• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Kadin

Quick tip to keep sound active when alt-tabbing (useful to hear chat replies)
I just earlier turned OFF BGM because I alt+tab when feeding my mag and need to hear my mag timer. There isn't a way to do this in-game right? Had to disable in options before starting.

N.A

Banned
I asked on the previous page, but didn't get a reply, so I'll ask again on this one:

Are we using Discord still, or did that fall apart? Do we need a TS server? I have a TS server, and don't mind sharing the details if we don't have an alternative already. I'm just looking to get on comms with y'all.

I'm not sure if others use them, personally I think text chat suits PSO's pace just fine.

Kalentan

Foxix Von

Any suggestions for the ENB running badly on my laptop? My laptop is a gaming one and can play games at fairly high end graphics, yet for this... END makes it run very slow and when ENB is enabled, I get a weird graphical glitch across the screen. D:

Hmmm. Well in the launcher settings you could try switching fog from pixel mode to emulation. I think it will disable some effects, which ones I'm not sure, but you'll probably get some better performance.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
This game likes thinking my cord keeps getting pulled for some reason >.>

I'd forgotten how painfully few characters they give ya for team names!

I feel silly for being nervous about Nano Dragon encounters lol. Like every other baddie, the PSO version are chumps. They're not the enders of lives like in PSP2/PSP2i!

Going by the guide I'm reading, I gotta pass my MAG off to another character type to be fed for it to evolve into a Sato? There's no time for that! I'll just keep it at L50 for now an do feeding stuffs once later into the game!

Been loving this these past few nights, taking me back to my DC days. I can't wait til I get a Spread Needle again. The last time I played on DC was like a year or two after its heyday and some dude PKd me and stole my spread. I was so salty that I stopped playing forever. At least now you dont drop your gun/meseta on death.

Can I still go through doors and gates with a dual saber? I got really, really good at that. There were a few other glitches and secret rooms but my mind fails me right now.

Been loving this these past few nights, taking me back to my DC days. I can't wait til I get a Spread Needle again. The last time I played on DC was like a year or two after its heyday and some dude PKd me and stole my spread. I was so salty that I stopped playing forever. At least now you dont drop your gun/meseta on death.

Can I still go through doors and gates with a dual saber? I got really, really good at that. There were a few other glitches and secret rooms but my mind fails me right now.

Hahhaa I remember the PK system, and man, I was butt-hurt when it happened to me back on DC.

And yeah, the wall/door glitch was always funny to see. Some dude crammed in a corner doing combo's at the wall.

Hahhaa I remember the PK system, and man, I was butt-hurt when it happened to me back on DC.

And yeah, the wall/door glitch was always funny to see. Some dude crammed in a corner doing combo's at the wall.

It was after Sega stopped supporting the DC, I'm pretty sure he had Action Replay or something. You weren't ever supposed to be able to PK.

Zalusithix

Added a couple of pages to the drop sheet. One is just a static table of the unique drops for a given section ID. The other is a dynamic lookup of drop uniqueness as defined by the number of section IDs that it drops for. So you can look for all drops that only fall for 3 IDs with one of them being Purplenum for example. The data that it pulls from is static, however, as generating that data required a few hundred queries. It already takes a fairly long time to fully load the sheet. Don't need to increase that time many times over. Any changes to the data powering it will have to be manually updated by me.

Theoretically these pages may not be needed at all in the future if all drops will end up with a chance by all IDs. As it stands now, however, this is what they are.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Welp there you go GAF I finally manage to test a Quest Reward on this server and it works:

Desktop%208-15-2015%205-09-34%20PM-788.png

The question is do you guys want a video or text guide? Because I did record the footage just in case.

xBladeM6x

I feel silly for being nervous about Nano Dragon encounters lol. Like every other baddie, the PSO version are chumps. They're not the enders of lives like in PSP2/PSP2i!
Oh, man. Someone who understands. These little bastards in PSP2i are unbelievably scary when you see them, especially if they are buffed in any sense. If they're triple buffed (white aura) just give up. Lol

Tip for everyone who might not know!

The Tekker can ALWAYS tek ???? Weapons and rare weapons at 10% HIGHER than listed values.

For example, if I find a ???? Partisan with 20% Native and 20% Machine, I can guaranteed Tek it at 30/0/30/0. Do this! Especially for rare weapons! It only takes an extra minute and a miniscule amount of Meseta, but something that is 40/45/40/0 (like a partisan weapon I found last night) will be MUCH more useful tekked at the accurate 50/55/50/0 than it will at a possible 30/35/30/0.

Par Score

Hard cleared through the third boss of Ep 1 and Ep 2, damn I love the Gal Gryphon fight!

Ready for Hard Falz I think, should be able to barely tank that Grants.

Kadin

Leveling my FOnewearl (Shanara) is just painful. I forgot how slow it goes in the beginning. I know it pays off later but man on man, just so slooow. To everyone who's wasted moons on me, I'm sorry. LOL.

edit: And yeah I'm working on my Mind Mag before anyone suggest that, heh

Zalusithix

I killed Dragon HM enough times to level from 35 to 42... And not a single special weapon. FML.

Should have a 1/16 chance of a Musashi drop. Of course, the RNG can be evil when it wants.

On a somewhat related note, I added a page to list drops by monster. Previously it was geared for looking up drop rates of particular items regardless of what dropped them. The new page can tell you what an individual monster can drop, and the chance for it.

FatalT

Banned
I played a lot today and went from level 25 when I started to level 40. This game is such a blast! The only special weapons I've gotten so far are the VARISTA. Silly handgun! I'd rather have a good rifle or shot!

I just checked and that was like 6-7 straight hours of playing, jeebus.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
How to obtain:Kan'ei Tsuho,Lollipop, and Stealth Suit
* The quest mention below can be found under the Side Story Section in One Player Mode
* The number of Photon Tickets you receive at the end of the quest depends on the Difficulty you play it in:You get 1 Photon Ticket in Normal Mode and Hard Mode and you get 2 Photon Tickets in Very Hard Mode and Ultimate Mode
* For detail information on the prizes click the names Kan'ei Tsuho, Lollipop

Final Quest: Gallon's Plan
The quest if fairly simple and linear you go through Forest 1 and Forest 2 and you find a Rappy's Egg but at the end of the quest Gallons Assistant will ask you if you can give her the egg instead
tell her yes and you will then head back to Gallon, he will then give you some Photon Ticket(s) depending on what Difficulty you played the quest
then if you go near the bank you will spot Hopkins who will want your Photon Tickets
you can trade them for 3 different prizes:
* Kan'ei Tsuho Cost 10 Photon Tickets
* Lollipop Cost 15 Photon Tickets
* Stealth Suit 20 Photon Tickets
Simply repeat the quest to get more tickets until you get what you want

Yes I used some old screenshots since I didn't feel like making and uploading/hosting new ones.

I played a lot today and went from level 25 when I started to level 40. This game is such a blast! The only special weapons I've gotten so far are the VARISTA. Silly handgun! I'd rather have a good rifle or shot!

I just checked and that was like 6-7 straight hours of playing, jeebus.

Pfffft amateur. I was 22 yesterday, and I'm 50 now.
I may be developing an addiction, I think

Add me, we can be PSO Junkies together.

MAXTE, I don't know who you are, but man, we just got rekt by Falz. Good TTF runs tho.

So I'm reaching the point in where I am strong enough to either go back to the forest and do it in hard mode or continue into later normal mode zones. What should I do?

Also, what is the point of the principle quests?

Indignate

So I'm reaching the point in where I am strong enough to either go back to the forest and do it in hard mode or continue into later normal mode zones. What should I do?

Also, what is the point of the principle quests?

Do the first thing.

Principal/Gov quest are the online story mode quest. Furthering those unlocks more one player mode Hunter Guild story mode quest.

Kadin

Were you using the bank? If you got booted then, that's a known glitch right now.
I was in Forest with someone and he froze on my screen then I dc'd. Something local, couldn't connect my X1 either but reset my stuff and all appears to be good. For the moment.

Were you using the bank? If you got booted then, that's a known glitch right now.

No, he was about to fight the dragon with me, and poof; vanished.

Edit: I waited around a good 5+ min to see if you'd return, didn't see you so I ganked the dragon, and logged.

Kadin

No, he was about to fight the dragon with me, and poof; vanished.

Edit: I waited around a good 5+ min to see if you'd return, didn't see you so I ganked the dragon, and logged.
Yeah sorry about that. Just completely died on me. Was good running with ya if only for a short while.

My video card went and died on me and thanks to the canadian dollar I cant afford anything worth actually buying so Im out for the forseeable future :(

Xion_Stellar

Are all the single player missions available? I dont see any past gran squall.

I could be wrong but I believe you have to go activate the Ruins Tower in Forest 2 and Caves 2 for the next set of quests starting with "Addicting Food" to appear.

N.A

Banned
Processed all last night's PMs.
Resend if I missed you!

My video card went and died on me and thanks to the canadian dollar I cant afford anything worth actually buying so Im out for the forseeable future :(

It should work on integrated graphics on anything semi-recent.

Top Bottom