• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PS4: 1080@30, Core i3/750Ti: 1080@60. How is this possible?

NastyBook

Precisely why I posted. I've lurked for years, Al.

There is legitimate discussion to be had with your OP, however, knowing your posting habits (note: no you personally) and the myriad of thinly veiled attempts at discussion in PC v Console debate, I'd say I'm right on the mark.

It is posts like yours which I have quoted that show the bias, salt, anecdotes, etc, instead of your usual thin veil of "discussion". Which is sad since you, more than most "warriors" I feel can have logical and rational discussion on most all topics but you repeatedly make jabs to steer discussion and let others play your hand for you, accepting none of the responsibility. This isn't news, which is why I called it "thinly veiled".

Everyone has bias. EVERYONE. We all have our favorite platforms but the amount of passion some people devote to constantly belittling something they claim to have no interest in fascinates me as much as it serves no purpose in honest to goodness discussion.

In short: spare me your rhetoric. You are as transparent as glass no matter how coy you believe yourself to be and with privileges being removed you are now refraining from sugar coating it.

There is a discussion to be had here and your post I quoted shows salt, not logic.

Edit: Mods, I'm not trying to back seat. Just speaking my mind.
He'll be drinking Absinthe for real to forget this drubbing.

thelastword

Banned
Maybe you should check this video: https://youtu.be/xhxT0L-imRQ?t=1m15s

Plus:
- LOD distance can be lower and still be better than PS4.
- Recording has a penalization of 4-6 fps.
- HBAO+ is on.
- GPU is not overclocked.
This is the exact same video I was referencing in the latter half of my post which I suggested you watch, as I linked to it in the dying light faceoff thread.

Several things to note, LOD was scaled down significantly on PC, what was 100% at launch is now 50% at maximum, there was also no framerate impact on the original scale with the slider at 30% and below, so as per this video, lod at 20% on this newer scale is even more moot as a performance differentiator.

What will definitely impact framerate however is the lack of Motion Blur and DOF in this i3/750 ti combo where it exists on the PS4 at very high levels, added to that; is the complete lack of any form of AA on this PC combo which puts the PS4 ahead in several many features/effects that the i3/750ti had to turn off completely.

Now that this has been established, lets look at the framerate of that PC combo with all these features turned off, it should outdo the framerate of the PS4 right? I mean it has several features disengaged after-all, the answer is still a categorical NO, so can you imagine if it had MB, DOF and AA on?

In the video the game falls below 30fps many times and remain there for several seconds in some sequences, when things get hectic and there's heavy alpha on the screen it constantly goes below 30fps.

6JBLFam.jpg

AYBXgnK.jpg

lNkTS0V.jpg

P9x2AJM.jpg

sQkFRDw.jpg

With all this stated, this says much more about the persons pushing the i3/750ti combo as comparable when it's beyond proof that it's not so. so don't fall into that trap just for warring factions. Those pushing the angle that it even outperforms the PS4 are even more disingenuous and could be termed as straight out liars.

Watch this video. The PS4 version never falls below 30fps, it is also consistently above 30fps, reaching as high 50 in the video and can reach 60fps as per NX. Relatively high framerates with a sub-vsync mode intact, I'd wager that we'd see it consistently above the 30fps cap if there was no vysnc applied at all.

Dying light received many graphical enhancements with no impact on it's framerate at all (on the PS4), we're talking the addition of many dynamic light sources, improvement to lod and much better texture filtering.

Please watch the whole video for some perspective as to what happens with console/pc development, it's really many platforms with different api's, with some tight deadlines/budget in some scenarios.

Contrasting the bolded vs. the un-bolded combined with the lowest drop below 30 FPS in that video being one time at ~28+ while still maintaining over 40 and 30 during other crowded combat

further there is nothing to indicate to me that the 750 ti combo is performing sub-par to the PS4 version (perhaps even swinging the other way).
See above for that same video you quoted.

The people touting the i3/750ti as some golden goose should really stop their campaign because it's really bad information. I'm looking at two games where you can get the i3/750ti running at 60fps/1080p at decent settings, A.I and Xenoverse, but that says nothing about the PS4 in these cases and more about the developers. I could even add a third in as well (RE-RE2) as even the xbone runs that better, which says it all frankly, but some try to be disingenuous about it all which is a bit hypocritical.

Alien Isolation, Xenoverse and Revelations 2 are all bad ports, they should all run at 1080p 60fps on the PS4, the developers messed up and we got a 30fps capped game in two cases and a less than stellar framerate in the latter even with a patch. As has been demonstrated by dying-light, If the i3/750ti combo can do 1080p 30fps on a game so can the PS4 and it can do it even better too with more effects since it's more powerful hardware. The same applies when the i3/750ti can do 1080p/60fps also.

Top Bottom