• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Finally got caught up in classics. Elites are up next. Got my revenge on Dark Bahamut. Those levels from orb fest made all the difference.

Earth Dragon down and I'm finished with all the Barts event battles before the bonuses unlock, I feel like I've finally broken the glass ceiling.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How do you do Galbadia Garden, Part 3? I assume you need a honed Carbanucle, lots of Bioga/ras, and maybe retameta?

Now I regret not getting lots of black orbs. :(

Wazzy

Banned
How do you do Galbadia Garden, Part 3? I assume you need a honed Carbanucle, lots of Bioga/ras, and maybe retameta?

Is that the Edea and Seifer fight? Also classic or elite?

I have an unfair advantage with my VIII gear but you'll definitely need honed Biora(this is actually enough if you're using Rinoa and hit them with mental breakdown, I was hitting 9999) or any of the better versions, magic breakdown, shellga and obviously some heals.

Seifer is a little bit harder to take down but Edea goes pretty fast. Also pair up with Sentinal summon to help survive their attacks since with Shellga and magic breakdown you shouldn't be getting hit hard.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is that the Edea and Seifer fight? Also classic or elite?

I have an unfair advantage with my VIII gear but you'll definitely need honed Biora(this is actually enough if you're using Rinoa and hit them with mental breakdown, I was hitting 9999) or any of the better versions, magic breakdown, shellga and obviously some heals.

Seifer is a little bit harder to take down but Edea goes pretty fast. Also pair up with Sentinal summon to help survive their attacks since with Shellga and magic breakdown you shouldn't be getting hit hard.

Yeah, elite.
I still don't have any breakdowns... still afraid to spend these orbs lest something comes up later. lol

Man, I guess Irvine gets a MC later on in an event, so it must just be easier to wait for that...

Road

Debating continue the bonus quests of doing daily. I have way too few Greater Ice Orbs, only 69, while all the other elements are over 120. It's weird why it is so low. My Blizzaja is still r3. Moreover, I have farmed some 20 GIO on that Kihmari boss fight. I guess DeNA just put way less GIO as rewards compared to the others.

Yeah, elite.
I still don't have any breakdowns... still afraid to spend these orbs lest something comes up later. lol

Man, I guess Irvine gets a MC later on in an event, so it must just be easier to wait for that...

Breakdowns aren't necessary, but the basic strategy for that fight does involve Mages for Seifer and Retaliate for Edea (and trash). This was my party, for instance: http://abload.de/img/eiqy5.png

You could always use Advantaliate. Seifer will take longer (~3k per hit), but you'll kill him.

LucaMac

So it isn't a lie. Got my first majors from todays daily. Dailies are soaking up stamina nicely. So much so that I decided to give the Japanese server a go. Hard to navigate as theres so much new options and many things are moved (such as optimise and remove all) and the menus are so different. Without japanese starting off was very tricky. Think ive worked out where everything is now, and if I cant remember boss conditions I can just google or open global to check. The early parts are a breeze with friend summons as an option so early. Starting to get into the swing of it now and enjoying it. First time now where ive had to stop and wait for stamina to refill...so I went back and did more global dailies.

Seifer has ridiculous physical defence (1535), Edea has ridiculous res (1535). Seifer can be put to sleep. So general strategy is put Seifer to sleep, burn him down as far as you can with magic and switch to retaliate for Edea.

It is one of the elites I have not bothered with (I will sometime as a major black orb is something I really need).

edit: *looks up something* Oh yeah that's right Edea uses Maelstrom immediately after Seifer is KOd dealing 50% to your party.

Falk

that puzzling face
edit: *looks up something* Oh yeah that's right Edea uses Maelstrom immediately after Seifer is KOd dealing 50% to your party.

ntrwsfE.png

i'm so bad at mspaint

Anyone know of a good place to see what all the record materias do to your stats? I'd like to see hard numbers for each one. For example the Gilgamesh record materia that ups defense when wearing heavy armor. Or the one that gives you Sap but ups attack. I need percentages!

Just asking again in case somebody knows

Falk

that puzzling face
Nerdery corner (Hard data, thanks Reddit)
Quick Info Spreadsheet useful for e.g. ctrl-f "5 - support" for finding who you can stick Full Break on, etc. Also sortable columns for stats, etc.

Has RM data on first sheet, one of the columns.

edit: Keep in mind that % stats is not equal to % damage reduced or increased. e.g. Devotion is 20% MAG which translates into 35% more damage. Battle Mechanics link in OP has actual formula you can plug in.

Razmos

Finally got a 5* relic from the FFV banner, the Aegis shield.

At first I was like "Aww damn it, another shield", but I already have a Protectga shield, and now I have a Shellga one too, which is nice.

Also its interesting that the shield has a small chance to Instant KO like the Zantetsuken. I thought I misread it at first and that it was resistance to KO, but nope.

Road

Next time you're feeling the urge to do relic draws until you get that one specific relic, watch this video first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytemZoSYGTE

Looking ahead at the Bartz/Gilgamesh boss rush and the conditions are so annoying: Fire, Water, Lightning and Silence. The multiple elements wouldn't be problem if Byblos (absorb everything but fire) and Archeoavis (changing elemental resistance) weren't in it, leaving some abilities utterly useless for some fights. As for Silence, well, RNG.

Next time you're feeling the urge to do relic draws until you get that one specific relic, watch this video first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytemZoSYGTE

Looking ahead at the Bartz/Gilgamesh boss rush and the conditions are so annoying: Fire, Water, Lightning and Silence. The multiple elements wouldn't be problem if Byblos (absorb everything but fire) and Archeoavis (changing elemental resistance) weren't in it, leaving some abilities utterly useless for some fights. As for Silence, well, RNG.

Archeoavis and Sand Worm in the same rush

image.php

Oh god, FF12 Demon Wall is the most annoying boss ever.

Yep they accurately incorporated that fight into Record Keeper :|

johnsmith

remember me
Wait Dark Bahamut starts the fight with a mega flare 100% of the time with no lead in are you fucking kidding?

Yep, full level 65 party is a requirement for the elite, along with res priority on all armor and accessories. You could also put the RM that begins the battle with shell on someone, gentle soul.

Yep, full level 65 party is a requirement for the elite, along with res priority on all armor and accessories. You could also put the RM that begins the battle with shell on someone, gentle soul.

Guess I picked a terrible stage to try and get a stam refresh off lol guess I'll flee and try another time, mega flare kills 3 chars :(

Jarekx

Finally was able to finish all normal battles of an event after restarting a month ago. I think I'll give the boss rush a go before it expires tonight, doesn't seem like it'll be too rough.

Edit: Boss rush down. No metals lost. Going to try and cheese Behemoth King.

Forgot about the 20 Giant Scarletites from the new +++. Those rewards would have been so great while having the "Material takes no inventory space" update. I have been selling like 95% of those everytime I get them because I simply have nothing to upgrade at the moment.

I waited until this afternoon to do the FF6 bonus stages. Those were all a joke thanks to paralyze. I barely took any damage from the boss rush, ++ or +++.

Time to give the FF5 ones a shot before going back to my classic/elite backlog.

Has RM data on first sheet, one of the columns.

edit: Keep in mind that % stats is not equal to % damage reduced or increased. e.g. Devotion is 20% MAG which translates into 35% more damage. Battle Mechanics link in OP has actual formula you can plug in.

Cool ty

elty

Wait Dark Bahamut starts the fight with a mega flare 100% of the time with no lead in are you fucking kidding?
It is actually pretty simple. First make sure you are high level enough, lv60 is enough. Prioritise res equipment.

Put auto shell on a knight (pal Cecil works well) in back row, auto haste on healer. Use draw fire on your knight immediately. he will attract all attacks and gives your healer time to heal your whole team. You can then proceed the boss as normal.

Just make sure you have your dispel ready.

Falk

that puzzling face
Still feel that AOE heal (Yuna's Heal + Regen is amazing) is the best RW here over having someone spend 5 actions healing one by one. If the first doesn't kill you, the next few 100% won't kill you especially when you can utilize Magic Breakdown, Shellga, heck, even have low characters Defend if you muck things up somehow.

Road

Another set of easy bonus battles, no need to level up Bartz and Gilgamesh. Necrophobe is a punching bag. Sand Worm was the actual most annoying boss -- really hate its battle RNG cheating mechanic.

Spellblade meta welcomes its new member:

Still feel that AOE heal (Yuna's Heal + Regen is amazing) is the best RW here over having someone spend 5 actions healing one by one. If the first doesn't kill you, the next few 100% won't kill you especially when you can utilize Magic Breakdown, Shellga, heck, even have low characters Defend if you muck things up somehow.

That is, if you're not using Advance...

Balphon

Kind of a random objective for a bonus quest, but I'll take it.

That is, if you're not using Advance...

One assumes they will be making those mechanics changes to global sooner rather than later, so now is as good a time as any to stop!

Balphon

I'm noticing that the quest links in the announcement will allow you to get to the dungeon select screen even when you're already in one.

Seems like a great way to break something.

Falk

that puzzling face
In case you're dum like me, there are three quests today: one in Bonus Quests, and two in Event Quests.

(Easy to miss since the announcement made it seem like the Event Quests would be during FFVIII event)

I didn't notice em at first either. Pretty unassuming.

So looking ahead at what this game is going to become, I'm thinking of saving all my mythril for Clouds Fenrir Super Soul Break thingy. I've been burned before trying to get a specific relic and never seeing it drop, but this new type of Relic that gives you new abilities over your attack and defend commands looks so grossly over powered compared to everything else in the game. This is the biggest "power creep" jump I've seen and imo it's now entirely pointless to spend money or drop mythril on anything else until these Super Super Soul Break relics start showing up. There's no telling what kind of difficulty jumps Dena will place thanks to the over powered stuff like Clouds Fenrir. It's obvious that it's a natural progression to get more players to keep spending money, however it's funny to me that we can practically see the future thanks to the Japanese version. Anyway, I hope I get it whenever I get the chance!

It is actually pretty simple. First make sure you are high level enough, lv60 is enough. Prioritise res equipment.

Put auto shell on a knight (pal Cecil works well) in back row, auto haste on healer. Use draw fire on your knight immediately. he will attract all attacks and gives your healer time to heal your whole team. You can then proceed the boss as normal.

Just make sure you have your dispel ready.

Yeah but I still have very few characters that high of level, and even if I did as I didn't know about his instant mega flare earlier I didn't stack my characters with res gear or heal them in the prior fight. I suppose I could have used a mythril to full heal my party but I dunno if some of them would have lived. Gonna use today to grind some characters to 60+ before continuing the classic dungeons.

I also don't have dispel rip

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, I'm going to be strong this banner since I already have 2 FFVIII swords (both generic 5*s - Betrayal Sword and Blitz Sword) and SSB Fest isn't all that far away.

MicH

I have somehow managed to get both of Squall's gunblades so far, so I'm not planning on pulling on the VIII banner either. Wouldn't a VIII rod, but I'm not really feeling the ones featured here

elty

I officially giveup on 100gem pull. I did all 30 something of them and never a5*.

Feels good to save like 8 bucks a month.

I have Revolver.

Considering dungeons-wise for FFVIII the next update is all there is for at least 6 months and the next event is also about 4 months later for someone caught up FFVIII won't get much mileage compared with other realms. FFVIII is a realm that has very little 3* and 4* items so relics tend to be rare there.

But of course the Blasting Zone SSB is apparently really good but the chance of pulling an Ochu tentacle is not :(
until core beastmaster is made...

Today's bonus quests are thankfully from the Earth/Fire orb daily and not the upgrade material daily (would be annoying to be rewarded upgrade materials from that).

If people were wondering what undying fist is for...being used as an RW in ridiculous self imposed challenges. Speaking of which why is vacuum wave and AoE attack?

MicH

Mastered all the FFV bonus battles. Overall not really hard, Sandworm was the most annoying battle. Was lucky to have my R1 Yukikaze blind Gilgamesh on my first use in the ++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom