• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very behind on Classic Dungeons (just beat FF VI - Holy Dragon).

Of course, they are so short now that behind is relative, I guess.

Falk

that puzzling face
AFFCqQJl.jpg

I uh

lol

I guess I don't really need Luneth friends anymore?

(That's just with Armor Break too, not Armor Breakdown/Full Break combo)

I've netted two major blacks and one major power today and a bunch of greaters and I haven't put in nearly a full days stamina. Will definitely be running the dailies other than Thursday and event days rather than trolling bosses for drops. Too bad all varieties of white orbs are basically useless to me, I have over 100 greaters, enough for curaja r5 and diaga r4 when I get around to stockpiling enough greater holys, and the only power orbs I need are the majors, have over 200 greater powers, so Thursday's daily is pretty pointless for me.

Kaiterra

Banned
Japanese hot streak continues! Excalibur, Cat Ear Hood, Edgar's Drill and FF7 Crystal Sword. And right after I decided to make Relm my main White Mage, too.

johnsmith

remember me
Thinking of doing an 11 pull from the FF5 banner. Is there anything better I should save up for? It's one of few realms I don't have a natural 5* retaliate weapon for, the only other one is 13 (and 1-3 but lol).

I do have a 4++ rune axe and that's 190 attack with synergy which is actually pretty solid and Gilgamesh can use axes, so maybe it's not worth it to pull and should keep saving.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hot damn, these FFVII elites -really- aren't messing around. They're rated like 15 levels lower than they feel.

Good luck if your 7 characters aren't close to cap (Cloud lol) and/or your FF7 gear isn't good.

(Jenova LIFE/DEATH are mitigated somewhat by being able to set up SG in the round prior at least, but even the trash hurts lol)

I think the fact that FF7 armor are almost all bangles are a double edged sword here. Lower DEF/RES than the other defensive items.

Falk

that puzzling face
They all do have somewhat specific strategies to beat them.

I think in hindsight for the two Jenova's, instead of mucking around with Planet Protector and a LV80 Cloud, a much safer way to do the two would have been mage meta and Sleep (lol)

The Ultima Weapon barrage is very retaliate friendly, because that allows you to pack something like Shellga/Protectga/Double Hit on Aerith. I don't think it's a coincidence that DeNA gave a free almost-5* sword kind of as a lower-boundary-stopgap for tuning the classic and elite VIIs in this batch, but man, all of them hit like trucks.

Just finished off Ultima Weapon. It uses AoE attacks 40% of the time (personal experience might vary I only saw single target moves in the final encounter) and more than a couple of those and you'll loose multiple damage medals. Break resistance (power and magic) is a thing too.

Well timed level ups from Aerith and Barret were appreciated.

Random tips would be:
*The Zephyr cloak from the FFVI event. Adds earth resistance and one of the AoE attacks Ultima Weapon does is earth based.
*Ultima Weapon is only weak to slow...take advantage of that.

Also Ultima weapon brings back my favorite trash from the FFVII dungeon. The bats which inexplicably seem to have more defence and HP than the other trash.

For Jenova DEATH I again forgot to try out the physical mitigation of draw fire to Dragon gloves equipped Cecil (fire resist)...in the +++ version I wound up giving the Dragon gloves to another party member while here I just bought protectga then reached the boss and was like "oh I was supposed to do something else here".

I think Cerberus borked in the VIII classic dungeon, he used triple and proceeded to do nothing the whole fight until his health got low where he cast berserk on my summoner (who was out of abilities lol) and continued to stand there while I pounded him into submission.

I think Cerberus borked in the VIII classic dungeon, he used triple and proceeded to do nothing the whole fight until his health got low where he cast berserk on my summoner (who was out of abilities lol) and continued to stand there while I pounded him into submission.
Maybe he was just tired.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hijinks time!

CuRM0DVl.jpg

image.php

iCyEhOXl.jpg

Overprepared for Shadow Flare. This was... uh, Sentinel's Grimoire, Magic Breakdown (it helps!), Shellga, and Aerith and Red XIII defending because they're squishy.

Gravijah

I've only been playing for a week or so now (technically I started my account around the time of the Rinoa event earlier in the year I believe) and I've done 1 11 pull and I know I did a few pulls when I played a while ago. The FF5 banner is coming up, and I feel like I should pull, not particularly for anything specific, but just because I'm super behind in relics. I know there's a better FF5 banner coming, plus all of the crazy banners in the coming months, but I'm in my middish 30s and up to Sealed Cave FFIII.

Like, as a new player I shouldn't be worrying about saving my mithril for upcoming banners and I really should pull, right?

LucaMac

Ultima weapon seemed the easiest of the VII bosses, much less health than the others and the trash round before the final encounter to heal up helped a lot. I didn't even realise he was slowable...Sentinal Grimore probably a good choice for RW. Advance isn't needed for retaliating with boost and the gold sword on Cloud.

EDIT: Holy moly. Three magic urns in a row in the daily. No majors and all lightnings, but can't really complain.

MrDaravon

FFV Banner hits tonight right? I'm back up over 50 Mythril, waiting for that to hit. I did one pull on the FFVI banner and got shit. FFVI is always my bae but there definitely seemed to be a consensus that the two FFVI banners going right now are largely shit and that the FFV banner is solid for a few different reasons.

Edit: I'm sort of stuck in the vortex that Gravijah above is in where was a newer player probably any banner is good just for stats on higher * stuff, but you look around anywhere and it seems like there is always some future event people are saving their Mythril for lol.

Can't wait for Gilgamesh, will give me a retaliator with a five star relic in two more realms, II and IV, giant gloves and kains lance, meaning I can retaliate with five star synergy, non tyro, in II, iv, vi, vii, viii, x, Xiv.

I too am debating a pull on this banner. I have pretty good synergy as it is:
Giant axe 4++ at 198 atk!
Rune axe 4+ at 164 atk
Flame rod 3++ at 125 mag
Judgment staff 5++ at 124 mag and 247 mnd
Unfortunately the swords and spears and bows I've pulled are either at 3 or 3+ and below my relics

Defensively I have:
Genji helm 5+ at 205/178 def/res
Thornlet 4++ at 156/138
Luminous robe 3++ 88/153
And some various Mage head gears that are all around 60s/120s.

So I dunno on this one. I definitely don't need to pull, but I really want to pull...and I have too much viii synergy to pull on the next event banner I think.

Hmm looking at reddit, Gilgas katana is only 207 with rs, so not significantly greater than my axe. Flame tongue sword a bit higher than that at 219, which would be an improvement, not sure how close to the soft cap those numbers are.

Decisions decisions.

Can't wait for Gilgamesh, will give me a retaliator with a five star relic in two more realms, II and IV, giant gloves and kains lance, meaning I can retaliate with five star synergy, non tyro, in II, iv, vi, vii, viii, x, Xiv.

I too am debating a pull on this banner. I have pretty good synergy as it is:
Giant axe 4++ at 198 atk!
Rune axe 4+ at 164 atk
Flame rod 3++ at 125 mag
Judgment staff 5++ at 124 mag and 247 mnd
Unfortunately the swords and spears and bows I've pulled are either at 3 or 3+ and below my relics

Defensively I have:
Genji helm 5+ at 205/178 def/res
Thornlet 4++ at 156/138
Luminous robe 3++ 88/153
And some various Mage head gears that are all around 60s/120s.

So I dunno on this one. I definitely don't need to pull, but I really want to pull...and I have too much viii synergy to pull on the next event banner I think.

Hmm looking at reddit, Gilgas katana is only 207 with rs, so not significantly greater than my axe. Flame tongue sword a bit higher than that at 219, which would be an improvement, not sure how close to the soft cap those numbers are.

Decisions decisions.

On the next V banner, Krile's SB does AoE damage and 100% chance of Stun.

I've only been playing for a week or so now (technically I started my account around the time of the Rinoa event earlier in the year I believe) and I've done 1 11 pull and I know I did a few pulls when I played a while ago. The FF5 banner is coming up, and I feel like I should pull, not particularly for anything specific, but just because I'm super behind in relics. I know there's a better FF5 banner coming, plus all of the crazy banners in the coming months, but I'm in my middish 30s and up to Sealed Cave FFIII.

Like, as a new player I shouldn't be worrying about saving my mithril for upcoming banners and I really should pull, right?
If you feel gear is a major bottleneck, don't be afraid to pull, since almost every item you get will be of use in some situations. That being said, I feel like the V banner is relatively weak, and holding out for the VIII banner in the next event gives you a shot at some extremely useful items and SB. Squall's SSB, Rinoa's Angel Wing Bolt, a 5* Gun, plus a bangle with weak AoE heal, a mage hat that can cast Protectga, and an unusually high-damage vanilla fist weapon. In other words, I feel it has much higher highs and far fewer 5* goose eggs overall

MicH

Bartz can also use bows for ranged spellblading. I have a 4*++ Hayate bow (V) which has 64 ATK before synergy. That's decent, I guess

On the next V banner, Krile's SB does AoE damage and 100% chance of Stun.

If you feel gear is a major bottleneck, don't be afraid to pull, since almost every item you get will be of use in some situations. That being said, I feel like the V banner is relatively weak, and holding out for the VIII banner in the next event gives you a shot at some extremely useful items and SB. Squall's SSB, Rinoa's Angel Wing Bolt, a 5* Gun, plus a bangle with weak AoE heal, a mage hat that can cast Protectga, and an unusually high-damage vanilla fist weapon. In other words, I feel it has much higher highs and far fewer 5* goose eggs overall

You make compelling points. The sbs with this v set are very underwhelming, none are must haves or game changers.

Red Mage

FFV Banner hits tonight right? I'm back up over 50 Mythril, waiting for that to hit. I did one pull on the FFVI banner and got shit. FFVI is always my bae but there definitely seemed to be a consensus that the two FFVI banners going right now are largely shit and that the FFV banner is solid for a few different reasons.

Edit: I'm sort of stuck in the vortex that Gravijah above is in where was a newer player probably any banner is good just for stats on higher * stuff, but you look around anywhere and it seems like there is always some future event people are saving their Mythril for lol.

Only thing really good in the V banner is Galuf's first weapon and the shield, which has Death Resistance.

You make compelling points. The sbs with this v set are very underwhelming, none are must haves or game changers.

Here, I'll give you a sales pitch on the next V event's banners. You've got the AoE 100% Cancel Rod for Krile, Faris gets an AoE DEF/RES Break, Bartz's Air Blade, and Galuf's AoE damage + party attack up. On the second, you've got Bartz's 5x hit + self ATK buff, the return of Gilgamesh and Galuf's first SB weapons, and Lenna's second SB, which is the same as Hymn of the Faith (AoE Heal + High Regen).

Personally, if I wanted V gear, the next two events have some great banners. And as you said, you're not terribly hurting in terms of V synergy. I've only got the 4* Rune Axe and Giant Axe in terms of synergy, and I don't have any issues letting Luneth and Paladin Cecil smack things with their axes. Just hope I get a few more copies during my next sets of pulls so I can really unleash the potency of the axes.

Razmos

Only thing really good in the V banner is Galuf's first weapon and the shield, which has Death Resistance.
Lies, Bartz dagger is also very good with high attack, increased wind damage and a Sap-proc SB.

The flametongue sword is also great, it has a unusually high 114 attack and increased fire damage, which is crazy for a spellblade with Firaga Strike

Falk

that puzzling face
The seems like it might be interesting as far as the + dailies go but the stages seem to have a bias towards one type of orb at the 4* level.
I'll still do full runs as I like the ability refresh and using up my RW deck.

Very compelling evidence for 4*. Sample sizes are way too small to be meaningful for 5*s so far. Needs to be at least an order of magnitude more.

(Not that that will be a problem in the long run since we're only barely past week 1 of + dailies)

Caught up on Classics. I've now Mastered all elites from FF1-FF3. Gonna start going through all the sub 100 difficulty elites I haven't completed next.

Having level 60 characters for every realm (except FFV) certainly gives me a lot more flexibility in party building. Also finally having r3 Breakdown abilities is helping a lot.

I haven't really jumped on the whole "mage meta" thing though. Probably because I can't hone enough decent summons (best I got is r4 Ramuh, although I could probably create like 1 or 2 4 star summons).

MicH

Lenna's Healing Staff has 179 MAG and 199 (+2 AUG) MND after synergy. That's damn good and means I can give Lenna my 5*++ Judgment Staff (which has an obscene amount of MND: 247 + 5 AUG with synergy) and my black mage of choice the Healing Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom