• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Draft of Arrest Warrant for Argentine President Found at Dead Prosecutor’s Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
When real life becomes more fictional than fiction.
The murder of a man who was about to uncover a large scandal.
The president posting the itinerary of the journalist who reported the murder.
Intelligence agents, phone tapping, country hopping, warrants.
All we need now is for the president to be convicted of murder and an Ace Attorney style case.

/popcorn.gif

Toxi

Banned
Isn't it the CIA's theory that the argentinian espionage services just want to implicate and weakens Cristina's government?

Argie politics are crazy filthy.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised either way.

God, this is crazy.

Nikodemos

When real life becomes more fictional than fiction.
The murder of a man who was about to uncover a large scandal.
The president posting the itinerary of the journalist who reported the murder.
Intelligence agents, phone tapping, country hopping, warrants.
All we need now is for the president to be convicted of murder and an Ace Attorney style case.
It reads like the script for an Oscar-bait movie.

Heck, in several years' time, it will probably be made into an Oscar-bait movie.

Kinyou

May that tweet remain in infamy.

MaDgXPh.png

That's the official account of the presidency of Argentina revealing the itinerary of the journalist who uncovered the killing and then flew to safety after discovering he was being followed by Argentinan operatives.

It is so insane it sounds simply unbelievable, yet here it is.
What the exactly was the goal of that? Were they seriously trying to intimidate him in such a public fashion?

Jarmel

Banned
What the exactly was the goal of that? Were they seriously trying to intimidate him in such a public fashion?

You're talking about a government that presumably hired a hitman to kill someone literally the day before they were supposed to go public.

Ahasverus

I'd try and say I hope argentinian people revolt to this, but then I remember we latin american people might be the most politically passive people on earth.

In other words, forget it, Jake, it's Latin America.

Kirchner_tweet_recrop.0.png

she's making fun of the Chinese accent (and Chinese stereotypes) which substitutes r and l's. and she's on a State Visit to China.

So shes a racist and idiot too!

Argentina is relying on loans from China to bolster a currency that slumped 23 percent against the dollar last year amid the country’s second default in 13 years. The central bank has tapped about $3 billion of an $11 billion currency swap agreement with the Asian giant. Argentina is also depending on China to finance hydroelectric dams, while China’s Sinopec is analyzing an investment with state-run YPF SA to develop shale gas and oil in the vast Vaca Muerta fields.

Presidential spokesman Alfredo Scoccimarro didn’t answer his mobile phone or return an e-mail seeking comment on the tweets. The presidential palace’s official Twitter account, @CasaRosadaAR, retweeted Fernandez’s comment about it being a joke without sending the tweet on the Chinese accent.

Good job running a country and offend the people who are saving your ass.

Edit: is this new thread worthy?

translation please for people who don't live in Spanish speaking James Bond film.

sorry, you know what? things are so ridiculous and absurd the only way to deal with them is humor. Without that its very very toxic

I think I'm gonna make a new thread but cause a head of state using twitter like a 15 year old is newsworthy enough.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Kirchner seems to me like an Argentinian version of Sarah Palin, but with a lot more power. Is my impression off?

Could be she meant "sino," as in the Sino-Japanese war.

Though I can't read the rest of the tweet, so what the hell do I know?

Si no is different than sino

Si no, is 'if not". We need to do this, if not we'll fail
Sino is a negative "but" . Its not 6am but 7am

it could have been the character limit too

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
I wish whoever killed David Kelly was as obvious and amateur, maybe the UK and his family would have seen some justice. (A man can dream).

Lautaro

I'd try and say I hope argentinian people revolt to this, but then I remember we latin american people might be the most politically passive people on earth.

In other words, forget it, Jake, it's Latin America.

Argentinians are not really passive, the problem is that their "revolutions" leave things worse.

why do left leaning South American countries side with oppressive Iran? I don't get it?

I understand the whole anti-imperialism angle; that I get.

But I don't get why would any ''progressive'' minded leader would want to side with theocratic, misogynistic, oppressive Iranian government?

is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$?

Ahasverus

why do left leaning South American countries side with oppressive Iran? I don't get it?

I understand the whole anti-imperialism angle; that I get.

But I don't get why would any ''progressive'' minded leader would want to side with theocratic, misogynistic, oppressive Iranian government?

is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$?

Most latinamerican left sucks. A lot. They're less "Sweden left" and more "Castro left" with a good dose of Mussolini far right. They are not "progressive", they are just populist but corrupt.

In Colombia, the Liberal party is a right-yet-progressive party, which imo works best here.

And now the former spy chief is missing when he was supposed to testify last Thursday:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/06/americas/argentine-prosecutor-alberto-nisman-death/

Buenos Aires (CNN)The scandal enmeshing Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner already had a plot as twisted as a Machiavelli novel.

But this week, it contorted again, when the country's former spy chief disappeared.

Horacio Antonio Stiuso was supposed to testify Thursday about the mysterious death of a special prosecutor, who had leveled scathing accusations at Fernandez.

Authorities have not been able to find the ex-director of the Secretary of Intelligence, let alone notify him that he has been called to testify.

The President was quick to call it a suicide but changed her story a few days later. A test found no gunpowder residue on Nisman's hands, as would have been expected if he had pulled the trigger.

Fernandez's government blamed the intelligence agency for his death, and the President filed a bill for the agency to be dissolved and replaced by the new Federal Intelligence Agency.

The Senate took up debate on the bill on Wednesday. Supporters hope to have it on Fernadez's desk to sign by February 25.

And she pointed the finger at Stiuso, accusing him of feeding Nisman false information and having a hand in his death. Stiuso was using Nisman to discredit her for firing Stiuso last year, she claimed.

But Stiuso's replacement, Oscar Parrilli, reeled him back in -- not as an agent, but as a witness. On Thursday, the director said Fernandez would relieve Stiuso of his pledge of secrecy.

"The President of the nation has given us the directive and now we are going to work on preparing the authorization to relieve Mr. Stiuso of the obligation to keep secrets," Parrilli said.

Though now allowed to testify, Stiuso can't been found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom