• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half of the stages for this event don't have bosses, is this is a growing trend? Can't remember any other event since I started playing (Forbidden Treasure) being this light on encounters.

It's also giving an insane amount of greater growth eggs even before if you already have Squall/Zell

Nohar

By the way: Squall got his RM2. He can only unlock it in FFVIII dungeons. So take him with you, otherwise you won't be able to get his RM3 quickly when he gets his MC2.

By the way: Squall got his RM2. He can only unlock it in FFVIII dungeons. So take him with you, otherwise you won't be able to get his RM3 quickly when he gets his MC2.
If you fail to get it in the event you can go and do the Selphie and Quitis bonus quests (didn't we do these a few days ago?) as those are FFVIII dungeons and classic difficulty so not so pricey on stamina.

Razmos

The FFV boss rush has to be the least fun one in the games history so far.

Byblos spams AoE attacks, uses counter protect to drag the fight out, and absorbs every element except fire, and you are forced to bring 2 other elements along for the other medal conditions.

Sand Worm... I don't need to explain why sandworm is bullshit.

The cannon at least is pretty tame, but Archaeoavis... are you absolutely kidding me. That thing at the end of a boss rush when most people are already nearly out of abilities? what a joke.

Even fighting it at the end of the elites, it afflicted my party with sap and then killed them all with Maelstrom for the lulz.

Also do not put the Innocence RM on your retaliator, as they sometimes counter with a self heal instead of attack :/

Razmos

Had to reset on Archaeoavis because he killed like 3 of my party on his final form.

Reset it, did much better, but then he used Maelstrom on Sazh and only Sazh who was inflicted with Sap and was just about to use Boon. Then he paralyzed my healer.
Fuck that boss with the hardest spikiest object imaginable.

EDIT: AHA and then I ran out Retaliate uses and my only attacks left are lightning abilities which do 0 damage to the boss. EURRGHHHHHHHH

Don't get me wrong, I find that boss challenging and interesting.. on its own. But putting it at the end of an already annoying and gimmicky boss rush is just absolutely unfair

So I did a 3 pull and didn't get any FF8 gear but I did get a 3rd Kaiser Knuckle (13) and combined it into a 5*++. I trade that among all fist users except tifa and Josef who I have 4*+ and 5*+ native weapons for.

Valus

Did a 11 pull and while I didn't do nearly as good as some of the posts here, the one 5 star I got was CT. Now I just need to unlock Squall lol.

Red Mage

Half of the stages for this event don't have bosses, is this is a growing trend? Can't remember any other event since I started playing (Forbidden Treasure) being this light on encounters.

A lot of the Japanese ones are this way. It makes it easier on new players, I believe.

The FFV boss rush has to be the least fun one in the games history so far.

Byblos spams AoE attacks, uses counter protect to drag the fight out, and absorbs every element except fire, and you are forced to bring 2 other elements along for the other medal conditions.

Sand Worm... I don't need to explain why sandworm is bullshit.

The cannon at least is pretty tame, but Archaeoavis... are you absolutely kidding me. That thing at the end of a boss rush when most people are already nearly out of abilities? what a joke.

Even fighting it at the end of the elites, it afflicted my party with sap and then killed them all with Maelstrom for the lulz.

Also do not put the Innocence RM on your retaliator, as they sometimes counter with a self heal instead of attack :/

It seemed more intimidating than it ended up being, at least for me. I brought Sahz as RW and used both charges on the first and second bosses.

Bylbos was pretty obnoxious, I basically poked him with my two melee guys while my mage with Firaja burned him out. He goes down pretty easily to 5-6 Firajas, you just have to hope you don't get Magic Hammer'd to oblivion. For Sand Worm, it's basically all about patience and a bit of luck, but other than Gravity he's pretty tame. Wave Cannon is all about bursting him down, so as long as you don't get too many bad rolls on the missile launch, he should be okay. Archeoaevis can actually be neutered pretty well with Silence. It stops Wing Gale, Blaze, and Maelstrom. When you get to his fourth form, make sure your Silenga caster is on standby, then wipe him out and immediately cast Silenga. If it sticks, you'll take out 25% of his attacks and prevent him from wiping out your Sapped guys.

Also, pro-tip if you really don't like Gravity & Missile spam from bosses 2 & 3, Celes' Runic absorbs both of them. Go HAM on Bylbos and use waves 2 & 3 to recharge with Runic. You can even poke holes intentionally for this purpose.

I super luvked out on the boss rush. I did not bring silence, and I was doing okay on the final boss final revive...till he did malstorm and killed two people. Gilgamesh had my death sythe, and he was retaliating for my team. The boss had near full life, then death proced and he died.

I only got novice, so I was really worried I would have to do the whole fight over, but I got mastery anyway! Super happy.

Valus

Almost done with the event, Squall still hasn't dropped his RM2. I really hate how this is handled

Can't you just keep redoing the easiest dungeon in the event for 2 stamina per round until you get it? Doesn't seem all that bad.

Can't you just keep redoing the easiest dungeon in the event for 2 stamina per round until you get it? Doesn't seem all that bad.

You can, but it's still random I've still not gotten Garnet's rm2 despite using her for every ff9 event and dungeon since she launched...

On the flip side almost every other rm2 has dropped after only 2-3 battles.

MrDaravon

5th 11 pull with no relics. I got 3 4*'s again on this pull (3rd time in a row I think), 2 of the 3 were the same FFXII Hammer I got from the 100 gem pull yesterday.

Morale is dangerously low boys

Edit: Welp, doesn't look like I'm getting Gilgamesh's MC; I just simply do not have FFV characters, levels, items or synergy at all. And I don't have the the orbs to create Death as it reccomends. Between this and getting shafted for weeks now on 11 pulls I'm incredibly frustrated as a newer player, I feel like I'm just completely spinning my wheels and not making progress at all. I can't craft higher level skills, I'm not getting relics, and all of my pulls/drops are drowning in FFVI/FFXII stuff; and I haven't even unlocked FFXII in Classic Dungeons yet lol.

Is that the Archaeovis? Silencega/Silence Buster is brilliant - you can use Iai Strike or Pressure Point instead too! Post your setup and maybe we can try help.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
5th 11 pull with no relics. I got 3 4*'s again on this pull (3rd time in a row I think), 2 of the 3 were the same FFXII Hammer I got from the 100 gem pull yesterday.

Morale is dangerously low boys

Edit: Welp, doesn't look like I'm getting Gilgamesh's MC; I just simply do not have FFV characters, levels, items or synergy at all. And I don't have the the orbs to create Death as it reccomends. Between this and getting shafted for weeks now on 11 pulls I'm incredibly frustrated as a newer player, I feel like I'm just completely spinning my wheels and not making progress at all. I can't craft higher level skills, I'm not getting relics, and all of my pulls/drops are drowning in FFVI/FFXII stuff; and I haven't even unlocked FFXII in Classic Dungeons yet lol.

Welcome to FFRK. :p

Honestly, find some people who have Advance and just use the retaliate strategy. Also use gems to refresh ability uses/health if you have to.

Good thing I checked online beforehand. It turns out that unlike previous encounters with Seifer the Lunatic Pandora one is immune to sleep. The official website calls this version the Seifer (Gunblade of the Sorceress).

Also it was really weird seeing the Seifer (Galbadia Garden) version mention Squall in dialogue then proceed to use Demon Slice against the Seifer I have in my party. Whyareyouhittingyourself?

Finally, apparently the Squall RM2 was supposed to appear ages ago hence why it has the not seen in months condition of FFVIII dungeons only.

MrDaravon

Is that the Archaeovis? Silencega/Silence Buster is brilliant - you can use Iai Strike or Pressure Point instead too! Post your setup and maybe we can try help.

Welcome to FFRK. :p

Honestly, find some people who have Advance and just use the retaliate strategy. Also use gems to refresh ability uses/health if you have to.

I took screenshots of my characters (that are above level ~25 at least), inventory etc here: http://imgur.com/a/u6fQ4

I'd been meaning to do that for a while anyway since I feel like I'm playing the game wrong or something. I just did a big inventory cleanup right before taking the shots as well (ignore what items it says are equipped and the current party etc). I have FFV armor and weapons, but at least according to the Inventory Optimizer site even with RS they wouldn't beat some of my other natural 4/5* stuff, and that would also be assuming they were maxed out which most of them aren't (only one or two pieces of the FFV armor beat out anything for me for with RS right now). I could dump like all of my growth eggs into getting some combination of the FFV characters up to like 35ish if nothing else I guess?

Aside from this specific issue though I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels in that I still can't Master daily dungeons on Heroic; I can sometimes, sometimes beat them but usually just barely depending. Then reddit and other places are implying that within 2-3 weeks you should have Ruinga and what not but I still don't have the orbs to make that either and I've been playing for about a month now. Outside of maybe getting RNG screwed by armor/weapon drops should I just be focusing more on running Heroic dailies for orbs, is my problem more just lacking skills/hones? Also I know that the people recommend getting the Summoner and BM RM's, but I'm not even far enough in the classic dungeons to have access to the Summoner one, and I have access to the BM Elite Dungeon I need but not sure I could pull it off right now. My plan is to swap in BM and Summoner once I get my next other party members to 50 so I at least have them ready for that. My next (and only) Classic Dungeon available is FFVI Mt. Zozo, and I've knocked out pretty much all of the easy/BS normal quests (I'm at 112/156) and the only characters I'm missing right now from Bonus Quests are Sephiroth, Tifa and Sabin (also technically Selphie and Quisitis, but I got them from the special daily quests the last few days).

I think I'm kinda getting screwed by relic pulls but also my priorities are off maybe?

I'd suggest all this mythril you're using on random weapon pulls should go towards doing stamina refreshes for more runs of the various orb dailies and exp dailies of whatever the hardest difficulty you can do even if it's only 1 stage. Doing one stage of heroic of + where you rely on a friend summon to clear 2 of the 3 stages and then one last stage of whatever your best abilities are on your strongest character can help you get orbs and exp you need to get the better abilities. RS equipment is important, but having high level characters and more ability usage goes a lot farther.

Falk

that puzzling face
Dry spells for relic pulls happen (see: me _ lucky draw rofl) but I guess it hurts a -lot- more when you don't already have a base of gear especially on certain synergies.

Been out for convention yesterday and will be today (barely 3 stages into Squall event and my stamina is rotting lol) and will take a deeper look when I get back today.

In the meantime hang tight - these dry spells do happen, sometimes you gotta analyze everything else and see what you might improve outside of inventory.

MrDaravon

I'd suggest all this mythril you're using on random weapon pulls should go towards doing stamina refreshes for more runs of the various orb dailies and exp dailies of whatever the hardest difficulty you can do even if it's only 1 stage. Doing one stage of heroic of + where you rely on a friend summon to clear 2 of the 3 stages and then one last stage of whatever your best abilities are on your strongest character can help you get orbs and exp you need to get the better abilities. RS equipment is important, but having high level characters and more ability usage goes a lot farther.

Everyone said not to waste Mythril on stamina refreshes at the point I'm at (88 Stamina) :(. I am doing the thing where I clear one stage on Heroic by burning the RW for 2 rounds then backing out. The problem is outside of the EXP dungeon day I feel like most days there's been an event going on that is eating most of my Stamina; like with the current FFV and FFVIII events going on since I'm a newer player I didn't have any of those characters so I was going through and grabbing all of them and their MCs which isn't leaving me a ton of time/stamina for other stuff, especially since I'm still trying to get through the Classic dungeons which folks also recommend so I can get more Stamina shards. I've been trying to prioritize running the EXP dungeon on that day but other than that I feel like I haven't either the real life time or Stamina to focus on other stuff. I kind of have a feeling lack of orbs for skills/hones are probably what's holding me back the most right now, especially since I have no control over relic pulls (short of $30 for an 11 pull which is absurd pricing lol).

Dry spells for relic pulls happen (see: me _ lucky draw rofl) but I guess it hurts a -lot- more when you don't already have a base of gear especially on certain synergies.

Been out for convention yesterday and will be today (barely 3 stages into Squall event and my stamina is rotting lol) and will take a deeper look when I get back today.

In the meantime hang tight - these dry spells do happen, sometimes you gotta analyze everything else and see what you might improve outside of inventory.

Right, if I'd been playing for 6 months or whatever it'd be a different story, but I just don't have the existing stockpile of characters and items and whatnot yet.

I've been trying to stick with it every day, even if it's only once in the morning and once in the evening just because ANY battles are still progress, and the "worst" I'm losing out on is just time, but it's still frustrating. Mainly been making sure to pick up characters and their MC's as these events have been happening at the bare minimum.

MicH

^If you only have 68 stamina then you really need to start working on the story dungeons. I wouldn't run any of the non-Sunday dailies until you get decently caught up with the story dungeons

God, Iøm gonna have to grind to get Squall's RM2. I hate this shit. I wasted a fuckton of stamina trying to get Josef's RM2 and I never ended up getting it

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Everyone said not to waste Mythril on stamina refreshes at the point I'm at (88 Stamina) :(. I am doing the thing where I clear one stage on Heroic by burning the RW for 2 rounds then backing out. The problem is outside of the EXP dungeon day I feel like most days there's been an event going on that is eating most of my Stamina; like with the current FFV and FFVIII events going on since I'm a newer player I didn't have any of those characters so I was going through and grabbing all of them and their MCs which isn't leaving me a ton of time/stamina for other stuff, especially since I'm still trying to get through the Classic dungeons which folks also recommend so I can get more Stamina shards. I've been trying to prioritize running the EXP dungeon on that day but other than that I feel like I haven't either the real life time or Stamina to focus on other stuff. I kind of have a feeling lack of orbs for skills/hones are probably what's holding me back the most right now, especially since I have no control over relic pulls (short of $30 for an 11 pull which is absurd pricing lol).

Right, if I'd been playing for 6 months or whatever it'd be a different story, but I just don't have the existing stockpile of characters and items and whatnot yet.

I think your best bet is to "pay" to win by using mythril to brute force dungeons to get memory crystals, and then just use the rest of the time to prioritize trying to get orbs to hone double cut/retaliate and also get double hit from Joseph. Once you can use the Advance strategy, you can cheese your way through 90% of the encounters, which will also help you get more orbs (from the rewards) which should help you with things like Ruinaga.

You will eventually get to the point where you can finish events in a day, but it just requires a lot of grinding/time - especially if you aren't paying into the game. You can see my posts in the last thread to see how frustrated I was with this game when I was in your position.

That said, once Advance stops being a viable strategy, I think I will stop playing. lol

If you have growth eggs to spare definitely consider them on Lenna! She has an awesome default SB, and really good stats in general for a white mage. Seeing as you got her MC she would be a worthy longtime investment, even if you don't quite make it through the Archaeovis.
Other than that, what the other guys said and work towards abilities and classic progress. The Gilgamesh MC will come round again, so not the end of world if you don't get it. Noticed you have several copies of various abilities but not much honed past R2. I'd try to get one of each of the -ga's to R3, and maybe consider Comet too as non-elemental damage is never bad. Look towards getting some of the status inducing abilities too like Tempo Flurry (Slow), Venom Buster (Poison) and Silence Buster (Silence) - several encounters can be crippled with those so well worth it!

MrDaravon

Advance is a Luneth SB right? So the idea is just get a RW with it, and have your person using Retaliate summon the RW?

I have still never seen an Advance RW somehow o_O. Related note, how does the game determine what RW's you have as options going into a dungeon? I assumed it was random, but I one time went into a dungeon and backed out and it gave me the exact same options, is it some sort of RNG seed or something?

If you have growth eggs to spare definitely consider them on Lenna! She has an awesome default SB, and really good stats in general for a white mage. Seeing as you got her MC she would be a worthy longtime investment, even if you don't quite make it through the Archaeovis.
Other than that, what the other guys said and work towards abilities and classic progress. The Gilgamesh MC will come round again, so not the end of world if you don't get it. Noticed you have several copies of various abilities but not much honed past R2. I'd try to get one of each of the -ga's to R3, and maybe consider Comet too as non-elemental damage is never bad. Look towards getting some of the status inducing abilities too like Tempo Flurry (Slow), Venom Buster (Poison) and Silence Buster (Silence) - several encounters can be crippled with those so well worth it!

Yeah I'm going to get Lenna up once my WM slot frees up shortly, or just use eggs if needed. I honestly have no idea why I have dupes of some things; there were a few things I did specifically make copies of (Firega/Thundaga/Double Slash etc), but I have no idea why for example I have 3 Thundagas, two Break's etc. Either quest rewards, or I was drunk one night or something, no idea. I'll look into making those other things, I'm not sure if I have enough for some of the Busters yet; I saw people recommending Breakdowns but I think when I looked I only had enough orbs to make one of the Breakdowns and it wasn't one of the good ones (forget which).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Advance is a Luneth SB right? So the idea is just get a RW with it, and have your person using Retaliate summon the RW?

I have still never seen an Advance RW somehow o_O. Related note, how does the game determine what RW's you have as options going into a dungeon? I assumed it was random, but I one time went into a dungeon and backed out and it gave me the exact same options, is it some sort of RNG seed or something?
Yeah, it's a RW. Some people here have it, and there are lists on reddit as well.
And yeah, the RW is random but only changes after you spend stamina in a dungeon.

Hsieh

The RW choices are set whenever you leave a dungeon. The RWs available will not change unless you enter and complete one floor of a dungeon. You can cheaply change your available RWs by going into and completing a 1 stamina dungeon floor such as FFIV's Fabul Castle.

Busters are 3* whereas Breakdowns are 4* abilities, so shouldn't really be competing with each other. Though, i'd pick one you want immediately and hone it rather than trying to get them all at once at R1.
Tempo Flurry and Silence Buster would both be effective against the Archaeovis as it can be slowed and silenced, however if you decide to go at it for Seifers MC instead you may opt for Dark Buster as Seifer and Fujin/Raijin are susceptible to Blind.

WarAdept

Well I finally got lucky. It's the worst out of the banner, but who cares, I'll take it for Gilgamesh and Advantilate!

Seriously what were they thinking with Ochu Whip? I already have Slepnir. At least Gil can now back row without using the Pumpkin.

96536882-e77e-4694-8b87-a955f38d9e2b_zpsiyd4h6i5.png

Well I finally got lucky. It's the worst out of the banner, but who cares, I'll take it for Gilgamesh and Advantilate!

Seriously what were they thinking with Ochu Whip? I already have Slepnir. At least Gil can now back row without using the Pumpkin.

Wow, that must have been a crushing realization. That the betrayal sword was the last relic to show had to have been a real kick to the junk. Damn. That ochu whip is so so bad. Damn, sorry! Three out of three five stars, but they turn out to be three out of three future augment items.

WarAdept

Wow, that must have been a crushing realization. That the betrayal sword was the last relic to show had to have been a real kick to the junk. Damn. That ochu whip is so so bad. Damn, sorry! Three out of three five stars, but they turn out to be three out of three future augment items.

I'm trying to keep positive here!

I died a little inside and I knew deep down one was an Ochu Whip.

mithril on this now, I'm going to get an Ochu Tentacle.

Called it. Aaaand of course on Reddit on a post above mine in the Megapulls data thread, some guy gets all the unique SB 5* in one pull. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

At least the gloves have unusually high attack for gloves at this point in the game!

MrDaravon

The RW choices are set whenever you leave a dungeon. The RWs available will not change unless you enter and complete one floor of a dungeon. You can cheaply change your available RWs by going into and completing a 1 stamina dungeon floor such as FFIV's Fabul Castle.

Great to know, thanks!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Called it. Aaaand of course on Reddit on a post above mine in the Megapulls data thread, some guy gets all the unique SB 5* in one pull. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

So the chance of that happening is, uh, it's like 1% per item, right? So to get all 5 is 1 in 10 billion :O

I really want to do an 11x pull because FF8 is one of my favorite games and I love using Squall, but I'm going to practice ~delayed gratification~ and wait for the upcoming celebration.

I did manage to clear all the stages, so I'm hoping I'll be strong enough to do the MC2 stage for Squall when it appears. I wasn't able to get through Cloud's so I missed his :/

Is there anyway around the stamina system ? Really loving the game but the stamina system is killing it. I wish I could just pay a 1 time fee of $20 or whatever to remove it =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom