• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Jarnet87

This Linebacker class is weak.

I want Denzel Perryman. UM linebackers have a good pedigree and Al Golden is doing a real shit job there so those kids are getting drafted lower then they normally would. Bucs could use inside linebacker help, that or an offensive lineman is key in round 2. So many needs on this team. Safety, Defensive line, offensive line, middle linebacker, a WR who can work the middle and short yardage. A real tight end.

9: R1P9 OT BRANDON SCHERFF IOWA
40: R2P8 DE ARIK ARMSTEAD OREGON
74: R3P10 WR DEVIN FUNCHESS MICHIGAN
105: R4P9 RB TEVIN COLEMAN INDIANA
136: R5P8 ILB TAIWAN JONES MICHIGAN STATE
170: R6P10 OT SEAN HICKEY SYRACUSE
201: R7P9 S DAMARIOUS RANDALL ARIZONA STATE
220: R7P28 DT JAMES CASTLEMAN OKLAHOMA STATE

I'm thrilled with mine for the Giants (I wish went safety higher though). Arik Armstead in the second and Tevin in the fourth are robberies imho.

Mine:
(Sherff was gone at pick 5)

R1P9 WR AMARI COOPER ALABAMA
R2P8 G A.J. CANN SOUTH CAROLINA
R3P10 RB TODD GURLEY GEORGIA
R4P9 TE JESSE JAMES PENN STATE
R5P8 CB STEVEN NELSON OREGON STATE
R6P10 DE DEION BARNES PENN STATE
R7P9 DT CHUCKY HUNTER TCU
R7P28 S DAMARIOUS RANDALL ARIZONA STATE

Didn't address linebacker though I hit the position in free agency when the fanspeak FA tool was posted. I had Collins and Peat on the board in the first round but I'm taking Cooper and running. The thought of Cooper, Odell and a healthy Cruz......

Draxal

Mine:
(Sherff was gone at pick 5)

R1P9 WR AMARI COOPER ALABAMA
R2P8 G A.J. CANN SOUTH CAROLINA
R5P8 CB STEVEN NELSON OREGON STATE
R6P10 DE DEION BARNES PENN STATE

Didn't address linebacker though I hit the position in free agency when the fanspeak FA tool was posted.

Gurley in the third is wtfish how the hell did he last so long. I also don't like going wr and te (it's why I like Funchess is that he can be both).

I do think they'd go dline earlier than you did, and earlier than we did for safety help.

I also think I want La'el Collins over Scherff, but I think the Giants will play it safe with Scherff.

edit. Combing our drafts would make this.

R1P9 OT BRANDON SCHERFF IOWA
R2P8 DE ARIK ARMSTEAD OREGON
R5P8 ILB TAIWAN JONES MICHIGAN STATE
R6P10 OT SEAN HICKEY SYRACUSE

Which would be an insane draft.

effzee

Why Eagles fans so down on Foles

Because he isn't that good. Limited arm strength plus no mobility.

I'm not of the mindset that you have to have a mobile QB in Chip's system so as long as you excel as a pocket QB. Foles doesn't. His limitations as a poker passer would be fine if complimented that with the threat of running to scare defenses.

He takes terrible sacks, throws late on deep routes which with his bad arm strength leads to picks, and outside of that amazing run* from 2 seasons ago he has been a turnover machine.

* The run, which people always forget, was against a stretch of games against terrible defenses/teams. Plus Foles is credited with only throwing 2 INTs but that run had a lot of passes which should have been picks just dropped by defenders or fluke plays where the ball gets tipped by the defender right into a WR's hands. Also doesn't include fumbles which like I mentioned came from his terrible sacks.

He isn't terrible and has improved from when we first saw him with Reid. He could maybe improve more. I so wanted him to be the real deal so, like with McNabb before, we would not have to worry about drafting a QB for 10 + seasons. Unfortunately as I feared, his magical run was just that and he came back down to Earth last season.

When was the last time the Eagles had a QB they actually liked?

It went from "We want McNabb out, bring in Vick!" to

"We want Vick out, bring in Foles!" to

"We want Foles out, bring in Johnny fucking Manziel!" (Don't say you didn't want him Eagles fans, we got the receipts from last year) to

"We want Foles out, bring in Sanchez!" to

"We want Sanchez out bring Foles back in!" to

"We want Foles out, bring in Mariota!"

Not sure who you are referring to? Outside of duce22, who was before your time, Eagles fans on GAF have been supportive of McNabb and me personally loved McNabb- my favorite Eagle.

Those fans who wanted McNabb out mostly reached that point after frustration from getting so close so many times but always coming up short. Recognizing McNabb's limitations, I always felt like Reid more than McNabb held those teams back. Reid kept making the same mistakes long after McNabb was gone (roster, coaching staff, and time management).

I always felt like its far easier to find a better coach or a different voice to lead the team than to replace a franchise QB. Eagles have been trying since they traded McNabb away. It ain't easy. Meanwhile they were able to transition from Reid, who people outside of Philly think is an elite coach, to Chip who seems to be a good coach and possibly great.

Also fans wanted McNabb gone because Reid and FO kept pumping up Kolb. The racists wanted Kolb cause you know he was smart, could read defenses, and McNabb was just holding the Eagles back. No one was really clamoring for Vick to come in.

Vick, much like Foles, came in and went on a magical run. He also came back down to Earth, though his fall was more due to the chaos that was the Eagles FO/coaches at the time, plus terrible OLINE play. And of course he couldn't stay healthy and at his age he wasn't the long term option for the franchise. Still better than Foles IMO.

Foles only got his shot cause Vick got hurt and not because the fans somehow forced the team's hand. Foles earned his job but when he got hurt Sanchez took over. Sanchez started off hot but also leveled out to be Foles 2.0 in that he would have stretches of good play but then terrible INTs and overall decision making.

Basically since McNabb they have either found success in short runs (Foles/Vick) or have completely failed to groom the next franchise QB (Kolb).

Chip's been successful with what he has had to work with but ideally new coach/regime should be able to pick their ideal QB. Plus most fans can't help shake the feeling that while Chip has done a great job adjusting to he has at QB, he hasn't been able to open up his playbook fully cause his QBs have such limited skill.

Pimpwerx

Jameis was smart to throw at the combine. He's logged a perfect day, standing out as the best of the bunch. He can really throw the hell out of the ball. Sounds like he's cleaning up in interviews too. I don't know if anyone can do anything on their pro days to change the course of things now. Tampa would be foolish not to take him. I hope the Jets draft Mariota. PEACE.

Jarnet87

Jameis was smart to throw at the combine. He's logged a perfect day, standing out as the best of the bunch. He can really throw the hell out of the ball. Sounds like he's cleaning up in interviews too. I don't know if anyone can do anything on their pro days to change the course of things now. Tampa would be foolish not to take him. I hope the Jets draft Mariota. PEACE.

I saw the clip of his interview with Mooch. "you're not gonna have Jerry rice" "well maybe i'll have Vincent Jackson"

tumblr_inline_mqbevaz2FY1qz4rgp.gif

So Kevin White had better straight line speed than Copper, but Cooper was better in the 3 cone and far better in the 20 yard shuttle. Cooper just makes things look effortless

ampere

Because he isn't that good. Limited arm strength plus no mobility.

I'm not of the mindset that you have to have a mobile QB in Chip's system so as long as you excel as a pocket QB. Foles doesn't. His limitations as a poker passer would be fine if complimented that with the threat of running to scare defenses.

He takes terrible sacks, throws late on deep routes which with his bad arm strength leads to picks, and outside of that amazing run* from 2 seasons ago he has been a turnover machine.

* The run, which people always forget, was against a stretch of games against terrible defenses/teams. Plus Foles is credited with only throwing 2 INTs but that run had a lot of passes which should have been picks just dropped by defenders or fluke plays where the ball gets tipped by the defender right into a WR's hands. Also doesn't include fumbles which like I mentioned came from his terrible sacks.

He isn't terrible and has improved from when we first saw him with Reid. He could maybe improve more. I so wanted him to be the real deal so, like with McNabb before, we would not have to worry about drafting a QB for 10 + seasons. Unfortunately as I feared, his magical run was just that and he came back down to Earth last season.

He's young, I think he could develop. Low mobility certainly isn't desirable, but it can work out with good blocking.

If he didn't break his collarbone, I think ya'll would have made the playoffs for sure. Also it doesn't really seem realistic that Philly can trade up for Mariota

MechDX

Funny how Eagles fans rip Foles a new one and talk about how utterly Shit he is then think they will get a 2nd or 3rd Round pick for him.

JABEE

We were actually having some real football talk before Gata just did that!

I didn't give up on McNabb. I was really sad when he was traded.

The Eagles haven't had a true franchise QB since him. So many guys have had nice seasons only to fall back to Earth as efzee said.

I think the Eagles can win in spite of poor QB play if we can turn Foles into more of a game manager, and improve our secondary.

We need to go back to using the screen game more like we did in 2013 when everyone was healthy. We have two great catching RBs in Sproles and McCoy. Run more offensive plays with both of them in the backfield.

I also like Mariota. I wish there was a place where you could watch more film on these guys. YouTube highlight packages don't really show enough. And the Linkin Park music blaring over the top of the highlights irritate me.

rando14

My favorite gatatar was the one of the alligator holding the candy cane

It represented a cheerful little fellow with great Christmas spirit

Top Bottom