• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Adam Schefter ‏ @ AdamSchefter 3m 3 minutes ago
So much Jameis Winston-Marcus Mariota talk. But don't sleep on UCLA's Brett Hundley, whom Browns would have considered in top 10 last year.
Wasn't the biggest fan of him last season, but I'm probably in for rounds after 1st. A vets probably starting the season for us no matter what
Interested to see which one ultimately heads to Oakland.
D989D4D7ED1180966915892744192_3.1.5.3202685679524487920.mp4.jpg

eznark

Banned
Wasn't the biggest fan of him last season, but I'm probably in for rounds after 1st. A vets probably starting the season for us no matter what

Hasn't called plays since high school, doesn't even know how to and is confused by basic terminology?

Sounds like a Browns top 10.

Which one is your team drafting? Who would you like them to draft and why?

I'm conflicted at this point. Cooper is the safer pick and runs the far better routes, but White is bigger, faster, and I think has the higher upside. At this moment I lean Cooper, but that could change

I am pretty sure if Mariota is there at 3, the Jaguars will trade that pick. Chip Kelly will have to trade this entire draft and a 1 next year to move up from 20.

Hasn't called plays since high school, doesn't even know how to and is confused by basic terminology?

Sounds like a Browns top 10.
Go Browns!

But I do know they've scouted him a bunch and can play better the. He showed this season with all the online problems. Again I'm not the biggest fan but fuck im in, he's a pretty big kid, and my Qb is about to be Josh mccown this season.
I know some guys like Gondo and I think Wes were big Hundley fans
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 8m 8 minutes ago
Piggybacking what @AdamSchefter said, I heard last year the Browns were actively petitioning Brett Hundley to enter the draft early.
0 replies2 retweets2 favorites

More
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 7m 7 minutes ago
Now, that said, 2014 staff is different than 2015 staff in Cleveland.
Browns should just draft a QB in the first round every year. They are bound to hit on one!

Some Wr and D help in first and then Qb with all our other picks, run a monopoly. They'll probably all play year one with Browns

jakncoke

Banned
Idk i dont see eagles making that sorta move in reality. Seems like eagles fans with lack of blood to their brain and all the blood in their dicks typing random shit out. Stop with the pipe dreams and start discussing what may be there for you pick. It'll hurt less later.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm conflicted at this point. Cooper is the safer pick and runs the far better routes, but White is bigger, faster, and I think has the higher upside. At this moment I lean Cooper, but that could change

White is also the superior blocker. It'll help keep him on the field at all times.

We should forfeit all our picks for the rights to Cardale jones next draft
Idk i dont see eagles making that sorta move in reality. Seems like eagles fans with lack of blood to their brain and all the blood in their dicks typing random shit out. Stop with the pipe dreams and start discussing what may be there for you pick. It'll hurt less later.
Foles still probably the best bet to start week one, but Hundley could be a legit option for them later.

gutshot

Don't tell me what to think! It's Mariota or bust!

Kevtones

Pleased to see Mariota throw well. Not surprised though.

Guy has a killer work ethic and he'll adapt faster than people expect.

Please go all in Chip Kelly.

RBH

Dr. James Andrews, who repaired the ACL on Georgia running back Todd Gurley, was adamant Saturday that any reports that reflect uncertainty about Gurley's progress from Nov. 25th surgery are unfounded based on several team physicians he has communicated with at the NFL scouting combine.

"I heard some fuss that Gurley wouldn't let teams examine him and that's just totally misleading," said Andrews. "The team physicians I have spoken with who are there -- and I have spoken to a bunch of them -- were all happy about what they saw. I mean, they're smart enough to know you can't have 32 teams pulling and tugging on a knee just 3½ months removed from surgery. But the doctors I spoke with said he looked great and I'd say he's probably six weeks ahead with his recovery."

One team's doctor said Gurley's relatively simple surgery -- there was no other damage to his knee other than the ACL -- leave expectations that the Georgia running back would be able to "fully play the game" nine months after the surgery, which would project him as being ready for a team's preseason. This team doctor said the "surgery is almost always a slam dunk" and stability, range of month and quad strength are early predictors for success.

Andrews said he spent time observing and re-examining Gurley before the running back left for the Combine.

"Gurley's quad muscle is way ahead of what you would expect even at this stage and that's vital to a good recovery, as you know," said Andrews. "The Georgia trainer, Ron Courson, did a great job the first six weeks post-surgery and then Todd came here (at he Andrews Institute in Pensacola, FL) and I was very happy before he left for Indianapolis He's been running on a treadmill, running underwater, he's never had any swelling and these teams will get to see just how much more progress he will continue to make before the draft (April 30-May 2)."

Gurley has been projected to be a late first-round draft choice or no worse than the top half of the second round if he has no setbacks with the knee.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/st...s-negative-reports-todd-gurley-knee-unfounded

It wasn't all his fault last year BG. Majority of the time he was running for his life due to his OL giving up so many sacks a game

Which one is your team drafting? Who would you like them to draft and why?

They like Parker too. Could be either one of them. I like White myself because he's bigger and more physical and can catch in traffic. Coop was always wide open so never really had to fight for the ball, crisp route runner and has freakishly big hands tho. Also a little faster than I thought.

My preference is a trade down and take Strong at 20, or Eric Kendricks. Big Scherff fan as well, but doubt they'd take an OG at 4, even tho it would be a very good pick imo.

Jarnet87

Karlos Williams is pretty dam fast, didn't think he would run a 4.4. I don't think he'll get drafted, but it will be interesting to see if some team brings him to a camp to play at RB or return to Safety position.

All this Hundley stuff to Cleveland, the poor kid is already dead. Most people saying he needs to sit, dead. going to cleveland, dead. 2nd round pick possibly, dead. he is deader then dead.

Anyone from mark sanchez to Josh mccown could be starting for Browns week, as it looks like Hoyer probably isn't resigning.

Also Hundley runs best Qb 20 yard short shuttle since 2006

Top Bottom