• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

Alx

I'd rather they just gimme my real outlook calendar lol. I could really use the notifications whilst gaming.

Yeah hopefully the full calendar app comes with Cortana when it's available. It would be much easier to add reminders when talking to the console than go fish for my phone wherever it is.
Also add a countdown app for cooking eggs in the morning. "Hey Cortana, soft boiled please..." :p

Tall Paul

Hmmm...now it seems that to has been improved I may run sky back through it but I've been enjoying streaming to SP3 when the tv is being used recently, wish there was a way to split system resource but that's quite a big ask, I'm amazed no HDMI CEC has been added yet considering that Kinect is not sold with the console as much yet tv is still pushed as a function.

watership

No one else having Plex issues? App loads fine, but will not connect to my server. Worked right before the upgrade last night, and stopped right after.

The latest patch got stuck at applying update, so I unplugged.

Now my Xbox won't boot and is stuck at the green "XBOX ONE" screen with the three dots.

Is there a way to fix this or do I have to ship this thing out now? :/

Edit: Nevermind, it finally booted. Just took a very long time. Phew.

So I guess that means the super slow-mo choppy video bug get fixed? I haven't tried in a couple of builds.
I realize my Plex app itself (on my Mac) hadn't been updated, while my Xbox One was completely up to date.

Just updated Plex on this computer, will check soon if that now borks it or not.

...but up until today, I have experience no bugs of any kind with Plex on the new dashboard.

Syriel

Telling people to LMGTFY may be snarky, but it's rather off point in this regard as Xbox 360 games will be making their way to the Xbox One store.

Store pages exist for all of the BC games, as do game hub pages. The same as any retail game.

The "complication" that was referred to in the tweet is most likely XBO -> 360 entitlements. If something is already purchased on the 360 there is an existing license migration path to the XBO. There was no "reverse" path as one was not needed before BC.

Justinh

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I love the new full page achievements "page."
vpPg9Az.jpg
- white balance is way off, that bar is supposed to be purple, but I cbf

I love that you can just browse your games and even though when you select one it just takes you the that game's game hub's achievement tab, you can press B to go back to this page.
I'm pretty sure this wasn't in here like...a week ago.

edit: I should've started some other games for just a second. I play games other than shooters, too!

mcrommert

Banned
Really annoying thing and i haven't gotten any traction on if they will fix it...on original dashboard you could see the members of a party before you joined it...you can do the same thing on the win 10 app...why not here?

etta

my hard graphic balls
When are they going to fix GameDVR? Not only is it slow and clunky as hell, but it doesn't even show the captures saved on the console.
It also doesn't show the complete cloud collection.

Lima

Really annoying thing and i haven't gotten any traction on if they will fix it...on original dashboard you could see the members of a party before you joined it...you can do the same thing on the win 10 app...why not here?

It will be part of the monthly updates. I guess we will see it added back in in December already. It just won't make launch.

shanafan

When are they going to fix GameDVR? Not only is it slow and clunky as hell, but it doesn't even show the captures saved on the console.

I see your avatar is already for the holiday season ;)

malfcn

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I love the new full page achievements "page."
- white balance is way off, that bar is supposed to be purple, but I cbf

I love that you can just browse your games and even though when you select one it just takes you the that game's game hub's achievement tab, you can press B to go back to this page.
I'm pretty sure this wasn't in here like...a week ago.

It was my hope. Mcc broke achievements, and now that page fixes them.

Is it exactly the same? I love this feature on PS4 but I don't use it at all on Xbox because it takes soooo long to load anything...

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yes, it's ridiculous. PS4 is built right in, feels like a file browser, nothing fancy, it's fast and snappy, no need to load anything. On XBO it's like you're rendering a file browser with fancy elements from the cloud on DSL via FTP. And the stuff doesn't even load properly.
For fucks sake.

ozprime

Yes, it's ridiculous. PS4 is built right in, feels like a file browser, nothing fancy, it's fast and snappy, no need to load anything. On XBO it's like you're rendering a file browser with fancy elements from the cloud on DSL via FTP. And the stuff doesn't even load properly.
For fucks sake.

I don't want to be one of those people who say "this needs to be like it is on PS4" for everything, but for this it definitely does. Always recording 5-15 mins without manually having to toggle it on. Better clip management and organization. Hopefully that stuff comes later after they get the dashboard redesign fully completed and working.

watership

For fucks sake.

Loading is a thing for xbox one it seems. The amount of time i see that circular loading icon is annoying. I don't know if it's a limitation on the design they chose, or it's just whomever the mastermind of the code flow and decides how system integration works.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Loading is a thing for xbox one it seems. The amount of time i see that circular loading icon is annoying. I don't know if it's a limitation on the design they chose, or it's just whomever the mastermind of the code flow and decides how system integration works.
I think it just goes back to that 3 OS setup. Since the Windows OS can't run the games, maybe it has limited access to resources. PS4 OS can run games and everything else, so it doesn't have any constraints.
I'm really worried that it will be like this for the rest of the generation, unless they build another OS based on Windows that also runs the games like the Game OS does now. But that would probably be incredibly difficult, and would mess with the performance of games.

Skullface

Christ, I really hope there's a new update tonight. My console has been unusable for 4 days now. I can get it to work for an hour, stop using it, and then it's back to hard reboots to get it up and going again. I'm getting really tired of this.

etta

my hard graphic balls
When looking at clips on someone's profile, is that showing all of their clips or just some of them? I honestly can't tell.
On Xbox.com it's all good, all my stuff is showing. But on the console I'm not seeing any of the saved captures and I'm only seeing some of the unsaved cloud captures.
Also I can't save anything from the cloud because it says I've reached the save limit, but I can't go to delete anything because nothing is showing up. Frustrating as hell.

Anyone have any issues with Windows 10 streaming recently? It won't allow me to turn on my Xbox one from my windows 10 of Xbox app. However, if the Xbox is on I can connect to it from the Xbox app.

Not sure what's going on. This wasn't a problem before.

I set a static ip on my Xbox to see if that would help and entered those details into my router with the MAC address. No luck.

Kssio_Aug

For fucks sake.

I have to agree with that. I love how many features XB1 system has and I love how snap center works (specially now). But other than the Guide, it seems almost everything else is way too clunky even in this new dash!

Everything takes a long time to load, and as you said "Game DVR" app is ridiculously slow and bugged. They definitely need to redesign their main apps! The system is faster now, but with so many functionalities behind them it doesn't mean much at the end of the day if they keep being that clunky mess...

While some people say they want a new XB for the new hardware, I'd say I want one so they can redesign their operational system entirely, delivering something more solid. Something as stable as PS4 system with the XB1 functionalities would be pretty awesome.

At this point it seems to me the structure behind the OS was a messy idea overall, maybe with all those changes they forced themselves after people complaints at the start of this generation brought those results today. It's like a system trying to be something it wasn't originally designed for.

I still like the system overall though. But indeed it feels like it could have been much better and stable.

I have to agree with that. I love how many features XB1 system has and I love how snap center works (specially now). But other than the Guide, it seems almost everything else is way too clunky even in this new dash!

Everything takes a long time to load, and as you said "Game DVR" app is ridiculously slow and bugged. They definitely need to redesign their main apps! The system is faster now, but with so many functionalities behind them it doesn't mean much at the end of the day if they keep being that clunky mess...

While some people say they want a new XB for the new hardware, I'd say I want one so they can redesign their operational system entirely, delivering something more solid. Something as stable as PS4 system with the XB1 functionalities would be pretty awesome.

At this point it seems to me the structure behind the OS was a messy idea overall, maybe with all those changes they forced themselves after people complaints at the start of this generation brought those results today. It's like a system trying to be something it wasn't originally designed for.

I still like the system overall though. But indeed it feels like it could have been much better and stable.

This will never* happen now that they are on x64 hardware and finally on the unified kernel. Not only does it make sense for them to continue to build on what they have, and there isn't really any limitations software wise building on the "OneCore" kernel aka Windows 10, but starting over with an OS has been a mistake consoles have made for generations: takes years for feature parity with the old OS, makes backwards compatibility messy if even possible, etc.

In my opinion XNOE is a big improvement over the current dash, which I do think is a bad user experience, even though it has some nice features and capabilities. It's certainly far from perfect in this November release though, and they will continue to make feature updates on a regular basis. I gotta assume that redoing the Game DVR app has gotta be pretty high on the list, it's pretty bad right now.

*foreseeable future

Top Bottom