• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Seven Seas licenses Magia the Ninth

YqDPuIV.png

famous musical composers as demon hunters? ok then

Nice cover, but the synopsis isn't making me want and read it.

Seven Seas licenses Please Tell Me! Galko-chan

man, pretty nice to see seven seas grabbing a wide variety of new titles

Now this, this I'll get.

Dramatic ni Ubae! 1
Concept is far from unique as its another one of those Sekaiichi Hatsukoi person in a non otaku department gets transfered to the manga department and has to learn how it works and works with the person who is rude and mean but secretly caring seme. Its funny at times and executes everything well. Will keep following it. Kakeru is good.

Quonny

Just ordered the Black Lagoon bundle from Rightstuf. My friend was ranting and raving about it, offered me $20 if I didn't like it. Took him up on it!

First ever foray into this medium. Never read any manga or western comic books for that matter. I guess we'll see.

Oh, and hi.

Yeah, Black Lagoon is a damn fine starting point. It's actually something I recommend fairly regularly, it's got a lot of western action tropes (with an especially notable nod towards all things Grindhouse) which makes it easier for people to ease in.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tomo chan wa onna no ko 223
Tomo use shoulder grab
it's super effective!

How i stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumble upon zenithian sword vo.3 ch 23

Training montage with G-gundam reference? I APPROVE!
After so many chapter, Baki finally has a haircut befitting of shonen protagonist...oh wait, he's around 35 y.o now. (lol)

Match girl 4

Wow, i was expecting something horrible happened. Instead, i got FEEL.
Bravo author. BRAVO

Tsumasaki Kara Aisarete 1

Excellent start to a BL manga. Though to go from breaking up with your longtime boyfriend to now at someones doorsteps trying to get them to give you attention was an unusual place to start. I hope it develops into something deeper, though I guess they are going to be tied together due to the pervy nature of their relationship.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 5-7
Dear lord, both of them is best kind of genius dumb.
She really want Shirogane wiener :^)
Wait, is it Kabedoon or Kabedaan? I'm confused.
Personally, i like the beach more. No, not because of swimsuit, but seafood. Yeah, capture some fish then grill them or using bonfire to cook them... or just go to a seaside restaurant.

Zweizer

Banned
Just ordered the Black Lagoon bundle from Rightstuf. My friend was ranting and raving about it, offered me $20 if I didn't like it. Took him up on it!

First ever foray into this medium. Never read any manga or western comic books for that matter. I guess we'll see.

Oh, and hi.

Hi there, and welcome!

Black Lagoon is a fine starting point, and if you feel like reading something in the other direction, I'd recommend picking up Yotsuba&! as well.

kasane

ballroom is bad tho

that's how you get a bad rep

nuh uh uh no you didnt

Oh, and hi.

hi ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jintor

Hi there, and welcome!

Black Lagoon is a fine starting point, and if you feel like reading something in the other direction, I'd recommend picking up Yotsuba&! as well.

didn't yotsuba say she came from an island to the *points in random direction*?

probably not rowanapur

Oh, and hi.

Get Berserk! It's the best of the best. A true masterpiece.

dani_dc

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 5-7
Dear lord, both of them is best kind of genius dumb.
She really want Shirogane wiener :^)
Wait, is it Kabedoon or Kabedaan? I'm confused.
Personally, i like the beach more. No, not because of swimsuit, but seafood. Yeah, capture some fish then grill them or using bonfire to cook them... or just go to a seaside restaurant.

How's this series overall?

Dio

Banned
Yakuza 5 came out today in the west.

I just walked into a convenience store.

You can read the ENTIRE FIRST CHAPTER of any of these series: A-Bout, Ahiru no Sora, Baby Steps, Be Dash!, BLACK OUT, Chojin Gakuen, Countrouble, FAIRY TAIL, GE Good Ending, Hajime no Ippo, A Town Where You Live, Attack on Titan, Sherlock Bones, Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome, Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, Animal Land, Cage of Eden, Initial D, Kaiji (the Kazuya-hen arc,) Ghost in the Shell, Minami-ke, PONCHO, Sengoku, Suna no Eikan, and Kurono Royale.

This is surreal.

I also recognize Serani Poji playing over the convenience story speakers. I have that CD.

I don't know any other videogame on the planet that has kinda thing in it.

Dio

Banned
Yeah Yakuza 5 sounds insane. I heard you could go to an arcade and play Virtua Fighter 2 online and if you have a fightstick it works.

I'm playing the game right now, and yep, you can.

You can buy Outrun, Sega Rally and Daytona music for you to play as your race your car on the highway, too.

There's a million god damned things to do in this game and I'm not even done with the first part of the first chapter of this game. There are multiple cities and playable characters, too, so the fact that all this stuff is just in Fukuoka with Kazuma Kiryu is nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom