• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

DarkKyo

WVW69iY-licC8zbtpD

Probably a dumb question, but how do you find this screen? I can only go between my saved courses and the editor.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I tried to do a baby bowser boss fight. So far it is only a concept and only the fight. Please try it, any feedback is welcome: The key to winning is good platforming skills. The dificulty propably is medium - hard, although more on the medium side. It can get hectic, but it is designed fair.

4775-0000-003C-6760 (Baby Bowser Fight (V. 1.0))

WVW69iY7ibAgdzo4uC

I played it and I gave it a star, however it wasn't entirely clear to me where I was supposed to go. I cleared it on my second attempt by
getting hit by the Koopa, going through the gap on the right and bouncing up and over the level using the cannons.
I have no idea if this is what I was supposed to do.

Lutherian

Here's my first three levels. I'm learning a lot of things here and there and I learned a lot from watching the level design of the SMB series (Learning Curve is a perfect example of this). There's one thing I love to make : multiple paths.

Sure they're far from being perfect but I like what I did and I hope to unlock all tiles / functions to make a very special level.

Learning Curve (1-1) :
ID : F261-0000-0035-EC48

I believe Akim Fly (1-2) :
ID : 373A-0000-0038-D057

Kamek's Vinewood (1-3) :
ID : 2736-0000-003B-C18C

Extra :
A level from Simbabbad I absolutly recommand you to play :
WVW69iYwzjwH2Q74oo

y cant metroid shoot? - Tourian
ID : 6343-0000-0036-FE7F

So, now I need to take a great breath and search for your levels in this topic :).

m0t0k1

Probably done before but i remade the final level of Chip N Dale for the NES. But instead of fat cat you get to fight bowser. Hope you guys like it.

WVW69iY-PeUG3r5BD4

(BF2F-0000-003D-7CF6)

Xhorder

I made this one last night. I wanted to use the bombs in a creative way and I think I succeeded. First you have to learn to jump on a spring, then use bombs to clear the way, then some more jumping and in the end you have to combine the bomb and jump skills.

Also I think about five 1ups are hidden and an there is an alternative path in the last sub world.

Super Bomberman Bros
80D8-0000-0038-82E3
WVW69iYzYqIrPUB3qk

(I wanted to name it Mr Driller Bros... but I figured the bombs might make it more like Bomberman... I dunno.. maybe I had to call it Super Minecraft Bros)

Great game, but i can't help but feel disappointed about a few....pretty standard things that should have been in.

Where are the slopes from Super Mario World? Why can we only choose one level from each game? I mean where's the forest level from SMW for example? Or how about desert, snow stages from games like Mario Bros U? The many different enemies and items from each game, example those baseball guys from SMW or the spiked fish. The ability to rotate pipes and have Mario shot out of them. Or the ability to place water, so we can make our own ponds and rivers in non underwater levels.

There is a lot missing. Personally i see little to no reason to not include it. :(

Hasney

Trying this once more still no plays yet :p

Would love to have some people try out my first stage!

It's called Hot Hot Lava! And it's fairly difficult took me quite a few tries to get it uploaded but it is fair!

Would love to get some feedback and some plays! Gimme a like if you enjoy it and some feedback to let me know what direction to take with it!

0378-0000-003A-8823

P0tQ0Ln.jpg

If you play mine Leave some feedback here or in game please star and I will play yours when I'm home from work!

So I found this a little too tough. I like a hard level, but the spinning flames end up making it a little random. Like the one on the blue skulls goes so fast that the spinning flames at that point mean it could be randomly too difficult if they're out of sync. I like the continuity though with the theme and there's a lot of great ideas in it. That flying turtle jump was intense!

BashNasty

I always put twice as many mushrooms as I think are needed, as most people seem to skip a stage after they die once.

Yep, remember, our levels are not Nintendo's levels, very few people are going to give them a real chance.

Unless a level strikes me as particularly well designed from the get go, I typically skip after one or two deaths too.

Of course, that's what makes this thread nice.

Oidisco

Question, what sounds better for a level name

Forgotten Fortress
The Forgotten Fortress

I'm all about the little details and I can't decide if adding "The" makes it a better name.

I've added my level to the Super Mario Maker form, and I'll try to go down the spreadsheet over the course of the week. In case anyone wouldn't mind trying, my level is the following:

My first level with a clear design and intent. It's pretty difficult for me but doable. I think I will make more changes to this level in the future, but I'll post the rough draft version for now. Let me know what you think!

Fire, Thwomps, Flying Things
4CCE-0000-0035-9AF6

The main enemies are flying thwomps and lava bubbles. Flying thwomps will eventually fly left or right, so you need to keep moving, but they can help you hit high blocks. There are a few blocks that contain enemies though, so watch out for that!

There are 2 1-Ups somewhere in the level (will add a 3rd in a future update) and there's also an alternate route to finishing the level.

Gsnap

Great game, but i can't help but feel disappointed about a few....pretty standard things that should have been in.

Where are the slopes from Super Mario World? Why can we only choose one level from each game? I mean where's the forest level from SMW for example? Or how about desert, snow stages from games like Mario Bros U? The many different enemies and items from each game, example those baseball guys from SMW or the spiked fish. The ability to rotate pipes and have Mario shot out of them. Or the ability to place water, so we can make our own ponds and rivers in non underwater levels.

There is a lot missing. Personally i see little to no reason to not include it. :(

There is a lot missing. But that's because Mario games have soooooo much stuff in them to begin with. Consider how long it took this game to come out, and then consider how much longer we'd have to wait if they were to include everything (if it would even be possible).

Yeah, it's possible to include a few more things, and it's possible that certain things might come with DLC. But there will always be something missing. So be realistic. What we got is pretty great.

Hasney

New level after finally unlocking Super Mario World and the Sound FX packages. First stage that actually feels polished. Let me know what you think.

King Boo's Castle
WVW69iY-Engf8VrGKs

8F0D-0000-003D-6567

I really enjoyed this, parts of it felt like a proper ghost level like (failing the obvious jump failure spoiler)
landing on the drybones from the fail door to hitting the invisible 1up

Only 2 criticisms, one is so minor and I blame the game more than anything, that laughing sound isn't great used anywhere. Why they couldn't have the proper Boo laugh is beyond me. Other one is the drop after going through the correct door seems a little unfair to just drop them into blind enemies.

Other than that, had a blast with this one!

Can someone just please play this?

It's Super Mario Bros. 3. There's a theme. It's sort of Metroid-style. It took hours. No real tricks, not too hard, some nice secrets in the form of 1-ups.

9LyrfnL.png

edit: revised a bit based on comments.

Firstly, I loved the outside of the house and the way it rewarded me for exploring and taking a leap of faith. The atmosphere of the outside is great and feels like a haunted house should.

Then I got really frustrated in the Piranha Plant room as I died lots of times (maybe I'm just crap at this room) - I kept hitting the first plant and/or getting hit by a fireball when climbing. After that however, it was a fun, well designed level.

One thing I would say is that it's a very fine line between frustrating and challenging and the plant room nearly did it for me. Overall though, a great effort!

goldenpp72

Hey guys, I spent some hours yesterday and this morning tinkering with this level. It's not the most elaborate design, I just tried a lot to try and prevent people from breaking the intended design, so feel free to try and poke holes in it or, just enjoy hopefully. The level is more gimmicky than the last couple I made since I was experimenting with the new stuff, but the theme of the level is if you would like to rescue a Yoshi or go without him, there are a couple little secrets and such laced around with not so subtle hints at times.

Feel free to make any critiques or comments, haven't gotten a lot of attention on any of my stuff but, even if this wasn't my best level it was probably the hardest one to make, probably went through 3 versions before I settled on this one :p It's my Birthday so I might not spend much time tinkering with the game today but i've had a fun time making stuff.

5653-0000-003D-B9C8
yoshi-large.jpg

Nohar

Gotta remember the average player has trouble running. Watching my friend play was pretty much "oh ya.. I'm not a normal person"

Pretty much. I made a family member play a few levels which I thought were easy. Turns out that they don't know how to run, and died several times on easy to avoid enemies.

RagnarokX

Uploaded another level:
T4dkzIE.jpg

¿1-1?

(87CE-0000-003D-BCE8)

A faithful tile by tile recreation of 1-1 from SMB... upsidedown. The clouds in 1-1 have been replaced with cloud blocks.

Also be sure to check out my other course:

Boo's Plumbing Nightmare (4569-0000-0038-8CF2)

Uploaded another level:
[IM G]http://i.imgur.com/T4dkzIE.jpg[/IMG]

¿1-1?

(87CE-0000-003D-BCE8)

A faithful tile by tile recreation of 1-1 from SMB... upsidedown. The clouds in 1-1 have been replaced with cloud blocks.

Hah, I posted about this earlier...someone I know at another forum did this too, but put in paratroopas to make it playable instead.

Anyone else feels desmotivated after creating levels and see how quickly they get buried between the thousands of levels being uploaded at the same time? :( It's a good thing we have the OT to share them but yeah. A tag system on course world would be nice...

edit: Damn, top page :(
Nah. It's just fun to create. I don't need any validation from stars or whatever. Just enjoy the game.

Zero148

I played it and I gave it a star, however it wasn't entirely clear to me where I was supposed to go. I cleared it on my second attempt by
getting hit by the Koopa, going through the gap on the right and bouncing up and over the level using the cannons.
I have no idea if this is what I was supposed to do.

thanks for your feedback, you were supposed to run to the gap as big Mario und duck to slide down to the fight. I made a huge oversight by ignoring the fact you could just jump to the goal (during the creating process I had the level longer, so you couldn't jump there). Using the bullet bills to climb was the indended way to reach Bowser Jr. though.

You were supposed to hit t Bowser Jr. three times and fly with the clown copter to the goal.

I'm going to fix it with a few tweeks (make it clearer were to go at the start, and I will make overjumping the level impossible).

I suppose you were the only one, who beat it until now, so I will answer your comment here: The Boo was intended as an increasing dificulty during the fight (the koopa shell opens the cannon) and the boo is the only enemy, that doesn't get killed by the koopa shells from Bowser Jr. Initially I wanted the cannon to shoot goombas, but the level killed them.

I will post a new code for the level in a few minutes, I would appreciate if you give it another shot and give some feedback :)

Robin64

It's a fantastic idea but actually comes out really quite difficult. You might consider making concessions with the difficulty so that everyone can just enjoy the theme because it deserves that.

Hasney

Just finished my first level. Pretty happy with it! I'd love to get some thoughts, or maybe tell me if certain parts are too difficult. I'd say it's mid difficulty.

WVW69iY9U2M_dlMIAl

Hull Haunt
(A059-0000-003C-FEC6)

This was really fun. Challenging, but not stupid anywhere apart from one part... Can you actually make it past the double saws without getting hit? I might just suck, but even a short press jump wasn't enough to clear it.

This is the longest one I played too, shame there's no checkpoints in the game since you get a little buggered if you make one mistake. But enjoyed it overall!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Here's the 9th level I uploaded

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhnPfag6w

"Caduta, automatico e frenesia"
ID: D66A-0000-003D-A26D

Brief description - This is more of an experiment, considering the other levels I made so far. It contains falling sequences, two auto-play parts and two(or three?) "classic" gameplay parts. I wanted to see what I could achieve with falling and auto-playing sections, in case I could use them as parts of other levels. There are two paths that can be followed once you reach the 4th falling section. There are numbers and letters indicating the part of the level you're in. It's an experiment, so I'll accept feedbacks about each section gladly, even more than usual.

Also, here's all the other levels I created so far

"Tante vie, una bandiera"
ID: 9142-0000-0013-47B2

"Sottosopra o sottosotto?"
ID: 661F-0000-0013-DF3F

"Una breve ma intensa nuotata"
ID: 7150D-0000-0014-BE0A

"Insidie del castello"
ID: 37FB-0000-001F-4F62

"Gusci veloci, all'aperto"
ID: 4DB8-0000-0021-10EC

"Ora si sale, ora si scende"
ID: 2C4B-0000-0025-57B3

"Fantasmatico"
ID: 0502-0000-002E-694E

"Vie multiple nella nave volante"
ID: 7435-0000-0037-3A28

WVW69iY89c0YW06Wtg

I Keep Having the Same Nightmare (8016-0000-003C-D144)

Ahahaha, I really enjoyed making this level. Amazing how time flies with this game.

I starred it. It didn't amaze me in terms of what there was to do in the level but I appreciate the design and I like the non-uniform nature of the ceilings and floors. In summary, I'd say quite fun, good aesthetically. Solid design, nothing unfair. Quite easy though.

jholmes

No new level yet, so I'll toss my oldies up for a new day:

The Spring's the Thing (just the basic tileset): F6DA-0000-0016-3AD4
Big Trouble: 3B43-0000-0016-FFC2
Shell Shock (the TMNT homage level): 0CCD-0000-001D-9748
Buzzy's Cavern: D2D2-0000-0026-9161
Mole Mountain: 2AB6-0000-002D-182F
Wiggler's Red-Hot Fortress: 92AB-0000-0032-4720

Question, what sounds better for a level name

Forgotten Fortress
The Forgotten Fortress

I'm all about the little details and I can't decide if adding "The" makes it a better name.

For sure, leave the definite article in.

Nintenleo

I liked GHAS! Interesting and much fairer play on the shrooms kill you gimmick, where you alternate between needing them and not, and you don't have to start from the start of you falter. The design could be a bit neater and more streamlined in places, but otherwise good job! Very fun.

Thanks man, I'll play your levels as soon as possible ;)

I'll build a new version of that level soon, my stages look so much better now than three days ago :D

Ninja Dom

This was pretty good but really only a third of a level. Expand on this concept and it'll be great! I think maybe try and spend longer on one single course and see how your creativity and choices evolve by expanding it rather than only churning out bites sized unrelated concepts.

Alright, thanks for the feedback. I've extended it and made a full level. It could be my best level yet!!

Hello, Captain Falcon

0BD4-0000-003D-D225

WVW69iY-5PkCDYZMEy

Hasney

A "normal" SMW stage, tried to focus on traditional stage design:
3138-0000-003D-A0BC

It has a few challenges but everyone should be able to finish it without a problem.

Yeah, that's pretty traditional. No complaints, although the thwomp came outta nowhere... Think the blocks should have flagged it to me, but I didn't click!

octopiggy

I'm just going post this one last time since for anyone who missed it:

WarioWare, Inc. - 2B43-0000-0038-3F06

People seemed to enjoy it when I posted it earlier and I figured most people would have been asleep/at work/school then.

Some of my other courses. (I'd also recommend the original version of "Why Can't Mario Crawl?" - 643B-0000-001A-0F89 and the newest version of "Death From Above!" - 9543-0000-003A-3A9D)

NotLiquid

YUfK9K5.jpg

Shellgrinder Scrimmage
(2056-0000-003D-D80E)

I spent part of yesterday and most of today on this map and I really had a lot of fun with this one. I'm pretty proud of what I did with it and I actually found it pretty challenging to go through.

Also one or two secrets to be found.

One of my levels got buried and I honestly think I did a pretty decent job so I'm shamelessly reposting

Wii_U_screenshot_TV_018_DD.jpg

I finally finished a half decent under water level (I hope)
Any feedback is much appreciated, I did spend a while on it.

My other levels if your so inclined, I've had some good words from gaffers on these

Hold Jump To Bounce off Enemies!
(56D5-0000-0034-56CF)
Level where you can almost never touch the ground and must bounce and wall jump to make it through

Flamin' Walls? Follow The Coins!
(A9A4-0000-0019-2255)
Mostly me playing with the wall jump ablility.

PSqueak

Banned

People seemed to enjoy it when I posted it earlier and I figured most people would have been asleep/at work/school then.

Some of my other courses. (I'd also recommend the original version of "Why Can't Mario Crawl?" - 643B-0000-001A-0F89 and the newest version of "Death From Above!" - 9543-0000-003A-3A9D)

Played this one last night, taking the chance now to tell you it's a very good one and really captures the spirit of wario ware, and you even put the clear jingle in it!

E-E-Excellent!

Roo

Been working on different levels the last few days. Here's the newest one. Not too hard at first glance but perfect timing and never letting the run button go will be key for this level.
Hope you guys enjoy :)

-Run for Your Life
-Difficulty: medium/Hard
-Super Mario World
-ID: 922A-0000-003D-DD5C
wiiu_screenshot_gamep91ovl.jpg

1up

Reposting for Feedback,

Mad dash!

WVW69iYUsPAlAVeudD

(523E-0000-0028-0887)

and

Queen Anne's Revenge

WVW69iYpfTg8akmdfh

(0DDB-0000-0033-D8DB)

Hasney

Ha, this is awesome.

My first level:
Jumpin' Breakin'
A1E6-0000-003D-A1A4

Haven't unlocked many items so I just stick with the basic tools. Pretty simple moderate easy level with multiple way to beat. You can speedrun it in 19 second, with the other way it would take a bit longer but still challenging.

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Top Bottom