• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tokyo Ghoul:re 53

HShy8Lk.jpg

Point Blank Bomber Hype.

Don't die on me now Shirazu.

That hallucination sequence was amazing.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 54

JHpcIt8.jpg

Well the new Kaneki has been released and he looks even more insane.

Kaneki is back but not the one we've known from part 1 (Shironeki), but the one that's kept himself inside.

OoJmgDH.jpg

That character development.

I'm glad Noro finally got himself rekted at the end since he's been continuously spamming his regeneration and destroying his squad. However, it's going to come at the price of Shirazu becoming a half ghoul that can't eat normal food or basically dying. That's the price of breaking frame 5. Still the character development of Shirazu and Urie has been fantastic. Urie was worried about Shirazu dying and acknowledging Shirazu's skills. Shirazu himself has turned into a wonderful leader and even showed what a Ukaku's agility is capable of.

Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 54

Why did his hair suddenly go back to being black? :I

It's blood, I mean he did get his skull crushed.

Clegg

I've reread 20th Century Boys over the last week. The first 150 or so chapters are still incredible. The suspense, drama and plat all move perfectly. It lost its way after that but was still entertaining in a more mindless way.

Does anyone know of similar manga to it, but not written by Urasawa? I've read his other stuff.

Lain

Innocent Volume 6
BIAb.jpg

The breakup between Charles and Marie was pretty sad. Kind of annoying even, especially since it all came out of a single night of sex between Charles and the other Marie. The first time Charles discovered what a pussy feels like, he changed into an asshole to his sister.

My admiration for Marie keeps going up and up. When her age came up again in the volume I remembered how young she is and the tenacity she shows is really something. Her way of thinking is great. She's not even wrong in her understanding of men I'd say, given the shit she went through inside and outside her own family. She might be a bit, or a lot, fucked up but damn if I didn't like how she managed to cut that head.

I started reading The Climber just to get some more of this man art and story.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yesterday wo Utatte ch. 1-50

This is such a soap opera and I'm enjoying it.

This better not peter out towards the end.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The art in this recent chapter of Tokyo Ghoul was not very conducive in letting me know what the hell was going on. Correct me if I'm wrong:

Kaneki woke up and killed Kanae with a pole
Someone then started jumping all over the place (Kaneki?) for unknown reasons
Kaneki really kills Kanae
Flashback or Tsukiyama actually telling Kaneki about owl
Kaneki then killed and/or stabbed Tsukiyama
Owl was just sitting around watching?
Shirazu did something which caused his ghoul limiter to potentially break, then did a random shooting move (could not tell at all, just used the bullet reference afterwards) to maybe wound the big bad
Big Bad stabs Shirazu
Urie does something to someone or he gets stabbed? Don't understand the last panel at all

I only gathered this by reactions and rereading. The first time through I didn't get it at all.

The art in this recent chapter of Tokyo Ghoul was not very conducive in letting me know what the hell was going on. Correct me if I'm wrong:

Shirazu did something which caused his ghoul limiter to potentially break, then did a random shooting move (could not tell at all, just used the bullet reference afterwards) to maybe wound the big bad
Big Bad stabs Shirazu
Urie does something to someone or he gets stabbed? Don't understand the last panel at all

I only gathered this by reactions and rereading. The first time through I didn't get it at all.

Yeeeaaaah, Ishida needs to work on his panels and action scenes. I reread multiple chapters of Tokyo Ghoul like three times in order to get what the fuck is going on in an action scene.

Big Bad stabs Shirazu

here's a summary from reddit about this chapter
Pg 1: We are out of Haise’s head and back to seeing Kanae beating him again. Suddenly we see a kagune lash out and Kanae screams.
Pg 3: We see Kanae’s arm fly up. The middle panel is Kanae bleeding and freaking out, Eto catches the arm and appears interested.
Pg 4: Shuu looks up and is concerned for Kanae. We see a dark haired Kanaki (likely stained with blood) with his hand on Kanae’s head, whose hand is attempting to heal and is screaming and sobbing. Kaneki’s kagune forms a hand shape and grabs a pipe. (His hair might stay that way for a while, Ishida recently posted a poem[4] accompanied by a drawing of Kaneki and one of the lines talks about bloodstained hair not washing out).
Pg 5: Kaneki tells him to shut up while holding a pipe (I can’t get over how much I like this page).
Pg 6: Kaneki stabs Kanae through the eye a la Arima. Kanae screams.
Pg 7: Kanae is screaming (he’s on the right in the top image, the speech bubbles are originating from him) and Kaneki jumps to dodge his kagune. Kanaki jumps to dodge and Kanae isn’t sure where he went (you can see Kaneki right behind him).
Pg 8: Kaneki suddenly appears behind Kanae and uses his kagune, forming hand-like projections to stab him from behind. We see Shuu slumped on the floor in the bottom left.
Pg 9: Kaneki approaches Shuu, who asks if he is Kaneki. Kaneki remembers Nico telling him who the one-eyed king is, we finally get the full details from this scene[5] in chapter 87 of the original TG. Kaneki addresses Tsukiyama by name and tells him yes. Eto retreats back into her owl form.
Pg 10: Kaneki suddenly stabs Shuu in the stomach (he does this, not Eto. Look at the bottom right panel, you see his kagune[6] , he is probably doing this to keep Shuu out of the fight.) [It’s also worth noting that I read from people who can read the scans in Japanese that Kaneki speaks “harsher” than he did even as Shironeki, take that with a grain of salt, I am just repeating info I heard]. Eto wonders if he is stronger than Arima and Kaneki tells her to just die.
Pg 11: We cut back to Shirazu fighting Noro’s weird mouth kagune.
Pg 12: Shirazu jumps along the kagune and attempts to dodge Noro. He worries that if he doesn’t kill Noro everyone else there will die. He remembers back to the time he was told about the Quinx operation.
Pg 13: Shirazu doesn’t want to leave his sister alone and continues to fight. I think the panel on the top right with all the “more’s” is supposed to be Shirazu breaking through the quinque steel layers of his kagune. Saiko is watching him, on the ground crying and Urie starts to get up, heavily injured.
Pg 14: Shirazu continues to bomb Noro with his projectile kagune, worring about Noro’s healing ability. Urie sits up and sees him fighting.
Pg 15: Shirazu ask Urie if he’s hit Noro with enough of his kagune bullets, basically inviting him to finish Noro off. On the very left panel Shirazu appears to get stabbed by Noro.
Pg 16: Urie gets up and runs in to attack. He thinks that he doesn’t want Shirazu to die (god I love how much Urie has changed).
Pg 17: Noro’s kagune says “I’ll see you on the other side Eto”, possibly indicating that they’ve finally done enough to actually kill him. Urie slices through Noro with his kagune.

Revo

Tower of God s2ep177

last page baam is pretty cool
RIP dude, you were an unimportant side char
yeon flames OP now, guess she doesn't need baam anymore

Nordicus

Hazuki Kanon wa Amakunai 25

zhID4O7.jpg

KGNZ1u6.gif

Is... is the series gonna be over soon already? Please let this merely be a change to status quo and let it continue!

Dance with Devils -Blight- 01

girl with a slight brother complex encounters one of the many devils in her school

less amusing than the anime where we don't get sudden musical numbers and also of one of the least interesting guys to boot

Kvik

I was on my way to read the latest chapter of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, but got sidetracked by Takane no Hana nara Ochitekoi!!, in which the male protagonist shares some similar features with Mikorin in Nozaki-kun. (ie. male tsundere).

Highly recommended if you're Mikorin fan.

Witch of the Old World

an one shot about an executioner who beheads mages that suddenly enter the world. one day a girl comes down as a mage and he discovers the truth

very interesting premise, I rather liked it. It definitely did a good enough job of making me interested enough to what to see more of how this story develops

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I was on my way to read the latest chapter of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, but got sidetracked by Takane no Hana nara Ochitekoi!!, in which the male protagonist shares some similar features with Mikorin in Nozaki-kun. (ie. male tsundere).

Highly recommended if you're Mikorin fan.

Okay, this is hilarious. It's a Mikorin and Kashima spin off.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni 1-5

Oh my, a young high school girl fell in love with her part time work manager, a 45 y.o single father. Manager looks like that chief from patlabor (the one that Shouta used to use as avatar)

Dungeon Meshi 19

Scholar gnome is an asshole. So permanent death cannot happen in dungeon since the soul is binded to the owner body unlike the outside world. Such a simple explanation, but totally a great way to inform the reader on how Dungeon Meshi world works. This is some good world building. It open up a lot of interpretation on why this dungeon exist. The ecology for it probably related to the adventurer killing monster to ensure there's enough spirit/blood/energy (since spirit are shown to be in a form of a gas based on previous chapter) to fuel the dungeon and make it work.

Gekkan Shojo Nozaki kun 71

Height gap is real.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've been out of the loop. Has anyone picked up any interesting romcom or just rom manga? I've been searching and I haven't found any really....

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I've been out of the loop. Has anyone picked up any interesting romcom or just rom manga? I've been searching and I haven't found any really....

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni

Takane no Hana nara Ochitekoi!!

Jitsu wa watashi wa

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

Otouto no Otto 1

A single father get a sudden visit by his twin brother husband, a canadian named Mike Flanagan. This could be interesting. The father is clearly ignorant, but since maybe this could lead to a heartwarming tale about understanding each other. The author is apparently a famous Bara mangaka. That explain that fanservice scene.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Well there's Ore Monogatari but you might already know that

Thanks. I checked this out a while back and unfortunately didn't like the art...

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni

Takane no Hana nara Ochitekoi!!

Jitsu wa watashi wa

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

Otouto no Otto 1

A single father get a sudden visit by his twin brother husband, a canadian named Mike Flanagan. This could be interesting. The father is clearly ignorant, but since maybe this could lead to a heartwarming tale about understanding each other. The author is apparently a famous Bara mangaka. That explain that fanservice scene.

Thanks. Will check these out.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword vol.3 ch.15
Only Baki can see the old man and Fugo? What the hell is happening here? Is it possible that the old man live in another dimesion? The plot thicken.

Zweizer

Banned
Takane no Hana nara Ochitekoi!! ch1-2 by Natsume Ayano

An extremely popular guy is being eclipsed by a natural ladykiller girl. As the two try to change her habits, will he manage to surpass her without falling for her?

nBhJyeo.png

Smooth~
9DYWfhm.png

Oh yes, my Queen!

This is both hilarious and cute~

Busaiku

Tanaka is Always Listless

It's kind of cool that Tanaka actually got his wish.
After all the side characters were introduced, the series actually places him in the background.

bobohoro

Tokyo Ghoul is that complicated that people have to do page by page summaries?

I'd say it's more convulted and messy rather than actually complicated, because it can be understood rather easily when you put in the work to read back through the series and look hard enough at the art to get what is going on. And maybe keep a character tree.
But personally, I'd say it's not worth the effort and just like it for Kaneki hopefully fucking stuff up in the future.

Fairy Tail 465

Natsu is going to reveal his tennis arm.

dr labson

Neo Member
So I started on some of the harem series that Zweizer mentioned and recommended a few days back.

Tales of wedding rings Ch 1 - 10

Wow, this manga give the one of the best justification for a harem.
Main guy is suppose to marry multiple princesses for the magic rings to save the world.
He also has to build social links with all of them in order for the rings to actually work, even though he is just in love with Hime so you get why the harem is necessary.
Why can't all harems series be this good?

Big Bad stabs Shirazu

It's because of the shitty scans because the art in the Tankoban release and even the Digital Young Jump release shows quite a big jump in quality. So it's really not because of Ishida's art but the scans you're reading. Part 1 Tokyo Ghoul was using the Tankoban releases.

Basically you're not reading Tokyo Ghoul at its best quality.

For example here's the difference shown
http://i.imgur.com/71WtYuj.jpg

There's definitely a big jump in quality between the two.

Zweizer

Banned
So I started on some of the harem series that Zweizer mentioned and recommended a few days back.

Main guy is suppose to marry multiple princesses for the magic rings to save the world.
He also has to build social links with all of them in order for the rings to actually work, even though he is just in love with Hime so you get why the harem is necessary.

Glad that you're enjoying it, even though I find it inferior to Maybe's previous series, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, though the latter isn't a harem manga.

dramatis

Dude, the only justification for a harem is historical.

Inari, Konkon, koi Iroha 50 (end)

Damn... I've cried :/
I didn't know I'd enjoy a shojo someday, but that was a very good ride. From chapter 1 to this end, pure happiness ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom