• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Jenova elite fights are pretty annoying to get started. They're so fast it's hard to get mitigation up before getting blasted for 4k twice. Easy after that, though. At least with FF7 bracers you get to deal more damage to compensate for being squishy. Might be worth prioritizing RES than just equipping synergy.

Negator

Man. I want some of that FFV loot but now I feel like I shouldn't spend Mythril out of 'Breakfest' now. I feel like normal banners just screw me over.

Balphon

The new Jenova elite fights are pretty annoying to get started. They're so fast it's hard to get mitigation up before getting blasted for 4k twice. Easy after that, though. At least with FF7 bracers you get to deal more damage to compensate for being squishy. Might be worth prioritizing RES than just equipping synergy.

Red/Blue Light are physical attacks.

WarAdept

So I'm finally being able to do some progress on the Classic dungeons (I'm so far behind, haven't even started on Elite).

Levelling up a team of level 30's, I come across Dark Bahamut. Instant regret.

Red/Blue Light are physical attacks.

I see. I guess that explains why I could only reduce them so far between Magic Breakdown, Shellga, and Sentinel's Guard. I assume they're Draw Fire-able then? I did bring Cecil to that fight but it was for a Shellga fifth wheel... Could've easily swapped things around and had him tank too.

Man. I want some of that FFV loot but now I feel like I shouldn't spend Mythril out of 'Breakfest' now. I feel like normal banners just screw me over.
That reminds me DeNA are doing their usual trick of playing their hands close with what will be there as the event afterwards has banners translated. I remember a few changes to the last fest upset people (but I don't remember what changes were, I have a feeling it was adding FFII stuff and the skipped FFIII colab event could lead to similar changes).

So I'm finally being able to do some progress on the Classic dungeons (I'm so far behind, haven't even started on Elite).

Levelling up a team of level 30's, I come across Dark Bahamut. Instant regret.
Later on even the classics become pretty serious stuff as you would expect from difficulties approaching 80 (I think around 100 is where Japan is at now). You also go and check out many elites and find their difficulty is far lower or about the same.

Balphon

I see. I guess that explains why I could only reduce them so far between Magic Breakdown, Shellga, and Sentinel's Guard. I assume they're Draw Fire-able then? I did bring Cecil to that fight but it was for a Shellga fifth wheel... Could've easily swapped things around and had him tank too.

Should work, but I didn't try it myself so I'm not positive. I'm not super familiar with the mechanics of how taunt affects the AI.

Razmos

8 pulls on the V banner, 1 100-gem pull and 7 mythril pulls. Got two 4* items and six 3* items.

All awful except for one of the 4* which was the Gravity Rod (VI). I even got a FFVI Air Knife just to rub it in.

Looks like I'm back to my pre-lucky draw luck.

MicH

Did a 3-pull because I could really use some 5* V weapons or armor. Screen violently shakes!! Lenna's staff... Again. Now I have two. I guess I'll combine them

Red Mage

Lies, Bartz dagger is also very good with high attack, increased wind damage and a Sap-proc SB.

The flametongue sword is also great, it has a unusually high 114 attack and increased fire damage, which is crazy for a spellblade with Firaga Strike

Meh, JP version has ruined me on SBs.

Falk

that puzzling face
Question for 100gem pullers

Are you doing it on both banners per event?

I'm sticking to my guns and 'paying' my 'subscription' of $1 per event outside of SBfests/etc, so I'm only pulling on one per event, usually the former, definitely the former for SSBs.

Compromised and did a couple here pulls and netted the diamond plate light armor that does aoe blindga. Not sure how useful that will be, but hey better than nothing. Also got a second crystal mail and another four star armor to complete a set. So ok, not great but not as terrible as it could have been.

Xetherion

Question for 100gem pullers

Are you doing it on both banners per event?

I'm sticking to my guns and 'paying' my 'subscription' of $1 per event outside of SBfests/etc, so I'm only pulling on one per event, usually the former, definitely the former for SSBs.

I do the 100 gem pull on both if both have a featured relic i want.

Wazzy

Banned
All classics finished and starting the elite part of the Bartz event.

I think Seifer is next week and I'm nervous and excited.

broz0rs

All classics finished and starting the elite part of the Bartz event.

I think Seifer is next week and I'm nervous and excited.

You're going to pull up to ten 11 pulls to get Squall's gun, right?

Any chance of live streaming this? :D

Anyone know of a good place to see what all the record materias do to your stats? I'd like to see hard numbers for each one. For example the Gilgamesh record materia that ups defense when wearing heavy armor. Or the one that gives you Sap but ups attack. I need percentages!

Falk

that puzzling face
I'll just post this in advance because we all know what's going to happen anyway.

2wWM4Eh.gif

Kaiterra

Banned
So Cid's Missions is up in Japan. Here is a video looking at it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHqS_EueRAo
One of the awards appears to be the Gold Sword.

Yeah, I logged into JP earlier and got both that and a Mythril Sword as rewards for some quests I apparently already completed. And I guess they are throwing out soul essences to make up for taking away the Bonus Quests, but it doesn't seem like you can get quite as many as to make up for the characters that are now locked away. So uh. Make sure to do as many Bonus Quests as possible before this is implemented in global.

100 gem pull got me a 5 star diamond armor

Guess I can't complain too much, still need a good 5 synergy weapon that isn't a judgement staff or a 4 star axe but at least Gilga advance/retalite/draw should be invincible in ff5

Gotta tell you---it's really nice to be able to field Lenna again. She was my first good white mage but reached the cap so long ago and I hate wasting XP.

Kaiterra

Banned
Gotta tell you---it's really nice to be able to field Lenna again. She was my first good white mage but reached the cap so long ago and I hate wasting XP.

Yeah I've been waiting for this ever since her event since I drew the Healing Staff at the time and I've basically been letting the utility of Royal Devotion go to waste. Really glad this event finally swung around.

70 Mythril and got the Diamond Armour... well at least its not completely useless. Gilgamesh is more or less indestructible now to Physical Attacks with Draw Fire and his RM activated.

Just looked at the boss rush and the Sand Worm is featured...

Just looked at the boss rush and the Sand Worm is featured...

Still better than Rubicante. At least you know sandworm will be popping out soon, instead of defending for three consecutive minutes with your black mages because Rubicante just wants to chill behind his cloak. Probably jerking off under there.

Who the fuck at DENA programmed this shit? Why does Battle at the Big Bridge stop and start anytime you enter or exit a battle? That should should play non stop from the moment you enter the realm until you beat the boss :|

Had a fun run of the daily dungeon. Stage 2 sees two magic pots...that stage is biased towards white so they were both greater white. Stage 3 comes up another magic pot and major power :D

Also got Lenna and Galuf their MC and I have to say level 44 Gilgamesh is a noticeable step down from level 80 cloud (don't worry Gilgamesh you'll be morphin' into something good once Sunday is over) though some of that is the 4* Axe I was using barely being any stronger than 7* Blazefire saber.

At least they gave us the original FFV game graphics in the backgrounds.
Shame they used the wrong version of Exdeath castle in that BG.

Also the description event mentioning some people called Barts and Gligamesh.

Thursday is now farm ultima weapon for majors. No luck so far, but haven't made too many runs yet. Anyone have much luck with him/her yet?
Looks like each encounter has a different drop table. I've heard of people getting greater black from the first one and I got greater non-elemental from the final one which FFRK Inspector then decided to not record :(

Wait I just searched reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3sfbef/ultima_weapon_elite_drops_major_black_orb/
Olny GBO and MBO on first stage
GPO and MPO on second stage
GNEO and MNEO on last stage

Sounds like it is worse than daily so might be desperation if you are that 1MBO away from R2 meteor (like I almost am).

MrDaravon

I almost wish there was a guide or list somewhere of how many of each type of weapon per realm you should keep. I have literally 4 different bows (with dupes of one of them) just from FFV. Like...I have no idea if I should keep these or not lol. My inventory is a goddamn mess where I'm just drowning in certain realms and types of weapons and I'm not sure what to keep, I only have 125 inventory slots, and I don't have upgrade mats just to upgrade/combine stuff to get it out of the way like old-timers probably do. It's kind of frustrating.

Falk

that puzzling face
It probably would depend what characters you have. Like if you had 3 fist users with unique SB armor (lol, terrible example) you might want more fists and daggers for each realm.

3 different bows for FFV seems like overkill though. I've had at most 1 bow user at any given point, even for long range bosses.

MrDaravon

It probably would depend what characters you have. Like if you had 3 fist users with unique SB armor (lol, terrible example) you might want more fists and daggers for each realm.

3 different bows for FFV seems like overkill though. I've had at most 1 bow user at any given point, even for long range bosses.

Yeah, I think part of my problem is I've barely touched, much less unlocked, most of the characters. I almost kinda wish equipped gear didn't count against the inventory max, would make it a bit easier to manage. I saw this on reddit, would you agree with this or not? I seriously need to do something with my inventory, any sort of guideline would help.

Make a list of each realm, and then tick off the following:
3 best swords
best katana
best fist
best bow
best dagger
best staff
best heavy armor
best shield
3 best rods
3 best light armors
3 best bracers
2 best mage robes
keep all equipment that gives bonus to specific element damage.
If it gives a learnable SB imo keep it.

Also much inventory space should I have, or should I just buy more slots as I absolutely need to? I spent 5 mythril a while back on 25 more slots but that's it.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'd actually bring up inventory, yeah. I'm sitting at 300 and contemplating upgrading when SSBFest hits.

List looks okay, although it's missing some stuff like guns. I'd also go for 3 best mage armor (bracers/hats/robes) per realm. On that note, for stuff like that and light armor, if I have 2 4*s I don't combine them because it's better for 2 goobers to have a 4* RS than 1 goober to have a 4*+ RS.

The main problem with a simple list is, some equipment start weaker but are better fully combined to ++, and you only have 1 or 2 of them so you can't fully combine it yet (and may never will lol gacha). In other words 'best now' vs 'best ultimately' can have different answers.

MrDaravon

I'd actually bring up inventory, yeah. I'm sitting at 300 and contemplating upgrading when SSBFest hits.

List looks okay, although it's missing some stuff like guns. I'd also go for 3 best mage armor (bracers/hats/robes) per realm. On that note, for stuff like that and light armor, if I have 2 4*s I don't combine them because it's better for 2 goobers to have a 4* RS than 1 goober to have a 4*+ RS.

The main problem with a simple list is, some equipment start weaker but are better fully combined to ++, and you only have 1 or 2 of them so you can't fully combine it yet (and may never will lol gacha). In other words 'best now' vs 'best ultimately' can have different answers.

Right, it's hard to make a like a definitive list, but that kind of helps. Looking through my stuff, a couple of quick questions that I think will help me a lot, in part because I just don't even know who uses some of this stuff:

-Everyone can equip daggers right? With that being the case should I hold onto more than 1-2 daggers for a realm if I'm lacking in say swords?

-How many thrown weapons should I keep per realm, just one? (Drowning in FF3/6 thrown weapons for some reason) Along the same lines, what about Hammers, Harps, Guns and Bows? I don't even know who the hell uses Hammers. Just one per realm on all of those as well?

Looking now it seems like I'm getting stuck in that I have a million weird 3* weapons like Harps and Bows and I don't even know who uses this shit or how many I should keep. It's a pain but I can generally manage the other stuff in terms of daggers/swords/armor. Just knowing what I should do or keep with all of the off the wall stuff would help a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom