• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm pretty sure it was 155 quests yesterday and still 155 quests today even with the Selphie quest added.

Why DeNA. :(

(Like really, why couldn't all 3 have been Event quests, heh)

I'm pretty sure it was 155 quests yesterday and still 155 quests today even with the Selphie quest added.

Why DeNA. :(

(Like really, why couldn't all 3 have been Event quests, heh)

Yet the game moved me from 134/155 quest cleared to 137/155 quest cleared :X

Figure that out

Falk

that puzzling face
Pay $1 for a 100gem pull, use the 5 Mythril you might have spent on a pull to buy 25 slots.

t0YK08Q.gif

But i was saving that for a milkshake after work...

Nah good idea. I'll need to do the same for equipment also, 100 slots isn't cutting it!

MicH

These quests made me realize I haven't rally done the Monday orb dungeon +. My god I hate those enemies and their AoE Silence

EDIT Oh wow. I never even mastered the Monday + dungeons. Whoops

Good thing I brought yukikaze to the gilga battle, that diamond plate sb blind failed to land on either boss, thanks for nothing, waste of mako might.

Going on an orb spending spree, took bioga, diaga, waterja, and pound to r4 and the breakdowns to r3 and maxing a handful of the more useful 3 star abilities including the spellblades-the agablades are way down the priority list for now. in need of an ungodly ain't of greater blacks to rank up the other jas to 4. After the seifer boss battles, I'll be two major powers away from ranking up full break, perhaps I'll get lucky with the daily tomorrow or Thursday. Full break is quite the game changer allowing melees to drop breaks and use, for example, that newly honed pound.

Will not do a mythril pull on the next banners. Lucky pulls netted me revolver and morngstar and already had betrayal sword, galbadian uniform, ten gallon hat 4++ and a mesmerize blade. And I've used squalls ssb on the Japanese server and have not been overly impressed.

Bonus battles done. Had to S/L a couple times on Necrophobe because I ate too many AoEs before I could get mitigation up.
I found Shell + Carbuncle trivialized P1, but i got done over by Sap in P2 which killed Bartz :( so didnt get a chance to exploit Wind and missed Mastery.
Might give it another go for the Scarletites but new event and a few classics left to clear still.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeh, assuming you have AOE abilities, the fight doesn't take nearly as much offensive staying power as previous +++s (Alexander lol) so turtling it up with SG/Shellga/Protectga (phase 2) and whittling him down works.

Cheers guys just beat him and got Master lol - went bit more defensive as you suggested with Shellga and Lunatic High. Bartz, Lenna, Gilgamesh, Rydia and Terra saw me through :) and yeah with his vulnerabilities can burn him down pretty fast!

I had to SL Necrophobe after a good phase 1, no AoE from barriers then right at the end a vacuum wave (me thinking oh that is only *1.05 physical won't hurt that badly) went and OHKOd Lenna with a critical. I made sure to actually land blind the second time rather than give up after it missing
Vacuum wave still hit 3 targets...wait a second why is it AoE, I know my FFV

Did a bit rough on the medals but I got my scarletite and used weaker scarletite to make room.

Yeah if I put Gilgamesh in the wrong slot in my party it equips a rod on him because it has a Shared Soul Break. I really hate how the optimize prioritizes shared soul break items over better items.

Balphon

I'm one orb away from being able to create Full Break. Is it worth the orbs, or are they best saved for something else?

It's the only 5* ability I have and it's been very helpful.

I wouldn't make it unless you plan on bringing a 5* support character to most things, though.

WarAdept

That +++ for Battle on the Big Bridge event is so full of jank if you're barely scraping by doing +++ battles like myself.

I rely on Advance + Retaliate to pull me through and dear god, nearly 1hr of S/L just to get decent conditions to actually have a shot at the damn thing.

Need 2 characters to have near full bars at the beginning to drop both Shellga and Carbuncle or else someone is dead before I get mitigation up.

Pray to the RNG gods that they don't spam AoE magic (especially Blizzaga, why does this have such a high multiplier compared to the other 2?!)

Pray again to the RNG gods that Flash doesn't hit Gilgamesh (my Retaliator).

Hope Slowga hits at the beginning.

Pray yet again for no AoE spam.

Lenna gets Sapped at the back row for 2k with Protega up. =\

I hate you Necrophobe and thank god I never have to Master this fight again.

elty

I beat +++ with

Terra - 3*++ FFV rod, Ruinga, thunderga
Rinoa - 5* Valkyrie, Blizzarga, Waterja
Tyro - 5*+ SG, Meteor, Fireja
Aeris - 5*+ staff, protectga, curaga
Bartz - 4* killer bow, aeroga strike, mental break

RW Runic blade

First of all, giving Tyro meteor is a huge mistake as Meteor only hits for 3000ish and Fireja only 6000s with a 5+ Sentinel grimoire. I should have put Tyro in the healing role and put in another mage in place of Aeris.

Basic strategy is
Tyro use RW (Tyro must have auto haste, S/L if his ATB is not near full)
Aeris (with Mako might and the wizard hat) use the magic buff then attack to build up limit break gauge, heal if necessary
Terra blasts AE
Rinoa cast spells
Bartz just attacks

When shields are about to die, cast protectga. Then switch to all single target spell. Pray that you don't get hit by AE before SG is up.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know what's awesome for this fight if you already have defensive SBs in your lineup?

Cyclone Grimoire.

AOE + RES down = yes pls

WarAdept

So I now have the ability to create either Full Break or Odin.

I know that Full Break is the golden child of 5* abilities (stacking with Breakdowns and whatnot), but I've noticed that lots of bosses now are resistant to break/down effects and I think I read that break effects have no effect on bosses in the future?

Reading up more topics on Reddit, and some people have sworn by Odin. I've never used Death effects myself so I can't really comment on it.

Is it worth it? Or is Odin the more future proof option? Or should I go with a third option and use Orb Conversion to make more hones of 4* abilities?

johnsmith

remember me
Necrophobe was the hardest +++ fight in a while. Took way more S/Ls than I wanted for mastery. Should have gone with a mage strategy instead of trying to do it with advantaliate without a synergy weapon for cloud.

I used both AoE magic and advantaliate in the +++. If anything my advice would be to try slowing down when one barrier is left. Having Carbuncle up for half of the Necrophobe phase is fairly nail biting if you lack AoE healing...aside from weak regen from a Mako Might'd Lenna.

Of course even that advice is full of RNG due to how bad the AoE can get.

It turns out Gilgamesh is secretly a mage.
The cursed Blue Mage at that. Between level 50 and 65 he gains 28 points of magic. Of course Kimahri gains 29 :p
There is more to a character than their stats

Jyrii

Banned
I think I do not have enough skill honing to beat +++

Ruinga and thundaja is 4 uses, firaja and waterja are 6. Valefor and Carbuncle have only 1 uses.

I seem to have either enough dmg and not enough protection, or the other way around.

Road

Surprised at all the trouble against Necrophobe. /snob?

Carbuncle and Blind negate like 90% of their offensive power. If you're using Advance, then you should try using Bladeblitz on that guy to tear down the Barriers quickly.

My fight was really straightforward, although I had to s/l a few times (due to Blind and Barrier AoE spam): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gvc5dfC8Bo&feature=youtu.be

So I now have the ability to create either Full Break or Odin.

I know that Full Break is the golden child of 5* abilities (stacking with Breakdowns and whatnot), but I've noticed that lots of bosses now are resistant to break/down effects and I think I read that break effects have no effect on bosses in the future?

Reading up more topics on Reddit, and some people have sworn by Odin. I've never used Death effects myself so I can't really comment on it.

Is it worth it? Or is Odin the more future proof option? Or should I go with a third option and use Orb Conversion to make more hones of 4* abilities?

The only bosses immune to break haven been the two from the Abyss Chamber, which is the special event to get 6* abilities. There are supposedly ten more. For regular events, none is immune to break, not even the 160 difficulty boss introduced yesterday.

On the other hand, 99.9% of the bosses are immune to Death (instant KO). Odin is very situational, like Carbuncle. If it were a 4* ability, it would be a must, but as a 5*, it is not worth it against Full Break at all.

Personally, I haven't even created Full Break yet. I'm still going by the "if you don't need it, don't make it" rule.
I just like to look at all my orb collection

I think I do not have enough skill honing to beat +++

Ruinga and tundaja is 4 uses, firaja and waterja are 6. Valefor and Carbuncle have only 1 uses.

I seem to have either enough dmg and not enough protection, or the other way around.
I didnt bother healing which helped my damage output a lot. My setup for mastery:

Gilgamesh - Wind Jump R3, Double Cut R4
Bartz - Bladeblitz R2, Tempo Flurry R4
Lenna - Diaga R2, Shellga R1
Rydia - Carbuncle R1, Shiva R4
Terra - Ruinga R2, Waterja R3

RW Lunatic High. Relics for Bartz and Terra. Was quite lucky to get my mitigation up during phase transition. Bartz Soul Break was a big help due to the Sap damage but overall he went down like a sack of spuds. Mako Might on Lenna was a must though to have regen ticking. Party was almost all dead toward the end so the haste buff (and slow on boss) helped lots!

Jyrii

Banned
I didnt bother healing which helped my damage output a lot. My setup for mastery:

Gilgamesh - Wind Jump R3, Double Cut R4
Bartz - Bladeblitz R2, Tempo Flurry R4
Lenna - Diaga R2, Shellga R1
Rydia - Carbuncle R1, Shiva R4
Terra - Ruinga R2, Waterja R3

RW Lunatic High. Relics for Bartz and Terra. Was quite lucky to get my mitigation up during phase transition. Bartz Soul Break was a big help due to the Sap damage but overall he went down like a sack of spuds. Mako Might on Lenna was a must though to have regen ticking. Party was almost all dead toward the end so the haste buff (and slow on boss) helped lots!

Thanks. I was able to beat him using very similar setup. No master though, since Yuna got killed.

aBTBjM1l.jpg

m6us57Nl.jpg

"Ok, time for my free relic draw, tap tap tap, let's get done with it", rainbow orb, WHAT THE FUCK.

Day 1 player, my first free 5* relic, I'm part of the elite now.

y5mTzPM.gif

MrDaravon

Are there daily quests again today? I did them the last two days except for the + ones since I'm still a scrub and can't do those yet. Barely played the last week to be honest, Fallout 4 is pretty much owning my soul right now.

Are there daily quests again today? I did them the last two days except for the + ones since I'm still a scrub and can't do those yet. Barely played the last week to be honest, Fallout 4 is pretty much owning my soul right now.
Yep three under event quest. The FFIV daily is the best daily to run (though the highest HP mobs of any day at +)...well heroic and + at least.

MicH

Condolences on having to use Mog.

grats
Get out! Mog is amazing! He can be a pretty good white mage/dancer combo and his unique SB can be really useful. I can't wait for his MC

The Nec-probe battle is pissing me off. I *can* beat it, it's just the RNG is just screwing with me.
What's your setup? Boon + Carbuncle + a bunch of AoE really made it easy for me

Red Mage

Get out! Mog is amazing! He can be a pretty good white mage/dancer combo and his unique SB can be really useful. I can't wait for his MC

What's your setup? Boon + Carbuncle + a bunch of AoE really made it easy for me

Finally beat it. I had Runic as my RW, and my Meteor Mage kept getting 0 ATB at the start of the battle. -_-

Falk

that puzzling face
I guess if everyone pulled every single day, even a 0.1% chance has to happen to ~1 in 3 people over the course of a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom