• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Drawing-a-Day Thread

Spent two and a half hours on this, which is longer than I thought it would take, but I'm happy with how it came out.

MZ5Ts9n.png

little Vegeta doodle I made up while listening to some dbz music lol

sorry about the phone quality, I woulda touched it up in photoshop for clarity but my cintiq is like way over there -_-

vegedoodleswsu7.jpg

how draw buildings? lol This is the worst idea because I hate making architecture and I hate cars, and I hate urban environments. XD

wip of Cuban vacation with OCs

2 hours? idk
I'm sure it'll look better once I destroy everything with filters or something.
The buildings will remain crooked because I'm a great artist. lol

Haha beautiful, but atleast you're trying, I need to learn how to draw environments/cars but I'm really not looking forward to it at all...

- more face and color practice

PreFire

Here's my first submission. Just some line art, drawn on my iPad while watching Batman The Brave and the Bold on Netflix.

image_by_rell7thirty-d8mejge.jpg

I call it "Super Kent"

Gonna color it next.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";156685906]little Vegeta doodle I made up while listening to some dbz music lol

sorry about the phone quality, I woulda touched it up in photoshop for clarity but my cintiq is like way over there -_-

vegedoodleswsu7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Needs more ANGER!!!!!

jose1

This thread made me feel like drawing. First drawing I have done since art class in high school ~7 years ago. Did it with pencil and a mechanical pencil, then scanned it. Spent 5-6 hours on and off. I looked at some images on my laptop and just guesstimated drawing it. It came out a lot better than I expected haha.

Really cool.

I've actually kept up with this drawing a day thing, but it's mostly boring anatomy experiments on the physical sketchbook, so it's probably not worth it to go through the trouble of scanning them in.

Thanks, and yeah I do most anatomy stuff in my sketchbook too, as long as you're doing it everyday it's great. Try to upload when you can, every post is a good motivator for others!

-Falling in love with Steven Universe, so the fan art won't stop

Jhoan

Been a while since I posted anything in this thread even though I'm always lurking since I feel kind of shy to post stuff with the fantastic artwork people already post. Let's change that.

Who

Banned
this thread has inspired me to sketch a doodle... I haven't drawn in years... its a stupid and quick little thing but...it feels good.

I've been hard at work on that project I mentioned a few pages back (turning kids with chronic illnesses into superheroes) and this week I completed the tenth hero :) To celebrate, I made this collage of sorts featuring all ten of them:

Here's a gallery featuring each of the individual illustrations :)

Thats really freaking awesome dude. Good for you :)

LegendX48

This is actually something I did yesterday cause of how disappointed I was with that painting but I still have some missed days to make up for so here it is:

Was comparing it to something I did back in 2012 (image on right) that I remember being kinda proud of.... I remembered it looking so much better than it actually is >.>

still gotta make some adjustments to the new one though.

edit: I'm starting to feel like this is probably the best face I've ever drawn, and it was all just from imagination o_O

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I unintentionally started painting digital portraits daily, guess I can share 'em instead of just lurking this awesome thread constantly. :p

I should really be doing studies of new stuff and expanding my art horizons... but man, I like drawin' faces. Also sorry that it's mostly Dragon Age. :X

LegendX48

*sighs* I guess I'll post this...

Today I thought I'd try something different. Instead of drawing and then moving onto coloring I just skipped straight to coloring, trying to do something basically how I saw someone else do something on youtube.

I am very much ashamed of the result

gonna try to salvage it later, after I take care of a few things. Regardless, I have some days to make up for so I will post something that isn't total garbage later tonight (hopefully), until then... *smacks head on desk*

Today I thought I'd try something different. Instead of drawing and then moving onto coloring I just skipped straight to coloring, trying to do something basically how I saw someone else do something on youtube.

gonna try to salvage it later, after I take care of a few things. Regardless, I have some days to make up for so I will post something that isn't total garbage later tonight (hopefully), until then... *smacks head on desk*

I think you should just try studying perspective and figure/gestures, one of your older posts had the desire for full figure drawings too, right? Especially if you feel stuck, there are a few good and simple figure drawing tutorials, which helped me getting started, like Cubebrush's. Part 2 is the important one.

And don't be so hard on yourself man, see it for what it is, progress. Whatever you do, don't get stuck. :)

It's incredibly difficult when you first make the switch, I tried it a couple years ago and just cringe thinking about it. It just takes time and studying; color and shading knowledge being most important for this.

-some Steven Universe to get back into the daily grind

Top Bottom