• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Dan Bernstein @dan_bernstein

#Bears indeed considering the #Cubs model, with Ted Phillips helming the business side, and an equivalent football president next to him.

Bears part ways with Aaron Kromer

bye.gif

Syrinx

I think, when all is said and done, the Bucs draft Leonard Williams first overall. An elite edge rusher could be the key to making Smith and Frazier's defense really work.

I feel like Mariota will be a guy who will slip once the scouts really start to evaluate his game. Winston is a train wreck waiting to happen. I'd actually like Amari Cooper since our WR depth is pretty pathetic once you get past Evans and Jackson, but I don't think he could put together ad many things for us as Williams. Scherff doesn't seem good enough to go first overall, plus Iowa'sOL prospect history makes me weary even if it shouldn't. Plus our whole O-line was a war crime this season; it's more important to add parts instead of one really good part.

Lonv time though. This is gonna be fun.

Jarnet87

I think, when all is said and done, the Bucs draft Leonard Williams first overall. An elite edge rusher could be the key to making Smith and Frazier's defense really work.

I feel like Mariota will be a guy who will slip once the scouts really start to evaluate his game. Winston is a train wreck waiting to happen. I'd actually like Amari Cooper since our WR depth is pretty pathetic once you get past Evans and Jackson, but I don't think he could put together ad many things for us as Williams. Scherff doesn't seem good enough to go first overall, plus Iowa'sOL prospect history makes me weary even if it shouldn't. Plus our whole O-line was a war crime this season; it's more important to add parts instead of one really good part.

Lonv time though. This is gonna be fun.

This sounds highly plausible as Lovie Smith is a complete moron. Bucs haven't had a quality edge rusher since Simeon Rice.

Hammer24

Banned
DE and WR need depth, but not necessarily #1 talent. But we DO need a QB of the future - and when do you get that if not with the #1?
I agree on Winston going to blow up, and sooner rather than later.

Mariota makes a lot of sense. Recruited and coached by Kelly, running an offense similar to what we had planned with Tedford as OC.

Syrinx

DE and WR need depth, but not necessarily #1 talent. But we DO need a QB of the future - and when do you get that if not with the #1?
I agree on Winston going to blow up, and sooner rather than later.

Mariota makes a lot of sense. Recruited and coached by Kelly, running an offense similar to what we had planned with Tedfourd as OC.
If the scouts come out after parsing Mariota's tape and conclude that the dude is a legit franchise QB, I'm all for taking him. I feel like they'll come back with some pretty heavy caveats about the guy though. I mqy be wrong; I really haven't watched him too much.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Trestmann and Emery fired. Thank God. Was worried the Bears were going to keep them in typical Bears fashion. Guess even they can't ignore such a hilarious dumpster fire.

Emery's ousting is especially sweet. I always enjoy when new GMs get all giddy to fire current coaches only for it to blow up in their face. Turns out being impatient and firing 10 win coaches is a bad idea!

Hammer24

Banned
If the scouts come out after parsing Mariota's tape and conclude that the dude is a legit franchise QB, I'm all for taking him. I feel like they'll come back with some pretty heavy caveats about the guy though. I mqy be wrong; I really haven't watched him too much.

I think we agree, that this years QB class is much worse than the last ones. But I think in this one Mariota has the most upsides.
Lets see how he (and the other prospects) handle themselves in the Bowl games.

I haven't been so optimistic about the Vikebikes in a long time. Never would have thought that a couple weeks into the season.

Zimmer seems like the real deal. He has molded our defense into something great. Lots of young talented guys. Rhodes is shaping into a true shutdown corner, smith is one of the most underrated players in the NFL, Barr, Griffen, etc.

Oh and Teddy. It feels real nice to have hope at QB. Offense needs work of course but it finally seems like we have the key piece.

I'm pretty content going forward. I'd like a WR or LB if we can grab someone elite.

:^)

Syrinx

Dimitroff officially avoids the chopping block and will participate in the search for Mike Smith's replacement.
Guy mortgages entire drafts to get one (admittedly great) player and isn't held responsible for Atlanta's current position? Some operation they've got running there.

Vyer

Damn, been catching up on news. Black Monday indeed.

but I mean, everyone could see the Mike Smith firing coming since episode 1 of hard knocks, right?

Expect the Bears to go after Bowles, Del Rio, and Ryan. Maybe the OC from Denver as well.
Schefter said Dave Toub too, who was great for us as Special Teams coach.

cajunator

Banned
Damn, been catching up on news. Black Monday indeed.

but I mean, everyone could see the Mike Smith firing coming since episode 1 of hard knocks, right?

I have honestly never seen an episode of this. Is it really good? where could I watch it?

rando14

Connor Shaw earns teammates’ respect with poise, preparation vs. Ravens

Cleveland’s veteran safety got a good look at the Browns’ rookie quarterback in the days leading up to his NFL debut and the hours before Sunday’s kickoff. Nothing changed or wavered with Shaw’s calm demeanor. Not even at the team’s breakfast.

The rookie gaze, as Whitner described it, never surfaced.

“He went out there and made some plays for this football team,” Whitner said. “He kept his mouth closed and he worked all year. He came out here and gave us a fighting chance.”

cajunator

Banned
Maybe your teams suck...mine is mediocre :(

We were 7-9 and somehow beat good teams and lost to some terrible teams as well as the opposite. The very definition of mediocre. I guess its better than abysmal. 7 wins with that season the Saints just had feels like kind of a victory (I would have preferred them to tank though).

What's going on here?

"Though Jim Harbaugh is expected to land at Michigan, NFL teams such as Bears, Jets, Raiders continue making overtures to change his mind." - @AdamSchefter

"I am hearing the same as @Alex_Flanagan on Jim Harbaugh: NFL teams are calling him as we speak." - @RapSheet

Slo

I haven't been so optimistic about the Vikebikes in a long time. Never would have thought that a couple weeks into the season.

Zimmer seems like the real deal. He has molded our defense into something great. Lots of young talented guys. Rhodes is shaping into a true shutdown corner, smith is one of the most underrated players in the NFL, Barr, Griffen, etc.

Oh and Teddy. It feels real nice to have hope at QB. Offense needs work of course but it finally seems like we have the key piece.

I'm pretty content going forward. I'd like a WR or LB if we can grab someone elite.

:^)

I'm really happy too. Rhodes has turned into a legit corner. Barr, Smith, and Griffin are all great young guys to build around. Floyd and Robison need to be upgraded, and we need major help at linebacker.

Not saying Teddy is a world beater, but I'm hugely impressed with his decision making ability to convert on 3rd and long. His accuracy could stand improvement, but I can live with him when he still completes 65% of his passes.

The real disappointment is with Kalil. We might be able to make a serviceable RT out of him.

Corderelle might not even be on the team next year, which is a huge disappointment.

Said it in last week's thread, but I doubt the Browns hit seven wins again next year. Unless we have an unbelievable draft I think we're going 5-11/6-10.

I pray to sweet baby Jesus that I'm wrong.

What's going on here?

"Though Jim Harbaugh is expected to land at Michigan, NFL teams such as Bears, Jets, Raiders continue making overtures to change his mind." - @AdamSchefter

"I am hearing the same as @Alex_Flanagan on Jim Harbaugh: NFL teams are calling him as we speak." - @RapSheet
Lol would suck if he changed his mind. I know a Michigan fan that was ready to throw a party this morning

Mrbob

What's going on here?

Jim trying to get more money from Michigan. Though if the Bears want to pay him Michigan money he might stay in the NFL.

However the Bears shouldnt hire a coach until they have a gm.

WKNR seems increasingly convinced that both Gordon and Manziel are getting cut.
I listened to alittle on my way home. I would think you could atleast trade them for some value. I kinda don't like jarrod cherry, all of his patriots nonsense gets annoying

The qb situation for us, dosent seem good right now for us. Pettines presser is at 2pm today est and Farmers tomorrow. I think all options at Qb will be considered. I can see a situation with Hoyer starting week 1 for us.
Edit: if did come down to the Browns wanted to cut ties with Manziel, you can't tell me Jerry wouldn't be interested. And good amount of other teams that like him during the draft process

It's going to be sad not seeing Harbaugh on the sidelines, not really his fault idiot Kap couldn't count backwards or make his reads, York should have renewed his contract, now we're back to square one.

cajunator

Banned
Im honestly not entirely convinced that Payton will fire Rob Ryan. The players seem to really like him and he does put them often in position to make a play, they just dont make the play. On gameday I like to overreact as do most people but really his defensive schemes seem to be sound, just the players do some stupid shit and miss tackles or drop interceptions or come up just short of the sack. I think the Oline coach should be fired though, as well as possibly replacing the special teams and DB coaches.

Top Bottom