• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Duke Williams from Auburn as well, though there's a small chance he stays another year.

Big body, catch everything, but I hear he isn't a top speed/deep threat type guy. So, maybe a good possession WR.

RELAYER

Banned
I fucking hate the Falcons fan base.

"Rex Ryan is a perfect fit! He never had an elite offense before! He could come here and the offense is already in place!!!"

BRUH...
We scored 3 fucking points.

Hammer24

Banned
But Tedford is gone. Mariota in Tampa would be a disaster. He needs to go somewhere with creative, modern offensive minds. Lovie Smith is all wrong.

Winston seems more like Lovie's kind of QB as Winston is a dumber (off the field) Roethlisberger.

You are right. But we will still go and get a new OC. I hope Lovie is realistic enough to see that he and Arroyo are not going to cut it by themselves. And a new OC in the Tedford mold, specifically choosen for being able to work with Mariota, would be hot shit.

Winston really should consider staying another year at FSU and try to show he can stay out of trouble and show some signs of maturity. He may be looking at falling out of the first round if he comes out this year with Manziel's disaster fresh in everybody's minds.

Yeah. Not even Winston hurt Winston´s draft stock as much as Manziel did.

DCX

DCX
I fucking hate the Falcons fan base.

"Rex Ryan is a perfect fit! He never had an elite offense before! He could come here and the offense is already in place!!!"

BRUH...
We scored 3 fucking points.
Wrong argument. He is a perfect fit because his players run through walls for him. He is coach that is no nonsense and has balls. He is also a great defensive mind. The offense may have only scored 3, but our defense was a fucking turnstyle in the running game and the QB had all day to through.

That can change with Rex.

DCX

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
people who recline their airplane seats are the worst.

On domestic flights these people should be shot.

I think some of the regional jets I've been on lately disabled the function by putting all the seats in a semi-reclined position to start with.

Striker

Wrong argument. He is a perfect fit because his players run through walls for him. He is coach that is no nonsense and has balls. He is also a great defensive mind. The offense may have only scored 3, but our defense was a fucking turnstyle in the running game and the QB had all day to through.

That can change with Rex.

DCX
He developed and brought in great talents in NY. It would take him a while to do that same sort of success if he were to go Atlanta.

Same goes for whoever takes over the Giants defense, even if for some stupid reason it is Fewell again. The best DE is a free agent and still lack a starter on the other side. They need another starting caliber DT, plus add new bodies at LB, re-signing Walter Thurmond is necessary, and two new starters at Safety.

cajunator

Banned
image.php

Dont mess with Maa

RBH

After receiving news of the firing of coach Mike Smith, Falcons coordinators Mike Nolan and Dirk Koetter packed up their belongings and left the building.

Both are under contract, but may feel that a new coach will be allowed to bring in their own coordinators.

Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff is scheduled to meet with the remaining assistant coaches today.

“I will address the coaches over the next day and half about their contract situations,” Dimitroff said.

Smith meet with the team to announce his firing on Monday and received a standing ovation as he left the room.

The remaining assistant coaches under contract will be available to the new coach to hire.

“The great majority, there’s only a handful of coaches who are not under contract currently for 2016,” Falcons owner Arthur Blank said. “ Obviously, whoever the next head coach is, we will expect that individual to carefully assess our coaching staff, and we have a lot of very fine coaches.

“Whether or not if they all fit with their philosophies and style of the new head coach, only time will tell. I think that’s a decision that the new head coach will make. We certainly will make that staff available to whomever we select.”
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/nolan-koetter-packed-up-and-left/njcgS/

BigAT

Smith thinks his players were showing how much they loved and respected him. They were just clapping because he was leaving the room for the last time ever.

Also hello, I am finally joining my fellow bums in this thread. Next year is our year, right!

...right?

Vikings claim Parker for Bridgewater the Benevolent.

Went to two Vikings games this year, Teddys first start against the Falcons and Sunday. People really love that kid. Shows how long we've been without a QB, everyone chants Teddy! Teddy! It's great but he gets flustered from it, on Sunday he turned around and scolded the crowd while trying to call the play.

Side note, his deep ball has improved a ton throughout the year.

squicken

Farmer said in his press conference that Manziel draft decision was not made by Haslam. Having the two guys he drafted in the first round getting called out by teammates for foolishness isn't a good look for Ray

squicken

I know its his off season and all players should take some time off to heal but why even put this out there KNOWING the scrutiny he is under? What a fucking moron

I sgree he should keep a lower profile, but really, he has no chance to a a valid NFL player anymore

And fwiw it's not his account. He just agreed to send a "what's up!?" for someone's friend

MechDX

I sgree he should keep a lower profile, but really, he has no chance to a a valid NFL player anymore

And fwiw it's not his account. He just agreed to send a "what's up!?" for someone's friend

Then just tell the friend no and throw some dollars her way

I haven't been so optimistic about the Vikebikes in a long time. Never would have thought that a couple weeks into the season.

Zimmer seems like the real deal. He has molded our defense into something great. Lots of young talented guys. Rhodes is shaping into a true shutdown corner, smith is one of the most underrated players in the NFL, Barr, Griffen, etc.

Oh and Teddy. It feels real nice to have hope at QB. Offense needs work of course but it finally seems like we have the key piece.

I'm pretty content going forward. I'd like a WR or LB if we can grab someone elite.

:^)

SKOL, BE!
Couldn't agree more.
Teddy really impressed with his progression through the season. Early on (i.e. the first DET game) he had some definite rookie moments, but by the end seeing him command the huddle, audible, move in the pocket, make his reads- kid looked like a vet. He looked more pro in a 6 game span, as a 22 year old, than Ponder did in 3 years. Bulk him up about 10 pounds & get him ready for 2015. ;)

Defense was such a massive improvement that's hard to really appreciate unless you watched Frazier's putrid defense in the previous few years. Night & day.
Zimmer is the real deal. Love the guy & some of my Bengals friends were really pissed they didn't promote him/dump Lewis.
Give him two more seasons & the Vikes will have a top 3 defense in the NFC.

I'd love to see the Vikes go into the draft & re-unite Teddy with his Louisville BFF DeVante Parker, but I'd also love to see Zim keep building that defense. A furious MLB would be ideal, especially teamed with Barr & Hodges on the outside. I'd also love another beast safety to wreak havoc along with Smith.

The boys in purple have some big decisions coming up (particularly a certain suspended elephant in the room), but I haven't been this optimistic probably since the 90s.

Bring on next year.

^^^^^that Browns kirk cousins report, is essentially Tony Grossi just throwing darts

Here's a interesting one
Jim Wyatt of the Nashville Tennessean believes the Titans would pass on both Florida State QB Jameis Winston and Oregon QB Marcus Mariota with the No. 2 overall pick in May's draft.
It sounds like the Titans are seriously considering going all-in on Zach Mettenberger as their 2015 starter. Wyatt -- one of the most trusted beat reporters in the business -- is essentially echoing a report from ESPN's Chris Mortensen, who stated Sunday the Titans were "content" with Mettenberger under center. Wyatt "can't see" the Titans using the No. 2 pick on a quarterback.

Omg Mech.
After spending a high pick on a bust like Locker it makes sense for them to go BPA or trade down if they aren't in love with Mariota/Winston. Could all just be early smokescreen. #draftmindgames.
I mean they have the 2nd pick, no real need for mindgames or smokes screens In my opinion haha.

Top Bottom