• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Virtually everyone can equip knives, yes. There were a few screwballs like Red XIII who couldn't (lol) but eventually he could too.

I think one ranged weapon per realm is fine. There's a whole class of characters called Support (they have 4* or 5* support) who will carry Breakdowns, which are amazing for both mitigation or offense depending on what the content needs. Wakka, Fran, Irvine, Sazh, Setzer, Vaan, Barret, Edward, etc all fall into this category. Outside of Vaan, Setzer and Gordon (lol) they all can use either guns, bows, and/or throwing.

Worst case you can stick a dagger on them, but the ranged weapon allows them to sit in the back row for less melee damage from bosses. (Or if you were like me, stick a dagger on them in the back row because mage meta lol who cares about Support damage)

MrDaravon

Virtually everyone can equip knives, yes. There were a few screwballs like Red XIII who couldn't (lol) but eventually he could too.

I think one ranged weapon per realm is fine. There's a whole class of characters called Support (they have 4* or 5* support) who will carry Breakdowns, which are amazing for both mitigation or offense depending on what the content needs. Wakka, Fran, Irvine, Sazh, Setzer, Vaan, Barret, Edward all fall into this category. Outside of Vaan, Setzer and Gordon (lol) they all can use either guns, bows, and/or throwing.

Worst case you can stick a Dagger on them, but the ranged weapon allows them to sit in the back row for less melee damage from bosses. (Or if you were like me, stick a dagger on them in the back row because mage meta lol who cares about Support damage)

Breakdowns are the higher rank of the Armor/Mental etc Breaks right? Also unrelated but I'm somehow able to craft Valefor, which is the only non-2* Summon I've been able to make (think I got this Major Wind Orb from one or two events ago), should I do it? Right now I've just been using Firega/Thundaga/Blizzaga in terms of offensive magic. Reddit seems to highly recommend Ruinaga but I haven't gotten the materials for it yet.

Classic Dungeons are starting to get challenging now, up to FFVI Falcon. I've knocked out most of the Elite/Bonus quests though along the way.

Falk

that puzzling face
Valefor is really, really good for trash clearing if you have Summoner's RM2 which recharges it.

Now that Rydia is buffed and can use hard hitting BLM, you can stick r1 Valefor on her in slot 1 for trash and w/e in slot 2 for the boss, but it really starts shining from r3 onwards when you then have enough casts to unload the hurt on the boss as well.

Basically through midgame, the least painful way to clear trash is with AOE abilities that recharge via BLM/Summoner RM2s.

edit: To better answer you question, I think the answer to "should I craft it?" is if you need the 4* wind orbs for anything else in the immediate future. Otherwise the other orbs it uses are a no-brainer for how staple Valefor is short and long term.

Do remember that Summons only get 1 use per rank.

MrDaravon

Valefor is really, really good for trash clearing if you have Summoner's RM2 which recharges it.

Now that Rydia is buffed and can use hard hitting BLM, you can stick r1 Valefor on her in slot 1 for trash and w/e in slot 2 for the boss, but it really starts shining from r3 onwards when you then have enough casts to unload the hurt on the boss as well.

Basically through midgame, the least painful way to clear trash is with AOE abilities that recharge via BLM/Summoner RM2s.

edit: To better answer you question, I think the answer to "should I craft it?" is if you need the 4* wind orbs for anything else in the immediate future. Otherwise the other orbs it uses are a no-brainer for how staple Valefor is short and long term.

Do remember that Summons only get 1 use per rank.

I've got Rydia at 50 with a solid 5* weapon so this intrigues me. I've got 4 characters all in the mid to late 40s right now, was planning on starting to level up/swap in the core class characters since I know some of the RM's from them are desirable. I'm not far enough in dungeon unlocks to have access to the Summoner MC/RM1 yet; I'm using a google doc master checklist on reddit someone made and it looks like the Summoner RM2 is a random drop. In that instance do I have to have the RM1 first for the RM2 to drop?

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah you do. Summoner needs to be 50 and have the cap broken with MC (which gives RM1) before RM2 is available to drop.

MrDaravon

Yeah you do. Summoner needs to be 50 and have the cap broken with MC (which gives RM1) before RM2 is available to drop.

Good to know. I'll still work on getting him and BM leveled up though so when I get there I can knock that out ASAP. I thiiiink I may have access to the Elite dungeon I need for the BM MC, but I'm in the middle of a dungeon with no Stamina so don't want to back out and check right now.

Any other must haves RMs from the core classes I should go after ASAP?

Falk

that puzzling face
White is pretty sweet for boss rushes so you can spam Protectga/Shellga and have it recharge.

Bard's RM2 turns attack into a 60% strength AOE. Not essential for hard content, but it's a real QoL deal to have so you can have someone just autobattle AOE through easier stages of each event.

MrDaravon

White is pretty sweet for boss rushes so you can spam Protectga/Shellga and have it recharge.

Bard's RM2 turns attack into a 60% strength AOE. Not essential for hard content, but it's a real QoL deal to have so you can have someone just autobattle AOE through easier stages of each event.

Sounds good. I can't make Protectga/Shellga but someday!

Appreciate your help as always <3

Falk

that puzzling face
brb quitting FFRK for PAD

C0JzVkW.png

iA1IVtS.png

aapmxJC.png

Wazzy

Banned
I don't know if pulling her is actually that hard considering the characters seem quite small(I could be wrong, I'm basing it off the images you posted) but to be my first roll? VIII gods be blessing me.

Also I'm not sure how this works once the FF event ends, I'm assuming you can still pull them but it's much harder? because I want Squall!

Unstoppable.

8NrCFUY.gif
<3

I wonder if I can pull Squall before the event ends. :D I'll see if I can grind some stones before then.

<3

I wonder if I can pull Squall before the event ends. :D I'll see if I can grind some stones before then.
If anyone can do it, you can. :)

I've always wanted to try P&D but keeping up with this is already a lot of work with all the other games I play. I like to get in on the ground floor of these types of games anyway. This fall has too much stuff! XD

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't know if pulling her is actually that hard considering the characters seem quite small(I could be wrong, I'm basing it off the images you posted) but to be my first roll? VIII gods be blessing me.

I didn't post all of them

(Got lazy linking the rest)

Wazzy

Banned
I didn't post all of them

(Got lazy linking the rest)

Yeah I just looked it up and saw Yuna, Tidus and some others.

If anyone can do it, you can. :)

I've always wanted to try P&D but keeping up with this is already a lot of work with all the other games I play. I like to get in on the ground floor of these types of games anyway. This fall has too much stuff! XD

Hmm I caved and decided to spend a tiny bit of money to see if I could manage a Squall pull. $10 is my limit so I did three pulls with stones I already had plus those and got:
Sephiroth(meh would prefer Yuna or Cloud)
Squall
Rinoa again

LOL

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Too bad that's it for VIII characters though maybe that's a good thing for me.

Falk

that puzzling face

Only thing you haven't done is pull an FFVIII item off daily pull.

That's probably just waiting for Squall BSSB though.

Wazzy

Banned

Only thing you haven't done is pull an FFVIII item off daily pull.

That's probably just waiting for Squall BSSB though.

You know, I've never gotten anything good off daily pulls nor 100 gem ones.

But I'm cool with that, as long as I can continue getting VIII stuff.

Hmm I caved and decided to spend a tiny bit of money to see if I could manage a Squall pull. $10 is my limit so I did three pulls with stones I already had plus those and got:
Sephiroth(meh would prefer Yuna or Cloud)
Squall
Rinoa again

LOL

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Too bad that's it for VIII characters though maybe that's a good thing for me.
8NrCFUY.gif
8NrCFUY.gif
8NrCFUY.gif

<3

Falk

that puzzling face
So now it's affected by a soft cap.

Doesn't seem too bad. I was afraid they might have at some point adjusted buffs/debuffs so that each stat is a separate debuff (Effectively making SG a DEF buff and RES buff, overwriting both individuals, or Advance overwriting Boost with its ATK portion, and castrating Full Break) but thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case. This is definitely a necessary step before any chance of BDL since right now stacking buffs scales well past 9999 into absurdity.

Also Planet Protector/Deprotectga still stack at full power :^)

edit: Holy shit, Protect/Shell are unaffected? That's a really good call and will help bring them back into the limelight. Maybe 6* White will be Barrier or something that gives AOE both.

Falk

that puzzling face
So I was doing all the Bonus Quests to get them out of the way (just because, I know they're less efficient yadda yadda), and on Mt. Koltz elite, an Ipooh hit lv50 Lenna with Claw for 7k. Lenna was wearing a Regal Gown.

I don't understand how that's even remotely possible. Happened so fast/unexpectedly that I didn't get a screenshot.

So I was doing all the Bonus Quests to get them out of the way (just because, I know they're less efficient yadda yadda), and on Mt. Koltz elite, an Ipooh hit lv50 Lenna with Claw for 7k. Lenna was wearing a Regal Gown.

I don't understand how that's even remotely possible. Happened so fast/unexpectedly that I didn't get a screenshot.

That elite will forever be god tier difficulty

Falk

that puzzling face
Sunleth Waterscape backdrop is some generic tileset from the SNES era. FFXIII must have been all like "ok FFV, you steal my music, I'll steal your graphics"

edit: GILGAMESH CAN'T USE PUMPKIN

Confirmed for shit-tier retaliate bot

MrDaravon

Are you psychic? I just tried to do that Elite to get rid of that Bonus Quest and got fucking wrecked by Vargas (Gale Strike kills or nearly kills most of my group).

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh yeah, that was us 6 months ago lol (You probably could check OT1 for some hilarious pages)

The 'strat' was AOEing down the Ipoohs as fast as possible (some people blew their 3* summon orbs on Ifrit for this) so you could Magic Break* Vargas. Wind Slash = quit and restart app.

Became a lot easier with the friend summon system with Terra's AOE fire.

*edit: Gale Cut is maybe Physical? Wow we were all so terrible back then lol.

MrDaravon

Oh yeah, that was us 6 months ago lol (You probably could check OT1 for some hilarious pages)

The 'strat' was AOEing down the Ipoohs as fast as possible (some people blew their 3* summon orbs on Ifrit for this) so you could Magic Break Vargas. Wind Slash = quit and restart app.

Became a lot easier with the friend summon system with Terra's AOE fire.

lol

I had Sabin's Fire AOE friend summon and it was doing 9999, but getting that off twice then getting to Vargas with Magic Break wasn't happening. Even if it had I'm not sure how big of a different the 20% (?) reduction in damage on Gale Slash would have really helped me. Really need a group heal or something.

lol

I had Sabin's Fire AOE friend summon and it was doing 9999, but getting that off twice then getting to Vargas with Magic Break wasn't happening. Even if it had I'm not sure how big of a different the 20% (?) reduction in damage on Gale Slash would have really helped me. Really need a group heal or something.

So I'll be fine cause I have both Sabin's aoe fire weapon and two different group heal weapons? Guess I'll do that later

Falk

that puzzling face
Even if it had I'm not sure how big of a different the 20% (?) reduction in damage on Gale Slash would have really helped me.

Magic Break is a 30% penalty on MAG, which translates to 48% less Magic damage.

Power Break is a 30% penatly on ATK, which translates into 51% less Physical damage.

(now I'm not sure if Gale Cut is magic or physical lol)

Yeah that Mt. Koltz elite was nuts when I did it, definitely higher than the supposed "50" odd difficulty its advertised as. I think I had to go through it twice as well as I didn't get Sabin until after they added the bonus quests, which wasn't great for a dungeon that costs 90+ stamina...

Edit: Air Knife got! 80 Mythril into this banner now, think i'll quit there. Gilgamesh default SB is arguably more useful, and he'll be equipping whatever has good RS anyway. Onwards!

MrDaravon

Magic Break is a 30% penalty on MAG, which translates to 48% less Magic damage.

Power Break is a 30% penatly on ATK, which translates into 51% less Physical damage.

(now I'm not sure if Gale Cut is magic or physical lol)

Oh, for some reason I thought the Breaks were 20%, not 30%. I also assumed that the percentages would be flat across the board, so 20% less Magic stat would equal 20% less Magic damage dealt. Good to know. I'LL FIGURE THIS SHIT OUT ONE DAY

I guess Mt Koltz is easy when you can bring Sentinel Grimoire and you have both aoe fire sb, full party heal sb, and double bio sb. Still had to save scum cause first attempt vargas did an instant gale slash before I could get Sent Grim up.

Balphon

Oh, for some reason I thought the Breaks were 20%, not 30%. I also assumed that the percentages would be flat across the board, so 20% less Magic stat would equal 20% less Magic damage dealt. Good to know. I'LL FIGURE THIS SHIT OUT ONE DAY

The damage formulas for magic and physical are different, hence the variance.

They also both use factors higher than 1 for the relevant stat to calculate damage, so the reduction in net damage from debuffs is higher than you might intuit.

MrDaravon

I just pulled this o_O

Congrats! o_o

I've gotten one relic from my last 4 pulls. My last pull I only got 3 4* items and 8 3*'s. So salty lol. As a newer player is actively discouraging. I don't really see why there's not a guarantee of a 5* with an 11-pull; I mean yes statistically you'll get one, but obviously not always.

Fularu

Banned
Congrats! o_o

I've gotten one relic from my last 4 pulls. My last pull I only got 3 4* items and 8 3*'s. So salty lol. As a newer player is actively discouraging. I don't really see why there's not a guarantee of a 5* with an 11-pull; I mean yes statistically you'll get one, but obviously not always.

Well you've got more luck than I do in D3, it's only fair that after 15 or so pulls I get one amazing one :p

I've had plenty of no 5* pulls, trust me :D

Road

*see Fularu's pull*
*hmm... maybe I should pull on this banner*
*see Vorpal's pull*
*nope*

Are you psychic? I just tried to do that Elite to get rid of that Bonus Quest and got fucking wrecked by Vargas (Gale Strike kills or nearly kills most of my group).

Funny, I'm also doing those useless bonus quests. I guess it's the thing to do when there's nothing else better. Well, actually, daily dungeons are better use of stamina, but it's so annoying not having them completed. At least I've gotten some greater orbs from the bosses, and Gilga and Bartz are gaining levels.

I didn't have any problem with Vargas, since I'm taking lv50 Steiner with Draw Fire so he can get his RM2, but it's annoying nonetheless due to the absurd 91 stamina cost. By the way, why does Dena hate FF2? Been using Maria the entire week and her RM2 still hasn't dropped. Dear god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom