• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 31s31 seconds ago
"9-7, it's progress. But it's not the mission. ... Progress isn't good enough. The mission here is to win." O'Brien says. #Texans

Tell em BOB! Love this guy!

Why would either of them get cut and not traded?

It wouldn't be that shocking to me if no team wanted to trade for either. Manziel coming fresh off IR plus a season-ending party that caused 2 other people to get publicly called out by their owner, and Gordon being one of those two and coming off another suspension shortly before that.

Neither option looks immediately attractive right now, and that sucks to say because I've always thought Gordon could be legendary in the league. I don't want either of them to be a "what could have been" situation, but they have a lot to change and a lot to prove next year.

I'm really happy too. Rhodes has turned into a legit corner. Barr, Smith, and Griffin are all great young guys to build around. Floyd and Robison need to be upgraded, and we need major help at linebacker.

Not saying Teddy is a world beater, but I'm hugely impressed with his decision making ability to convert on 3rd and long. His accuracy could stand improvement, but I can live with him when he still completes 65% of his passes.

The real disappointment is with Kalil. We might be able to make a serviceable RT out of him.

Corderelle might not even be on the team next year, which is a huge disappointment.

I might be an idiot but I still have hope that Kalil will return to form. I've not given up on cordarrelle either. He needed a reality check and I try to remember this was only his third year of high level football including college. Only his first year where coaches actually required him to be a wide receiver instead of a gimmick.

Flash Gordon ‏ @ JOSH_GORDONXII 4m 4 minutes ago
A lot of things didn't go the way I'd like them to this season, but I wouldn't want to go to war with any other group of guys or coaches.

MechDX

A lot of things didn't go the way I'd like them to this season, but I wouldn't want to go to war with any other group of guys or coaches.

Jeremy Fowler ‏@JFowlerESPN · 15m15 minutes ago
Manziel apologized to the team, veterans, etc. "Either i'm going to learn or I'm going to be finding something else to do"

BG I honestly hope your team is not buying this bullshit

Syrinx

How do you expect to be the leader of an NFL team when your teammates don't even take you seriously as a professional or even a person in general?

Jeremy Fowler ‏@JFowlerESPN · 15m15 minutes ago
Manziel apologized to the team, veterans, etc. "Either i'm going to learn or I'm going to be finding something else to do"

BG I honestly hope your team is not buying this bullshit
I'm over it. Hope he pulls it together wether it's with the Browns or not. But I'm not pinning my hopes on him.

Lubricus

I hope Atlanta gets Todd Bowles as head coach. He has a nice resume. He may want to go back to the Jets since he worked for them before.

Welp

LA - theOBR ‏ @ LaneAdkins 3m 3 minutes ago
Just had 2 Browns text me in complete laughter after learning Josh Gordon sent out Tweet saying there is a group of players or coaches he'd rather go to war with

Jarnet87

And they would still need a QB even if they traded for him.

Man I'm so glad the Bucs went Evans over Manziel.

I'm not sold on Evans being the real deal yet, but its more on previous busts then the guy himself. Michael Clayton, Mike Williams, Cadillac Williams, Doug Martin are all guys who had killer rookie season and then turned to poop. Mike Evans is crazy talented so it shouldn't happen to him but I'm still a little worried due to our history.

Syrinx

I'm not sold on Evans being the real deal yet, but its more on previous busts then the guy himself. Michael Clayton, Mike Williams, Cadillac Williams, Doug Martin are all guys who had killer rookie season and then turned to poop. Mike Evans is crazy talented so it shouldn't happen to him but I'm still a little worried due to our history.
Well should this be the case (God forbid), thats still one more good season than anybody's going to get out of Manziel at this rate.

cajunator

Banned
I saw a factoid about the Bucs during the Saints game that is pretty nuts. Three of the last 5 QBs they drafted turned out to be super bowl winners, for another team.

Syrinx

I saw a factoid about the Bucs during the Saints game that is pretty nuts. Three of the last 5 QBs they drafted turned out to be super bowl winners, for another team.
Young, Dilfer...was Testaverde on a SB roster?

E: wait, our last three QBs drafted were Gradkowski, Josh Johnson, and Mike Glennon. So one of the former two was on a SB team?

squicken

Flash Gordon ‏@JOSH_GORDONXII

Is there a restaurant open today? I'm trying to resist the frozen pizzas in the freezer..

He sent that out on Christmas Day. Kind of sad. Not that he shouldn't be cut.

I'm out on the JFF bandwagon but he has some value.

Yes, RBH should be burned.

The primary (and really sole) function of an off-season thread going concurrently with the playoffs is to laugh at people as their season ends in bitter playoff disappointment.

Yes, NFL-GAF is that cold and jaded

More specifically, to laugh at KAS when the Lions lose to the Cowboys.

RBH

Drunk Falcons fan twerks to U2 during the game yesterday:

http://deadspin.com/drunk-as-hell-falcons-fan-twerks-to-u2-talks-some-wond-1676027086

DouglasCartland.gif

More specifically, to laugh at KAS when the Lions lose to the Cowboys.
Okie, sold.

Waiting for pettines conference

Brian Dulik ‏@BrianDulik 2m 2 minutes ago
#Browns T Joe Thomas: "You expect a middle school player to show up on time. Why can't you expect an #NFL player to show up on time?" #Truth

Tamanon

Banned
Okie, sold.

Waiting for pettines conference

Brian Dulik ‏@BrianDulik 2m 2 minutes ago
#Browns T Joe Thomas: "You expect a middle school player to show up on time. Why can't you expect an #NFL player to show up on time?" #Truth

I mean, that's why they give out so many watches in bowl games, right? To prepare for the NFL.

squicken

Having watched The Interview over the holidays, all I can think about Manziel's press conference is "I did not honey dick Josh Gordon!"

"@ESPNNFL: Reported by @SteveMariucci, #Raiders have reached out to Bill Cowher for their HC vacancy."

Yeah right, we are going to end-up with fucking Del Rio

rando14

Seattle fans your DC is gone after this season...I would be shocked if he wasn't hired..

Very good chance, and I'll be happy for him!! Quinn's a baller and deserves a shot, I would harbor no ill feelings for him... So long as he doesn't take the SF job!! >_>

Can the Vikings draft one of those super good already elite WRs in the next draft?

They seem super common based on the ones from this year.

DE and WR need depth, but not necessarily #1 talent. But we DO need a QB of the future - and when do you get that if not with the #1?
I agree on Winston going to blow up, and sooner rather than later.

Mariota makes a lot of sense. Recruited and coached by Kelly, running an offense similar to what we had planned with Tedford as OC.

But Tedford is gone. Mariota in Tampa would be a disaster. He needs to go somewhere with creative, modern offensive minds. Lovie Smith is all wrong.

Winston seems more like Lovie's kind of QB as Winston is a dumber (off the field) Roethlisberger.

Top Bottom