• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Jarnet87

Dolphins at 14th

Joe Philbin drafting a low character guy? Child Please. Dolphins are notorious for passing on big time WRs because they have offfield issues. Passed on Moss, passed on Dez (dat interview) and they will pass on DGB. Philbin will draft some offensive lineman or a corner.

Joe Philbin drafting a low character guy? Child Please. Dolphins are notorious for passing on big time WRs because they have offfield issues. Passed on Moss, passed on Dez (dat interview) and they will pass on DGB. Philbin will draft some offensive lineman or a corner.

Let me explain my logic

As you said Philbin doesn't like "character guys", plus last year the WR group was considered a strength for Miami and we have massive needs on defense, especially at LB and Tackle, so because it's the Dolphins, we are going to draft a guy with "issues" for a position that was a strength, ignore our bigger needs only to have that player fail and move on to another team and flourish. I envy the team that ends up with Dion Jordan after we trade him.

Edit: I personally believe they'll target someone like Shelton DT for Wash

DGB is so over-hyped it's ridiculous. He lives off his HS hype still.

Dude doesn't track the ball, has iffy hands, doesn't use his size effectively against high end competition. And he's the next Josh Gordon mentally.

He's a second round talent. Cooper, White, Parker, and Funchess will all go ahead of him.

Why Eagles fans so down on Foles

His accuracy was really bad this year, coupled with his skittishness in the pocket and his increased turnovers and a lot of people soured on him.

I don't think there are better options available to them, however, and that moving on from him will backfire.

Why Eagles fans so down on Foles

When was the last time the Eagles had a QB they actually liked?

It went from "We want McNabb out, bring in Vick!" to

"We want Vick out, bring in Foles!" to

"We want Foles out, bring in Johnny fucking Manziel!" (Don't say you didn't want him Eagles fans, we got the receipts from last year) to

"We want Foles out, bring in Sanchez!" to

"We want Sanchez out bring Foles back in!" to

"We want Foles out, bring in Mariota!"

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
DGB is so over-hyped it's ridiculous. He lives off his HS hype still.

Dude doesn't track the ball, has iffy hands, doesn't use his size effectively against high end competition. And he's the next Josh Gordon mentally.

He's a second round talent. Cooper, White, Parker, and Funchess will all go ahead of him.

Overhyped? I don't see anyone projecting him high.

Physically, he has all of the tools. He's not there mentally. At all. When I watch his tape, I see a guy who just does not give a fuck.

Overhyped? I don't see anyone projecting him high.

Physically, he has all of the tools. He's not there mentally. At all. When I watch his tape, I see a guy who just does not give a fuck.

Really? I'v seen a ton of guys projecting him in the late first because of his physical gifts. When I get a minute I'll pop the tweets of people singing his praises and some articles. I'v heard some people think he should go as high as 14th to the Phins (which is absurd).

It's not even his lack of effort. He has shoddy hands, he's a body catcher, he doesn't run clean routes, he doesn't frame his body well. He's a big tall fast guy but he's not a natural receiver.

Really? I'v seen a ton of guys projecting him in the late first because of his physical gifts. When I get a minute I'll pop the tweets of people singing his praises and some articles. I'v heard some people think he should go as high as 14th to the Phins (which is absurd).

It's not even his lack of effort. He has shoddy hands, he's a body catcher, he doesn't run clean routes, he doesn't frame his body well. He's a big tall fast guy but he's not a natural receiver.

which is why it'll happen

I have a running bet with a friend that DGB won't go in the first round. He thinks he will .

i want to see breshad perriman, who's starting to get hyped up. Never seen him play

I have a running bet with a friend that DGB won't go in the first round. He thinks he will .

i want to see breshad perriman, who's starting to get hyped up. Never seen him play

He's so dynamic down the field. Not the fastest but he's really really fun to watch, personally I expect a nice career as a solid #2 from him. Someone will get great value in the 4th.

I would be absolutely livid if the Dolphins drafted Green-Beckem, especially since better WR's will likely still be available.

At 14 there would be at least 2-3 guys better suited than him.

Dolphins need LB/DT/CB before WR because regardless of how up and down our offense was all year, our defense (and coaching) cost us at least 3 games with last minute collapses. We keep Wallace and Landry and draft a WR in round 2 or 3.

He's so dynamic down the field. Not the fastest but he's really really fun to watch, personally I expect a nice career as a solid #2 from him. Someone will get great value in the 4th.

At 14 there would be at least 2-3 guys better suited than him.
I've seen multiple drafts by respected ppl having him in the first, like walterfootball. Mayock or Cosell have been really talking him up too, can't remember with one. Maybe both

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Watch him block. No effort. That's a big red flag to me. I don't think he works on any part of his game, hence the bad routes, body catching, etc.

My friend wants to buy a PS3 used, any kind of sales or trade in options that anyone is aware of? They are about 130 at Gamestop but she really only wants it for one game so I'm looking for something cheaper.

My friend wants to buy a PS3 used, any kind of sales or trade in options that anyone is aware of? They are about 130 at Gamestop but she really only wants it for one game so I'm looking for something cheaper.

You can probably find a good one at a used games shop or a consignment place for like 80 bucks.

Too many people are infatuated with size when it comes to wide receiver. Eight of the top thirteen in receiving yards last season were six feet or under. Yes, you not cannot teach size, but people underestimate the difficulty in improving someone's catching and route running ability.

DGB is tall, but he's slow getting out of his cuts, he's a body catcher, and his hands are suspect

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
B-aGZZaCcAAOIkt.jpg

Do they make officially licensed ponchos?

Greg

Too many people are infatuated with size when it comes to wide receiver. Eight of the top thirteen in receiving yards last season were six feet or under. Yes, you not cannot teach size, but people underestimate the difficulty in improving someone's catching and route running ability.

DGB is tall, but he's slow getting out of his cuts, he's a body catcher, and his hands are suspect
it's all about that vertical jump

My way too early mock draft for the Jaguars using http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

3: R1P3 DE DANTE FOWLER JR., FLORIDA
36: R2P4 RB MELVIN GORDON, WISCONSIN
67: R3P3 WR DEVIN FUNCHESS, MICHIGAN
100: R4P4 CB IFO EKPRE-OLOMU, OREGON
131: R5P3 OT ROB HAVENSTEIN, WISCONSIN
164: R6P4 DT KALEB EULLS, MISSISSIPPI STATE
195: R7P3 DE JERMAURIA RASCO, LSU

Colasante

Interesting to see that the Patriots met with Landon Collins today. I think he'll probably go before they're up, but it'll be interesting to see what they do if he's available. He'd be a huge upgrade on Pat Chung and Duron Harmon, and give them extra flexibility if they franchise tag Devin McCourty, but safety isn't the spot most in need of an upgrade.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Karlos Williams is pretty dam fast, didn't think he would run a 4.4. I don't think he'll get drafted, but it will be interesting to see if some team brings him to a camp to play at RB or return to Safety position.

All this Hundley stuff to Cleveland, the poor kid is already dead. Most people saying he needs to sit, dead. going to cleveland, dead. 2nd round pick possibly, dead. he is deader then dead.

He is so freaking slow to hit the gaps. He should have dominated this past year, even with our losses on the oline, and showed glimmers of competence when Cam got moved to center, but overall he had one of the most disappointing seasons in my years of watching the Noles.

Top Bottom