• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmr87

LTTP what are the other multiple sources besides the OP? Also poster has been verified, not banned?

Summary of all info so far, please!

Here I go again.

Siliconera said:
It's happening

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.

Poster has been verified.

Venturebeat said:

Wario64 said:

Destructoid said:

It is in my heart.

yeb1kVr.jpg

It's not coming today.
Later the year.

My heart says you're wrong, but my head says you're right.

Dang it.

You guys have hyped so much for Sony conf that it will be failure no matter what unless they delivered TLG, ShenmIII, FFVII, GT7, Crash ... all coming this holiday season. Feel bad for Sony lol

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I want to be excited but I have a feeling that a remake would take away alot of the charm of the original. I hope I'm wrong though.

I think this is a legit concern, especially since basically everything SE has touched in the franchise after FFX has had the 'charm' problem. If they remake it and it looks and feels like FFXII, I'd be devastated.

But what if DOES retain that charm in full, beautiful HD?

facelike

I will be absolutely stunned if this FFVII is real. If the rumor of them just starting this game a few months ago is true, then I don't know what is happening at SE. Seriously, after the PS3 CGI and the reactions to it followed by the epic troll from last year, they are fools for not starting this sooner. It is obvious a remake would sell.

Still don't believe it. Not sure if I would until I see a boxed game on store shelves.

A-V-B

I think this is a legit concern, especially since basically everything SE has touched in the franchise after FFX has had the 'charm' problem. If they remake it and it looks and feels like FFXII, I'd be devastated.

But what if DOES retain that charm in full, beautiful HD?

That would require a completely different style than FF7++ has had. Going for the Advent Children look will doom it from the start because that style is charmless.

Hm... wouldn't it more likely be shown at the SE conference tomorrow?

how many times must i fucking say it
if its happening its probably moneyhatted to hell and back by Sony as SE said it be expensive
so no it would appear on the conference of the people who made it exist

schlynch

KiraXD

That would require a completely different style than FF7++ has had. Going for the Advent Children look will doom it from the start because that style is charmless.

uh... what? AC style is awesome... just because its not chibi doesnt make it charmless.

Insane that, out of the blue, all these sources are coming together. Sony doing the above-mentioned triple reveal doesn't seem likely, but I'd love to see it happen. FF7 remake will at least tentpole Squeenix for some time.

Riposte

There are people on NeoGAF, right now, who think Shenmue III, Final Fantasy VII remake, and The Last Guardian will all be at Sony's conference.

Ganondorfo

Final Fantasy VII was very popular during the PS1 days, not sure if it will still sell good, because people these days don't care anymore for Jrpgs (the casual/mainstream audience). Although it could also bring a revival of the jrpg genre and everyone will wake up again and create Jrpgs again for this generation like a new Suikoden, new Legend of Dragoon, new Chrono, new Legend of Legaia, ...

fedexpeon

Banned
Is it illegal to create an account to place bids if FF7 is real or not?
Not gambling...more like a "lottery" system.
Winners will split the money from the losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom