• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

I really wish you couldn't take his cloud in SMB1 & SMB3 style. It's difficult to utilize him without also breaking the stage unless you just build an almost completely flat stage that prevents you from ever reaching him.

One solution to this is one way blocks, although this obviously requires an environment where they won't look too strange or cause other gameplay problems

Does a level have to "end" on same sub-area that the level starts?
Unfortunately, yes.

Ever since you've been able to swipe Lakitu's Cloud his stages have tended to become weak links in the series, especially noticeable in the NSMB series where all his stages have to be flat and plain while always having a few "hidden" spots in the sky, I sighed every time I heard his cloud whirring in.
That and his projectiles go from completely inaccurate to damn near lock on depending on random chance. There's cool stuff you can make him do in Mario Maker but you pretty much have to section him off or bring him in near the end of stage.

Really the only Lakitu stage I can say I genuinely like is the one in SMW where he dangles a 1up from a fishing rod and collecting it begins the spiny barrage.

Zekes!

Here's a couple simple stages I made today and yesterday:

Mario's New Shoes
CF75-0000-005A-0881
WVW69iaHvQA7iWnkrn

A simple platforming level feat. Kuribo's Shoe(s)

Escape the Ice Lair
84CF-0000-0051-8C75
WVW69iZx4kUro0UGd5

In this one you play as a courageous hero as he tries to make it through an ice-themed castle.

IceMarker

The secret is to skip levels a lot. You will eventually come across something poorly designed enough to be easily broken and beaten (anything with Lakitu!) or something that just hasn't been played often enough to get its completion up higher.

Don't forget to check for invisible blocks at the start of those really enemy packed levels.

Gvitor

I've decided to not even bother trying the 100 Mario Challenge on expert.

I lost 60 something lives on the first three levels alone because 3/4 of them were just enemy/stupid jumping spam.

That really sucks, because lots of great levels are getting placed in Expert (I assume) because few people play them and even less complete. I have an extremely easy level (you can basically die in only one place) that is sitting at a 20% clear rate because people don't bother retrying after a death.

I wish the game was better at filtering levels. Stuff like "best levels of the day" instead of only Weekly/All-time would be great (seriously, where's daily and monthly? (even though it still hasn't been a month since the game came out) ).

And you can't even see past the 50th place in the rankings.

Meohsix

I found a pretty cool little thing I'm not too sure many people have figured out.
I made a little 3 room (with a shortcut if you find it) level to show it off (it's at the end)

Now you see it, now you don't!
06BC-0000-005A-32FC

if you put a Magikoopa behind the flag pole he'll make it disappear and it won't come back until you beat him.

tribal24

Banned
Just created my new level with more unlocked stuff. This one is based on Super Mario World please check it out.

Castle Hassle:

8C9D-0000-005A-4801

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
That really sucks, because lots of great levels are getting placed in Expert (I assume) because few people play them and even less complete. I have an extremely easy level (you can basically die in only one place) that is sitting at a 20% clear rate because people don't bother retrying after a death.

I wish the game was better at filtering levels. Stuff like "best levels of the day" instead of only Weekly/All-time would be great (seriously, where's daily and monthly? (even though it still hasn't been a month since the game came out) ).

And you can't even see past the 50th place in the rankings.

I wish people could 1-10 rate levels and/or give the level keywords, even if they came from a predetermined list.

Star or no star means nothing to me. I'd must rather see that 100 people thought this level was a 6.7 or something.

Chopper

Reposting for new page:

1-1, A Bit of Fun!

ID: 1BFC-0000-0059-FF42

mMEOnoH.jpg

I finally unlocked all the tools, and celebrated by spending the evening constructing a 1-1 to be proud of. Not hard, but not too simplistic, and including a few classic Mario tropes, it's worth playing a couple of times and having a proper good explore. There are a couple of cool secrets. I'm quite proud of this one.

Can you find
the shortcut to the end?

A new level I just made, getting slightly more difficult than I've been doing so far but still not too bad, I think.

Slidesmash Stronghold

BEC8-0000-005A-3972

tumblr_nv04teH7Lm1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

Mostly wanted to explore more fun with tracks, using this concept I had before release:

And I also wanted to finally make a real level using the Super Mario World tileset.

Really curious to see what the completion rate is on this. I feel like I made it a little harder than usual but I guess we'll see. I've got an obsession with trying to be fair to the player. :p

Grizzo

I'm having so much fun with this game! It's a shame they didn't think to implement chekpoints though.

Also I would have loved to see more bosses characters like King Boo, Birdo and Wart (even though all of them are taken from other games in the series). They did after all managed to put Bowser Jr in all four game style which is pretty cool.

Decided to take a break from MGS5 to try and force a bit of thought into what my next level will be. I was wanting to do an underground Mines level for awhile but didn't have the tools until now, so that's what I made:

Long Neglected Mining Cavern : 49A8-0000-005A-4E4C

9iLMure.jpg

This level goes back to avoiding enemies and attacks, but is longer than my levels usually are thanks to now having sub-levels, so there are three powerup pickups instead of the usual one or two I usually put in to account for the length. I worked on this on and off all day to figure out the general layout and make sure the gameplay wasn't too cramped, so I hope people can enjoy it.

Previous levels I've made:
4E90-0000-003F-918E - Moving Parts May Be Present, moving platform and conveyer belt puzzle level (warning, low completion rate)
039D-0000-0035-25F7 - Balcony, ghost mansion level (not a door maze)
0150-0000-0030-7F09 - Misty Docks, undead themed level
2B71-0000-0027-A12F - "Into the Heart", level where you descend into a Bowser castle
0415-0000-0021-2DBA - Cheep Cheep spam level
2D77-0000-0019-BF96 - Piranha Plants on bounce springs level

acejaxx

Neo Member
Fun, died on the last jump. Had to stop playing but I'll finish it later and give you a star. Love speed running levels.
Thanks! So is difficulty ok? It's currently sitting at 192 plays with 0 clears, so I was wondering if I should adjust the difficulty...

4170-0000-0053-762D

My first Mario Maker level I made (I'm making two others but I still need to wait for Warp Pipes to be unlocked to finish them). Since it was my first one I couldn't help but go overboard and make it a pretty evil stage. But I put a lot of thought into it, and there's multiple ways to get around several parts of the stage.

Neoweee

I'm having so much fun with this game! It's a shame they didn't think to implement chekpoints though.

Also I would have loved to see more bosses characters like King Boo, Birdo and Wart (even though all of them are taken from other games in the series). They did after all managed to put Bowser Jr in all four game style which is pretty cool.

They likely thought of it, but didn't do it because you'd have to clear the level twice if you used them (once from the start, once from a start at the checkpoint).

Teknoman

A new level I just made, getting slightly more difficult than I've been doing so far but still not too bad, I think.

Slidesmash Stronghold

BEC8-0000-005A-3972

tumblr_nv04teH7Lm1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

Mostly wanted to explore more fun with tracks, using this concept I had before release:

And I also wanted to finally make a real level using the Super Mario World tileset.

Really curious to see what the completion rate is on this. I feel like I made it a little harder than usual but I guess we'll see. I've got an obsession with trying to be fair to the player. :p

I think you've finally solved the problem of not having the giant smashy things from world as an object.

I have completed the first of probably many Firebar Mazes!

Roll Up, Roll Up!

4 People have tried with 18 Attempts altogether: None have survived!

12052465_10203970415614884_1951117485038739775_o.jpg

Code is in the picture

Also, try a level my friend made if you got the time: F203-0000-0058-E061

...Also, some stars would be nice as I want to maybe want to upload more levels some time.

I was the first to conquer it ;)
When you said maze that was not what I was expecting. That was way cooler than I even imagined. You actually killed it. Super impressed.

This is the level I was working on yesterday. Give it a try :)

Ice Bridge To Eternity
C01F-0000-0059-2F20

R00bot

I played it. Its a really cool idea. Only really have 2 comments. The first is there should be some sort of way to tell when you are in a new room. Its really confusing in the sense that I get the rooms are repeating but you don't feel any sense of progression because everything is the exact same. Its just sorta, room 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 oh its over. The other thing is that when you come to the room with the giant thwomp the jump to the pipe is so damn tight. Holy shit I failed it (the jump not dying) as big mario 3 times. Just move the pipe up or the question blocks down a space or two. Starred it.

Agreed the pipe jump is tight, just couldn't move the pipe up because of the ceiling, and if I moved the blocks down it would have made it too easy to find them.

As for the rooms not changing, that was kinda the idea, but there were actually 4-5 changes per room (all of the blocks generally had something different in them, doors lead to different places, bob ombs replaced galoombas, there were even a few rooms with secret pipe exits if you took a hit instead of using the star in one of the other rooms). The idea was that the player would think they were in the same room, then start noticing small changes like that and be like thank god I'm not actually crazy.

I think you've finally solved the problem of not having the giant smashy things from world as an object.

I hope it's close enough. :p One problem is that the smashers work a lot better horizontally than they do vertically...blocks join the tracks better to make roughly even distribution, so you end up with less blocks overlapping other blocks. You can see how the first vertical one in the level is kind of weird.

Plus if the player gets to move very far horizontally at all, it "reloads" the tracks when they get offscreen. You'll see in the level how one of the vertical smashers is pretty much always offset, but you can go through the pipe and come back to see how it's suppose to be.

That's why most of the level is in vertical strips, so the tracks don't reset.

MouldyK

I was the first to conquer it ;)
When you said maze that was not what I was expecting. That was way cooler than I even imagined. You actually killed it. Super impressed.

I know, it's not much of a Maze, but it started out as one! Before I just felt like navigating through Firebars was more fun and difficult.

And you though that was cool, just wait until Firebar Maze 2: Flames of Liberty (A clear Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty Reference). ;D

And the Remake of the first level in the NSMB-Engine: Twin Flames. Where, like MGS: Twin Snakes for Gamecube, it ruins the flow of the game. This time before the NSMB Wall-Slide makes some sections easier, while some are made hard in my opinion. :D

This is the level I was working on yesterday. Give it a try :)

Ice Bridge To Eternity
C01F-0000-0059-2F20

Loved the Hidden Leaf. I saw the Mini-Game which was like Mario 3, but only the end-pipe. :D

Gave you a Follow to see what's next!

Kriken

0GhLSDz.png

I've been thinking about my submission for a while, I hope this is a decent idea for an underutilized mechanic

WVW69iaI5V0xp3t4lf

Kuribo's Shoe 1-1

Course ID: B6B9-0000-005A-7C62

The basic gimmick behind this level is an introduction to Kuribo's Shoe, I threw in a small side path that will lead to a free 1-up and ensured that the user will end the stage with a shoe

Thud

I've been thinking about my submission for a while, I hope this is a decent idea for an underutilized mechanic

Kuribo's Shoe 1-1

Course ID: B6B9-0000-005A-7C62

The basic gimmick behind this level is an introduction to Kuribo's Shoe, I threw in a small side path that will lead to a free 1-up and ensured that the user will end the stage with a shoe

Nice, I will definitely try this one. Working on a goomba stage with both shoe and stiletto mechanics.

japtor

Got SMB3 and the airship stuff and started on this level. Worked on it long enough that I had everything unlocked by the time I finished, good thing cause I needed the sub world.

Bowser's B-Team Airship Armada

FC69-0000-0055-96F7

568.jpg

Managed to run into the enemy limit on the main world without spamming anything, then ran into the block limit on the sub world cause I was filling space with blocks (manual camera control would’ve been really nice). It’s big (max length) with a lot of little secret/bonus areas spread around but ignoring all that stuff it shouldn’t take too long to run through the level.

DaBoss

Gx3KYEc.jpg

Mysterious Mansion
F917-0000-005A-9237

Made a "Ghost House" level. The reason I put quotes is that you don't have to face any enemies at all. You just have to navigate through the level. There are four 1-Ups to find throughout the level.

And if you finish with Tanooki Mario, then you found a secret lol.
Seen at imgur: "when Mario Maker hits too close to home"

qVeKRVd.jpg
lol

The two clounds on the top-right look like they are wearing glasses or something.

BiggNife

I've decided to not even bother trying the 100 Mario Challenge on expert.

I lost 60 something lives on the first three levels alone because 3/4 of them were just enemy/stupid jumping spam.
9 out of 10 levels on expert on terrible (even if you skip a lot) and you don't get any bonus reward for beating it on expert

Just do 100MC on Normal instead, you're far more likely to get decent levels

9 out of 10 levels on expert on terrible (even if you skip a lot) and you don't get any bonus reward for beating it on expert

Eventually the game will tell you you've unlocked all the amiibo costumes you can from easy and normal, I believe. I've already hit the limit for easy.

Nia

I ended up setting up a boss too difficult for me to defeat...what have I done. I'm going to have to do some serious adjusting.

I don't know if this has been discussed, but has anyone else discovered that Kamek/Magikoopa can make the goal pole disappear, rendering a level unbeatable?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

Submission for the SMM-GAF Community Contest #1

Neo Super Mario Bros. W1-1
EC81-0000-0059-CE01

Youtube playthrough

tutorial01.png

World 1-1 should be a basic introduction of the series' game mechanics to completely new players, yet also a demonstration of some new mechanics of this particular game so that veterans can have a taste of what to expect. With that in mind, I've designed my level in SMB1 style with the following considerations, and I'm going to go into excruciating detail because I feel that many seasoned veterans take 1-1 style stages for granted:

This theoretical game is a direct sequel to the original Super Mario Bros. and, as such, sticks mostly to the same basic tool set, eschewing (for now, anyway) the vast majority of additions to come in the later sequels. All of the tiles that this level uses are tiles that can be found in Super Mario Bros., and the vast majority of them are those that are found in W1-1 of the original game. There are only a very few, deliberate exceptions, and those will be detailed later in this post. Finally, not only does this stage stick largely to the same pool of objects used in SMB 1-1, but it even follows similar spacing conventions: The bottom two rows are ground blocks (which are never used in any rows above that), mid-level platforms are 4 blocks above ground, and top-level platforms are 8 blocks above ground.

The opening area of this stage follows the same basic principle as SMB 1-1: The Goomba is easy to avoid, and the Super Mushroom is easy to catch. There's a full screen length of blank space at the start, giving you plenty of room to maneuver around the Goomba. No matter what order you approach the ? Blocks in this section, you have to move left a little bit to hit all of them, forcing you to scroll the screen to the left, which is a new addition. The Super Mushroom is also likely to fall down the gap, bounce off the pipe and return leftward, teaching you a little bit about how the Mushroom behaves (just like SMB1), but once again, the longer platform here is more likely to force you to scroll the screen leftward so that you can catch it.

The first pipe is 2 blocks high. The second is 3 blocks. The third is 4 blocks. This teaches you that you have to hold the jump button in order to clear some obstacles. Four blocks is the maximum height you can jump without first obtaining a running start. (FYI: All objectives in this stage, save one which will be discussed later, can be completed without the use of the run button. On the flip side, this stage is also possible to clear while holding the run button the entire time without ever hitting an obstacle that obstructs you and slows you down.)

The first Koopa Troopa is placed here, and his use is very deliberate. The original SMB 1-1 only used one Koopa Troopa in the entire stage; all of the remaining enemies were Goombas. That particular Koopa Troopa was used to demonstrate that he can be kicked and that a kicked shell will mow down other Goombas. This Koopa Troopa is placed here to serve the same purpose...

...as well as demonstrate:

- Goombas can now be stacked multiple levels high
- a kicked shell will bounce back and forth between hard blocks (something that SMB3 1-1 also demonstrates)
- knocking out enough Goobas in succession will award you a 1-UP

In this area, it can be moderately challenging for a new player to fit through the gap to reach the mid-air platform, but it's easy to hit blocks from below. Doing so demonstrates that Goombas can be defeated in this way, as well as demonstrate that items can be bounced from below and routed around some obstructions. (This is one of the very first things that Lost Levels 1-1 teaches you as well.) This works whether you are small Mario or Super Mario, and this particular Super Mushroom will fall to the bottom area for easy pick-up regardless of whether it's bounced out of the platform or falls through a gap. This mushroom is also provided to the player at this particular part because it's likely that he has taken damage from the previous group of Goombas if he had been blindly running full-throttle through the stage up to this point.

And by encouraging the player to stop at this area to take care of the Goomba and Super Mushroom, he should also notice that the ? Blocks at the top level are not symmetrical. There appears to be a "missing" block. Jumping here will reveal a hidden 1-UP, teaching the player that there are hidden blocks/items and that secrets (sometimes) have visual indicators guiding you toward them. I think this goes a step beyond SMB1 1-1, which obscured its hidden 1-UP in a more "random" location. This particular hidden block is also placed above two separate levels of bricks. Even if you break the top level, you can still reach the 1-UP by jumping from the middle level. Just like the Super Mushroom, the 1-UP will not travel far and will give the player ample time to retrieve it.

(This stage also allots 400 seconds to the player to clear it, plenty of time to play at a leisurely pace and inspect every facet. This is also the same time limit of SMB1's first stage.)

Only two bottomless pits are used in this stage, and there are no other obstacles compounding them. If you happen to be using the top route in this area, you won't be able to see the pits due to the way Mario Maker pans the screen upward (another feature new to this theoretical game, btw). Even so, the brick platform is long enough so that the player is unlikely to unexpectedly fall into either pit from above should he happen to drop. Even if you run and drop from the top-left platform in this screenshot, you'll safely land on the middle platform between the pits at the bottom, giving you just enough time to react and jump over the 2nd pit.

This small, minor bonus room has an entrance just barely large enough for Super Mario to enter, and he needs to either (1) barely tap the jump button or (2) bounce off of the Goombas in order to fit into the gap. Either of those methods to enter this small passageway teaches the player a new use of existing game mechanics. In this room, you also discover that mushroom platforms can be passed through from below but not from above.

This area shows an (apparently) inaccessible bottom section. Even if you've been checking every pipe up until now, you haven't yet found one that you can enter. There also hasn't been any secret paths via invisible blocks yet, either. We'll get back to this in a moment. In the meantime, the ? Block here provides the third and final Super Mushroom. This should also have taught the player another new mechanic of this game by now: Even though you're already Super Mario, the next power-up you encounter can still be a Super Mushroom. You aren't guaranteed a Fire Flower.

(Most Goombas in this stage, by the way, come in pairs, and each pair has identical spacing. By the end of the stage, the player should become skilled at bouncing from one Goomba onto the next because he's had ample time to practice on the same pattern with the same timing. You are also likely to bounce from Goomba to Goomba here and hit the ? Block on the second bounce, which is a moderately fun combo action. Furthermore, the vast majority of enemies in this stage are Goombas. Any enemy that is not a Goomba has been placed in this stage for a very specific, deliberate purpose; the first level should primarily use simple enemies, and any other enemy present in this course should be placed there for a good reason.)

The two Pirhanha Plants on the right here are the only two you'll find in this entire stage. The Multi-Coin Block is placed here specifically to stop the player in his tracks for a few seconds, giving him enough time to actually see the Piranha Plants spawn. This is very useful because Piranha Plants have awkward timing in Super Mario Maker! This block is also the first brick used in this stage that actually contains an item, teaching the player that items don't necessarily have to be in ? Blocks. (The first multi-coin block in SMB1 served the same function.)

Up next is the flagpole... but wait! There's no way to reach the top! There's a mushroom platform above, but no obvious way to reach it. No hidden blocks here, either. But if you stop and examine your surroundings, you'll see that the second pipe extends downward...

Take the pipe to enter a secret sub-area. Again, same principle as the hidden 1-UP: Secrets should (sometimes) have visual indicators that the player should look for! The NSMB series is particularly good about using this principle, and we can still employ it as designers ourselves even when sticking to only the original SMB1 tools!

The sub-area consists of a single bonus room with two ? Blocks and is entered from the right pipe. One ? Block is on the ground and currently inaccessible. The one above Mario contains a Koopa Troopa, the final of two Troopas used in this stage, and he's also here for a very deliberate purpose. "What kind of sick, troll-ass game hides enemies in ? Blocks?!", you ask, which brings me to my next design principle: The player should never be discouraged from exploring, and secrets should always be either helpful or at least neutral. This Koopa Troopa is actually used to hit the other ? Block, revealing the Fire Flower and demonstrating a few more things:

- Objects contained in ? Blocks can still be helpful even if they happen to be enemies. (new mechanic)
- Kicked shells can open ? Blocks.
- Kicked shells can break bricks, but they cannot break ? Blocks.
- Fire Flowers can be obtained whether you're already Super Mario or not! (new mechanic)

That last point needs to be expanded upon a little more. Because this new game breaks previous Mario power-up conventions (no progressive power-up system), there are a few more considerations for the designer and the player. In this stage, three Super Mushrooms were given out relatively freely, but the sole Fire Flower was hidden behind a (simple, introductory level) puzzle, which brings me to my next design principle: Either powerful items should be given out only when they're required, or they should demand a little more work of the player to reveal them so that their reward scales accordingly to effort.

You exit through the pipe to the left, spitting you back out at that earlier, previously inaccessible area. Again, this demonstrates that right-to-left movement is occasionally used and suggests that this game may be a little more exploration-based than the original Super Mario Bros. Destroying these bricks reveals a vine...

...which can be climbed to reach another secret area with several coins. Another new mechanic: stages can be more than 1-screen in height. (I also want to point out that coins have been used sparingly so far, just like SMB1. The standalone coins have been placed in bonus areas, and only one multi-coin block has been used in the stage as a teaching tool. All of the remaining coins have been obtained from ? Blocks, and they haven't been used very liberally.)

The coins in this bonus area also follow a deliberate path. This pattern is repeated twice: once without a gap and once with a gap, so you can fail at the first pattern without falling to the area below. In order to obtain all of the coins and cross the gap in one fell swoop, you must run at full speed. (However, there is a few blocks' worth of leeway, so perfect timing is not also required.) This is the one and only part of the stage that requires the use of the run button, and it's in an optional bonus area that uses a coin trail to teach it. So, not only do you put the run button to use for the first time, the player is also taught to use coins as a guide, something that later games in the series emphasize a lot. If the player fails at this jump, he'll drop to the area below. The area directly under the left part of this gap is where the Piranha Plants are located, but the player is unlikely to land right on top of them so long as he has any rightward momentum at all. Finally, by placing the one and only segment that requires the use of the run button immediately after the acquisition of a Fire Flower, the player should also notice that pressing the run button shoots fireballs.

The end of the bonus area drops you onto the mushroom platform. From here, and now knowing how to run, hitting the top of the flagpole is easy. That's a wrap! :)

One more point: This stage can be cleared by running at full speed the entire time. IMO, early stages should be speedrun-friendly. If you attempt this, you are likely to bounce off of this Goomba totem pictured here and just barely reach the top platform. Doing this teaches another new mechanic: You can get a high bounce off of enemies by holding the jump button. Remember that this actually didn't exist in SMB1. The high bounce was introduced in Lost Levels, but it wasn't until Super Mario Bros. 3 that it started to resemble the jumping mechanics that we have today. As a bonus, you are also likely to reveal the hidden 1-UP by jumping at full speed from the end of this platform.

That's all. I have to say that it was really fun to deconstruct the original SMB 1-1, examine the purpose for every element of the stage, and reconstruct it to teach not only the same principles, but also some new ones provided by Mario Maker. The cool thing is that even if you stick to just the original SMB 1-1 tools, you'll still have new possibilities to tackle just from the new physics and scrolling behavior, so it's not too hard to make a fresh take on the introductory level concept with the exact same tool set.

One more thing: I made sure that, if you happen to have this stage loaded on the title screen, the first Goomba is one block too far to spawn on screen and kill Mario. The first level of the game should not obstruct the title screen music from completing! :)

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Alright you guys. I've made a full stage called Flappy Mario ! Obviously inspired by Flappy Bird, haha. The main stage isn't very hard to clear, however, I encourage you guys to try to find all the secrets in this stage. 100 total coins up to grab and 3 1Up mushrooms all up for grab !

Hint:
Check one of the pipes, something about it look odd, doesn't it ?

C6CA-0000-005A-B5AD

Please do give feedbacks if you have a chance to play the stage ! I spent quite a few hours working on it and I hope it satisfies all sorts of platforming itches Mario players have ;) Once again, I know you guys are all Mario pros here, so try to look for the secret stuff. The main stage is easy by design because it's supposed to be referencing Flappy Bird. The secret stuff is as close to a typical Mario stage as it can be, so please give it a go !

12004067_10156188502425393_6970811789854188595_n.jpg

After doing over 230 courses and recording videos for NeoGaf and other place I thought it was time to put on my builder hat again. This is my most complete course in terms of items and using the full map of the level you can choose. My past courses are smaller and has less items in them. The course is well designed and carefully crafted to use each of the items well and not just randomly placed.

"Castle of Nightmares" is a medium to hard course where you will to bide your time and take a good look around before making your move. There's a couple hidden eggs so to speak too. If I can complete it then most people can. I hope you enjoy it and all the little extras I have crammed into it.

Giving this a bump. It's had great reviews so far and people have said it plays like a real Mario level.

Dimmle

WVW69iaI7voCJ3GyAE

Waluigi's BIG Adventure:
6A9E-0000-005A-8036

I'm a bit of a Waluigi fan (he's the everyman of the Mario universe) and have had this concept rolling around in my head for the last week. I have to mention Waluigi's Unbearable Existence for being a superb execution on a similar concept that arrived slightly earlier but I think the two
meditations on Waluigi's fragile psyche
arrive a distinct conclusions.

Have a blast and remember to jump on platforms and collect coins for points!

RagnarokX

My latest course:

Color-Coded Cavern (EFA7-0000-0059-B58E)

C96AbcT.jpg

lWVdG4o.jpg

fr1p4Lh.jpg

hjjdUz0.jpg

A continuation of Garden Garrison (B8EA-0000-004B-81DE). Mario takes the elevator found in the fortress he infiltrated to find an enormous cavern. The creatures within have adapted to the differently colored walls the cavern features.

Top Bottom