• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I'd prefer an HD remaster of the original game. Give us updated static backgrounds, character models, and modern CGI cut scenes. Leave the game play alone.

Also, I see no reason to believe that any remake is happening.

kurahador

Still half an hour left in the Sony conference. They just got through announcing a price cut and when PSVR would be available. House is on stage.
"One more thing."
*Everyone is surprised it's ending so early since they started even later than normal, but are super excited about what it could be. Suddenly,
*BOOOOM THE LAST GUARDIAN!!!*
Everyone cheers and cries. Y2Kev mysteriously disappears.
House comes back on stage.
"Just kidding. There's one more thing."
*BOOOM FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!!!*
Everyone is freaking out right now.
Kagari is super shocked.
Ducktroll comes in to assure us that consoles are still doomed in Japan.
House is on stage again.
"I lied. One more thing."
*BOOOOOOOOM. SHENMUE III!!!*
Audience is legit shaking. NeoGAF is barely holding on. House takes the stage again.
"Ok. Seriously guys. Last 'one more thing'."
*BOOOOOM AGENT!!!*
People are going crazy. A guy in the audience is having a seizure. NeoGAF is down for everyone that doesn't have GAF gold.
House walks back on stage. He's actually holding a mic you speak into this time. Technical issues?
"All avaliable this holiday season."
House drops the mic and just walks off as a montage starts playing.
The ambulance arrives to deal with the guy having the seizure and just in time too as multiple people ended up having a heart attack. GAF is down never to come back.
Sony wins E3 forever.

lmao

HIR0

I had to make this :D
hype-gif3kopp.gif

You forgot stability updates :p

Someone should update this gif
axNKKMY_460sa_v3.gif

Still half an hour left in the Sony conference. They just got through announcing a price cut and when PSVR would be available. House is on stage.
"One more thing."
*Everyone is surprised it's ending so early since they started even later than normal, but are super excited about what it could be. Suddenly,
*BOOOOM THE LAST GUARDIAN!!!*
Everyone cheers and cries. Y2Kev mysteriously disappears.
House comes back on stage.
"Just kidding. There's one more thing."
*BOOOM FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!!!*
Everyone is freaking out right now.
Kagari is super shocked.
Ducktroll comes in to assure us that consoles are still doomed in Japan.
House is on stage again.
"I lied. One more thing."
*BOOOOOOOOM. SHENMUE III!!!*
Audience is legit shaking. NeoGAF is barely holding on. House takes the stage again.
"Ok. Seriously guys. Last 'one more thing'."
*BOOOOOM AGENT!!!*
People are going crazy. A guy in the audience is having a seizure. NeoGAF is down for everyone that doesn't have GAF gold.
House walks back on stage. He's actually holding a mic you speak into this time. Technical issues?
"All avaliable this holiday season."
House drops the mic and just walks off as a montage starts playing.
The ambulance arrives to deal with the guy having the seizure and just in time too as multiple people ended up having a heart attack. GAF is down never to come back.
Sony wins E3 forever.
Missing two more "one more thing", the Crash Bandicoot one and the 299$ one.

In all seriousness, is there any reason to believe that SE's Japanese side has the capacity to take on more than two AAA projects simultaneously?

Yawnier

Banned
You shouldn't have done the the FFVII tech demo for PS3 years back, Square. All you did was implement that seed in the heads of fans of the original game.

Zukuu

Banned
Every fucking year someone pulls that shit. Stop playing with my heart. :(

Seriously, a remake that "modernizes" the game, similar to some PC mods is all I ever wanted.

Verendus last mentioned a Final Fantasy 7 spin-off was in the works. The only question is whether they'd announce that before or after an actual remake announcement.

Maxim726X

I don't see a good reason for why they wouldn't remake the damn game at this point...

It will sell. I don't know if it will be a system seller, but the game will sell.

Koozek

I've always believed Verendus, yeah, but I don't think they'll announce it this year already. They'll most likely reveal it at FFVII's 20th Anniversary in 2017 and release it around 2019.

WHO AM I KIDDING!? BELIEEEEEEVE!!!!!!!

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Those are flukes. Remember how that game originally came out. It was garbage.

And after a while you hit a wall in FFXIV. If you don't want to run dungeons you run out of stuff to do quickly because the world is so small.

t0rment

fuck off siliconera. i've been super jaded about gaming ever since that fucking troll at PSX, i'm not gonna believe in anything anymore, or get hyped about a game again.

Ishida

Banned
Yeah, who wouldn't trust Verendus.

I do, for one. I have no doubt in my mind that the guy works at Sony and is in a pretty good position to know stuff. He has been vetted, also.

However I'm CERTAIN that the remake won't be announced this year, or next year. Verendus said it was early on development. Perhaps we may get the first teases in 2017.

This seems to be a HUGE project, and Square is very busy with FFXV and KHIII at the moment. There's no way such a big undertaking will be shown so fast.

modern squeenix is utterly incapable of making an ffvii remake that isn't a total shitcake

Has there not been occasions he was hilariously wrong?

coupla times but every other alleged insider who bullshits has their account nuked into the stratosphere

somehow verendus is still here tho

I do, for one. I have no doubt in my mind that the guy works at Sony and is in a pretty good position to know stuff. He has been vetted, also.

However I'm CERTAIN that the remake won't be announced this year, or next year. Verendus said it was early on development. Perhaps we may get the first teases in 2017.

This seems to be a HUGE project, and Square is very busy with FFXV and KHIII at the moment. There's no way such a big undertaking will be shown so fast.

I don't know much about the guy, I only know that he created an explosion of Knack avatars, so he is not cool in my book.

This is probably true. I mean, I woke up today and the first thing I did was acess NeoGaf(believe), then I read this thread title and get REALLY excited, it was the feeling that this is definitely happening, not the same one when I run into rumor thread and got nothing from it, just a "yeah, right".

Believe in The Last One.

stryke

Wait, minuhuggu isn't banned ?

Why is it so easy to get vetted, unless he couldn't answer.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything. He could just be unavailable due time zones.

it doesn't matter anyway. Claims were also made about TLG and if they don't come to fruition he'll get banned nonetheless.

hemo memo

Gold Member
There is a slight possibility of this becoming real. They have been working on FFVII remake for a while now, and the port last year was actually meant to be a joke. There's no port only remake that will get announced this E3

اعتقد

Valnen

25th anniversary it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom