• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

safe_image.php

That's mah coach!

B82RMFCCQAE1MhU.jpg

200.gif

^Dan Quinn's reaction after watching footage of the Falcons defense last year :(
Racist

^^^ RBH where are you finding these pics?

Todd McShay ‏@McShay13 2m 2 minutes ago
Wow. Unnoficial 4.35 for WVU WR K White. I thought coming in a sub-4.5 made him top-10 lock. Cooper-White debate just got more interesting

brentech

I just thought he was more athletic. 4.99 is only 0.15 seconds faster than Nick Foles.
Watch a couple minutes of a highlight reel for him, and you'll see he's a pocket passer who will take what the defense gives him on the ground at times. In the NFL, sure, with his speed that's not going to work as much, but he didn't do it often anyways.

That said, watching 3-5 minutes of a 14 minute reel, I came to realization that I hate his throwing motion. He wastes precious fractions of a second with this weird cocking motion. Like, he holds the ball in a decent enough position to start, but when he's about to throw it, he lowers it and then goes through a throwing motion. It's unnecessary at best.

Because he's black.

"More athletic" -> Black
Probably

ampere

That's mah coach!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B82RMFCCQAE1MhU.jpg[img]

[img]http://media2.giphy.com/media/v7JX7LoRUB07m/200.gif[img]

^Dan Quinn's reaction after watching footage of the Falcons defense last year :([/QUOTE]

I hope the dirty birds do better this year. I've lived in ATL so long they're kind of my NFC team.

[quote="Dutch Patriot, post: 153044741"]2 maybe, might also blow out my shoulder, but it just shows my heart for the game.[/QUOTE]

Keep your shoulders, you need them to do stuff!

Jarnet87

watching the combine a bit behind. Good job Rashad Greene running a 4.47. I think whatever team drafts him is going to get one hell of a receiver. Devin Funchess is huge, type of guy that we'll know within a couple games whether he is the real deal or not.

Godslay

Banned
Pretty much as long as they be mobile in the pocket to evade oncoming rushers

I liked how Warner was talking about footwork in the pocket. I think being able to move and throw from a small pocket is more important than a 40 time. That mobility is more of a skill/art than straight line speed.

I like how we'll all sit down and watch the whole combine and draft, but then we complain about preseason games :jnc

I like watching the preseason games too. Watching guys you wont see for a couple of years or developmental guys. Plus the thirst for football is strong at that point.

gutshot

Watch a couple minutes of a highlight reel for him, and you'll see he's a pocket passer who will take what the defense gives him on the ground at times. In the NFL, sure, with his speed that's not going to work as much, but he didn't do it often anyways.

That said, watching 3-5 minutes of a 14 minute reel, I came to realization that I hate his throwing motion. He wastes precious fractions of a second with this weird cocking motion. Like, he holds the ball in a decent enough position to start, but when he's about to throw it, he lowers it and then goes through a throwing motion. It's unnecessary at best.

Probably

Yeah, I haven't really seen much of him since I don't watch college FB. I knew he was a pocket passer but thought he was more Aaron Rodgers than Tom Brady. It has nothing to do with race by the way, just my own assumption of his game being incorrect.

rando14

I already knew it was coming so there were no surprises. It's like you saying "I can't wait to see your reaction when the niners go 6-10 this year!"

I guess a more accurate one would have been "I wish I could have seen your reaction when Kaep threw that pick at the end of the 2013 NFC cg!!"

Or "I Wish I could have seen your reaction when the Niners threw all those passes at the goalline in SB 47!!"

Or "I wish I could have seen your reaction when Kyle williams muffed the punt in the 2012 NFC cg!!"

Yeesh this isn't even fair anymore :(

I don't know enough about him, but he's looked the part today.

Summary of my notes on him:

Big, plays tall, high points the ball, great hands, quicker than fast (thought he'd run a 4.55), deceptive long speed, not fluid in breaks, doesn't play traditional Y role, offense will require full shift to mental philosophy, routes are choppy (tends to just jump ball people instead of running his way open).

First round pick, top-15, top-20.

MechDX

I guess a more accurate one would have been "I wish I could have seen your reaction when Kaep threw that pick at the end of the 2013 NFC cg!!"

Or "I Wish I could have seen your reaction when the Niners threw all those passes at the goalline in SB 47!!"

Or "I wish I could have seen your reaction when Kyle williams muffed the punt in the 2012 NFC cg!!"

Damn Rando bludgeoning FMT into submission.

Konka

Banned

I wish I could have seen his reaction when the niners won their 5th Super Bowl.

Top Bottom