• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

TaKeRx

Well, I just heard about their drag mode... very disappointed indeed. I guess It's back to Nurburgring Nordschleife again... :lol .
:(

Blimblim said:
Took a bit longer than 30 minutes, power breakers issue at work :p
Anyway, here you get a full replay of Rally di Positano in a Fiat 500, some drag racing (I so don't get this) and a full lap around the Nürburgring in 2 parts (with a few rewinds removed badly during editing). All at 60 fps except the replay of course.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_3_videos_day_2-8649_en.html
The new Ring is so damn good. Certainly on par with GT4 as far as accuracy is concerned. It obviously looks much better though. Super impressed.

Thanks for the vids, Blim. Nice work.

shinnn

10xyosm.gif

BlimBlim: we need moar replay videos :D

eso76

AMUSIX said:
though eso brings up another area of disappointment. For months I asked if photos can be taken from outside the track, and the only response I ever got were shots taken from outside the barriers. Now, it seems that we're confined to the boundaries.

it was just an assumption on my side, but seeing as there's stuff in those pics you can only do with the debug version of the game i think it's a safe assumption.

Going that far from track boundaries will expose parts of the scenery that wasn't modeled

saladine1

The countdown sequence before take off is absolutely ridiculous!
How is a split second enough time to hold a certain rev especially for drag racing?

I mean, we now know that the models are clearly swapped before take off and i believe the countdown sequence was introduced to sort of 'hide' that transition.
But c'mon....at least drop that sequence for drag mode......please for **** sake!

Hawk SE

Is there anyone that post a video of the Drag Race from start to finish (even the count down thing everyone is all up in arms about?)

sneaky77

op_ivy said:
thank you. that, or the reverse of it, looks like an early front runner for best forza 3 track. cant wait to tt it for hours on end :)

I like the amalfi long track too, looked like a great long track as well.

Is the Fujimi Kaido a track, or just different point to point races that never connect into a full loop?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Are there any good steering wheel holder things? I don't have a good table or desk to clamp it to and hate having it in my lap.

sneaky77

Brandon F said:
Are there any good steering wheel holder things? I don't have a good table or desk to clamp it to and hate having it in my lap.

Someone posted a stand a bit back in the thread, it seemed pretty cool for $150

DuckRacer

AMUSIX said:
though eso brings up another area of disappointment. For months I asked if photos can be taken from outside the track, and the only response I ever got were shots taken from outside the barriers. Now, it seems that we're confined to the boundaries. And can't have the camera at a height of over 2 meters. And can't shoot from inside the car.
Really disappointing.

Yoritomo

Brandon F said:

I'm just going to buy an adjustable steel sawhorse for 20 bucks. I enjoy drifting with my wheels and doing so with full force feedback on can be quite a chore on the lighter wheel stands.

Has anyone heard anything new from fanatec on shipping, manufacturing, and when the second batch will be ready?

What I don't get is the sheer arrogance of it all. We've been getting these photomode shots for ages now. We've been told how much photomode has been improved and how it'll be a great addition. We've seen shots from very good angles.

Now we get something very different from what's been shown and talked about this whole time! Is there a "they'll get over it..." mentality they seem to have? That's all I can draw from this. It's not like they knew last week on what photomode for the end user will actually mean yet at no point did they go and say "hey, these shots we've been providing are through our devs stuff only. You guys will have a different photomode in the retail copy"

I want a clear explanation on not only what we're getting but mindset behind this. I think someone really needs to understand the simple concept of "underpromise and overdeliver."

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Spasm said:
Looks perfect for me, as I don't want a big, cumbersome, full seat. How's the stability on that thing? Looks top-heavy. I imagine I'd be chasing it around the living room.
It's surprisingly stable. The base is quite heavy, with rubber on all four corners so it doesn't move at all.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I'm on the road right now and haven't had a chance to hop onto forums until now. Photomode compression is the way it is purely due to conservative estimates for bandwidth and peak user numbers around the launch window. With more filesharing and big WMV video exports than we've ever done before, we just want to make sure our servers don't fall over in November, etc. That said, I'm talking to the team about the possibility of changing compression specs later on when we've seen some numbers and have a good idea of our server situation. Totally understand the sentiments re: photomode as it's a feature that's near and dear to my heart, but it's really just a numbers game at this point.

Keikoku

Banned
chespace said:
I'm on the road right now and haven't had a chance to hop onto forums until now. Photomode compression is the way it is purely due to conservative estimates for bandwidth and peak user numbers around the launch window. With more filesharing and big WMV video exports than we've ever done before, we just want to make sure our servers don't fall over in November, etc. That said, I'm talking to the team about the possibility of changing compression specs later on when we've seen some numbers and have a good idea of our server situation. Totally understand the sentiments re: photomode as it's a feature that's near and dear to my heart, but it's really just a numbers game at this point.

Just ask MS for better servers. :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Spasm said:
Looks perfect for me, as I don't want a big, cumbersome, full seat. How's the stability on that thing? Looks top-heavy. I imagine I'd be chasing it around the living room.

if you are really concerned about stability, check out the fanatec rennsport wheel stand.
http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=220&lang

i ordered one, but havent received it yet, but its supposed to be more sturdy then the wheel stand pro, but at the cost of the amount of adjustments you can do to the set up.

Fanatec-RennSport-g.jpg

sneaky77

chespace said:

that sounds like a horrible excuse to me to be honest.. and is a feature I am not even gonna use.

chespace said:
All this would have been solved if we were able to export straight to usb drives. I just don't get the full reason behind this. Disappointing would be putting it mildly. I guess nothing really surprises me anymore with this game. Shame.

Dural

chespace said:

Then allow us to export to a flash drive.

ShapeGSX

chespace said:

Thumbs up for being up front about this. I'm sure that after the launch passes that the number of photo and video users will subside somewhat and that the compression can be adjusted.

So I gather that this is a network configurable setting, similar to how you will be watching popular game modes and adding them to the multiplayer game modes? If so, that is wonderful news.

chespace said:

So why didn't just use the same compression for your screenshots? or atleast let us know/give us a comparison on what photomode is able to accomplish and what we'll be limited to due to compression?

skyfinch

Blimblim said:
Took a bit longer than 30 minutes, power breakers issue at work :p
Anyway, here you get a full replay of Rally di Positano in a Fiat 500, some drag racing (I so don't get this) and a full lap around the Nürburgring in 2 parts (with a few rewinds removed badly during editing). All at 60 fps except the replay of course.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_3_videos_day_2-8649_en.html

Maybe the best replay I've seen in a long time. A few stinky camera angles still present, but overall it's a big improvement.

Top Bottom