• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

bill-buckner-error-o.gif

Jarnet87

Hey Shane, Is KC going wishbone after getting rid of all their WR's?

Even Matt Cassel found ways to get Dwayne Bowe into the end zone (90% were in junk time). Alex Captain Commander Checkdown Smith is a disgrace to the league, and its sad the Dolphins are turning Tannebutt into a Captain Checkdown as well.

effzee

Funny how Eagles fans rip Foles a new one and talk about how utterly Shit he is then think they will get a 2nd or 3rd Round pick for him.

Who called him utter shit? Are you reading what you want to read again?

I thought Kolb was mediocre as well and we fleeced the Cards for a second round pick plus DRC for him. Foles has shown a lot more than he ever did.

At this point I'm prepared to accept Foles as the starter for another season but if they do trade him wouldn't be shocked if they are able to pull of a good deal.

He's young, I think he could develop. Low mobility certainly isn't desirable, but it can work out with good blocking.

If he didn't break his collarbone, I think ya'll would have made the playoffs for sure. Also it doesn't really seem realistic that Philly can trade up for Mariota

Foles lost games against good teams. So did Sanchez. They both beat up on bad teams. They both had 1 impressive victory. Foles on the road against the Colts and Sanchez on the road against the Cowboys. Other than that they both completed a decent completion % but had way too many turnovers.

Offense wasn't explosive enough (still don't get why we let Desean go) under either QB and defense was shit.

And that's the main reason I want an upgrade over Foles. If this team is going to be built to run a no huddle spread hurry up offense, you want a QB who can do a lot more. Especially cause the D sucks so they are extremely 1 dimensional. You can win with a QB like Foles or Sanchez so long as other parts of your team are amazing. Can't rely on them to carry the team by scoring 30+ to cover for the horrible D.

It's either get the QB that can run this 10x better or go forward with Foles but then actually be active in FA to upgrade the D. And don't pick 3rd round projects as your first round pick. Sign 1-2 of the top CB/Safeties in FA and select the best defensive player available at pick 20.

Good news is 3/4s of our terrible starting secondary are FAs and there is no way they should be offered contracts. So we might be forced to sign decent upgrades. I'd like Maxwell, McCourty, and maybe one more CB like Kareem from Houston.

Really this off season is where Chip has to make his mark.

Top Bottom