• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember that weird incesty Folgers commercial?

Are the Folgers siblings boinking?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtmd

Banned
I'm a cynic but I thought the advert was sentimentally nice *shrugs

I get the interpretation though so merry Christmas ya filthy animals

Hazmat

It's Christmas on GAF, I've seen a thread about Zwarte Piet and now the incesty coffee commercial. If we can just get a thread where someone thinks they're the first person to realize that the lyrics to Baby It's Cold Outside can be interpreted as pretty fucked up the holiday season will be complete.

Seriously though, I like the jokes around this ad. I always found it's tone a little bit off.

y6NWuLC.png

MjhuaY5.png

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
The piece really does speak to the oppression people who truly want to love each other in our society face while we historically give a pass to a large segment that shouldn't be together and are doomed to fail. If everyone, including those who are doomed to fail, are given the chance to love then we really should let EVERYONE have a chance to love. The idea that coming into this world through the same hole as your partner meaning you cannot be together is so 20th century and simply has to stop. We sit in front of our screens and laugh and point at how "nasty" it is that siblings are sexually active and ignorant parents are behaving like antibodies trying to eradicate a vile virus from their household like this isn't a tragedy reaction to perfectly natural and logical act between siblings.

EDIT: God please stop quoting this :( I've made my point but I'm beginning to think people are taking it out of context. And I'm not fucking my sister for goodness sakes
(not giving a pass at people who shame sibling love)

EDIT 2: Can you also not post this line or the lines above it?

Culex

Banned
The piece really does speak to the oppression people who truly want to love each other in our society face while we historically give a pass to a large segment that shouldn't be together and are doomed to fail. If everyone, including those who are doomed to fail, are given the chance to love then we really should let EVERYONE have a chance to love. The idea that coming into this world through the same hole as your partner meaning you cannot be together is so 20th century and simply has to stop. We sit in front of our screens and laugh and point at how "nasty" it is that siblings are sexually active and ignorant parents are behaving like antibodies trying to eradicate a vile virus from their household like this isn't a tragedy reaction to perfectly natural and logical act between siblings.

Except there is a scientific, genetic reasoning behind it. Births through incest carry exponentially higher rates of defects.

ColdPizza

Banned

It only took until post #23...wow

BFIB

You have to be your uncles favorite nephew.

Ran rp

cSyHoGN.gif

hipbabboom

Except there is a scientific, genetic reasoning behind it. Births through incest carry exponentially higher rates of defects.

Sometimes science gets it wrong though. Even something like climate change is still heavily debated. People show me shapes to try to determine how I feel about issues and now I'm supposed to beleive such a faulty thing is supposed to dictate who I love?

HUELEN10

It never even occurred to me that someone might think incest when seeing the ad. Seriously, there is nothing sexual in the ad.

Scotia

Banned

So YOU'RE sister fucker

studyguy

This goddamn commercial will forever be burned into my brain.

I feel like that commercial had to have won some kind of award. It permeated the fabric of the 90's era television to the point where literally everyone from the time remembers it.
I don't know why, it just did. I can remember every fucking line.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It never even occurred to me that someone might think incest when seeing the ad. Seriously, there is nothing sexual in the dad.
It's largely the way he looks at her so long and the fact that if it didn't mention they were brother and sister, you'd probably think they were lovers. I mean it's not explicit but if you found out later they were actually banging I certainly wouldn't be surprised

I never thought there was anything that weird about this commercial.

It shows two siblings that love each other. Not in a sexual way though. People are gross.

I feel like that commercial had to have won some kind of award. It permeated the fabric of the 90's era television to the point where literally everyone from the time remembers it.

I didn't even live in America when this commercial was on TV, I just came during the summer/winter and it still fucking worked on me.

hipbabboom

So YOU'RE sister fucker

Showing a little understanding for your fellow man and being a staunch supporter of people's right to choose meaning I have to be labeled with a pejorative then its a small price to pay for being on the right side of history. Many people have stood on the right side when it wasn't a popular thing to do... the rest of you will eventually come over so call me what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom