• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
No source has really said it is being announced at E3 TBH.

It is entirely likely that we won't see it at E3 and this will somehow turn into a disappointment, even though I believe the remake is in development.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just want FF12 HD Zodiac

Agreed. If they're FINALLY remaking FF7, I'm going to be strongly disappointed. Double so after blowing smoke up FF12 fan's asses with "buy FF10/10-2 HD to get FF12 HD!" :|

Ishida

Banned
Consoles? Not an exclusive then?

I highly, HIGHLY doubt the remake will be exclusive unless one of the companies (Sony, most likely) manages to strike a very good deal with Square, or maybe co-developing it.

But so far we only have the info of "for current gen consoles".

ConceptX

It is entirely likely that we won't see it at E3 and this will somehow turn into a disappointment, even though I believe the remake is in development.

This is something to remember, the article isn't even about E3, just a remake being "confirmed" in development.

Koozek

Verandus said it would be more than a port but less than a remake so adjust hype accordingly.
Uhm, when did he say this?
This is what he said after the FFVII PS4 port announcement in response to my asking if that troll port was what he reffered to as the real remake since 2013:

Verendus said:
"First, to get the important part out of the way, you lost the avatar bet. And yes, I was aware of a port of the PC version coming, although I did not know that last year. That's a more recent thing I learnt of a couple months ago through necessity.

And no, this isn't what I referred to a year ago. I think that should be apparent considering what I've said in the past, but let's clarify here for the last time. Firstly, for a little clarification since I haven't said this before, but the FF7 project doesn't necessarily refer to just one game. The core of it will end up being a proper home console game and that's going to be the main thing, but it's basically a visit back to the FF7 world again, and there'll likely be a few things surrounding that. A large part of their discussion is likely surrounding this point.

It may not necessarily just be games, but I don't know what it could be either. It's far too early to say and most of this stuff is in early planning stages, so I have no idea about the details for most of it. Nor am I always in a position to know. And to be fair, I don't really care about the extra stuff whatever that ends up being since I don't exactly think the original Compilation was any good. I imagine Nomura needs to be freed up before they start making any real progress with some of this stuff, although he's no stranger to juggling various works. But considering he's busy with KH3 at the moment, that's why my best guess in regards to the development timeline would be for this to kick into gear sometime after KH3 is completed. I have mentioned this point before. This last part is my assumption though. Kitase and him are basically the key people for it all.

This is obviously ignoring the massive elephant in the room, but either way, FFXV and KH3 come first since they're the priority projects at the moment. After that is when any substantial work will begin to happen with the other stuff. "

NeoXChaos

Who in the world is making this? Another announced game that years away again is horrible . They haven't even shipped XV and are working on KH3 with XVI as vaporware somewhere. How do they have time for this?

sora87

I highly, HIGHLY doubt the remake will be exclusive unless one of the companies (Sony, most likely) manages to strike a very good deal with Square, or maybe co-developing it.

But so far we only have the info of "for current gen consoles".

I think with how many projects Square has going they'd need extra resources from someone, Sony would be a perfect fit considering the lineage and connection FF7 has with them. It would be a huge undertaking though.

Yeah that's what I was thinking about, too. Even if it is in development, nothing says it'll be at E3. People are just going crazy over nothing probably lol

Koozek

Maybe the sources heard about the FFVII spin-off that is in work, too, according to Verendus' recent posts, and mistook it for the real remake. Or, yeah, they're just talking about the remake being in development, not it being announced at E3.

Parfait

After hacking both the pentagon, fort knox and finally S-E's servers i found an exclusive screenshot

Yqz3syj.jpg

brau

I believe in TLG, i believe in Shenmue 3, i believe in a lot of things. But i have trouble with this one.

Seriously... what are the chances this is true? So the PSN edition of FFVII was in hopes to get money to fund this project? lol

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
The Last Guardian was actually Final Fantasy VII all along, Trico is a new super boss.

No it's actually FFVII-2. Starts at the ending of VII, far in the future where humanity has mostly fallen. It seems like the compilation's story has all been rendered non-canon but the twist at the end is that it all happened and the boy is just Kid Cloud's consciousness sent through time by an older Cloud via the Life-stream. Game ends when Kid Cloud's consciousness travels all the way back to FFX 2.5 where he takes over Tidus' new body.

Kaizer

Banned
I want to believe, but I'm calling BULLSHIT to I'll see the proof. I WANNA SEE THE GODDAMN RECEIPTS.

If this is true then:
QfP4oLL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom