ten.

Doubt it though.

Top Bottom