• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xane

Btw what Skell model are you using?

I used the last lv30 Heavy Skell up to 50 and now using a Medium lv50 mech kitted for Melee. Hits like a truck with two buster melee weapons. I kill these Skells in two shots and have unlimited fuel as one of the two arts stagger the enemy -> L+R on hit, recharge fuel.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Somebody on reddit posted a reference where to find items:
FYI that is copyrighted material from the Prima Guide. Not sure mods are cool with that being posted here. (As in those are literally scans/PDFs of the pages)

aravuus

Somebody on reddit posted a reference where to find items:

Yeah, this is from the eguide. I've avoided posting pictures since I'm not sure Primagames is cool with that.

I mean, collectible locations is all the guide's good for anyway har har

Rodin

Wait what? There are heart to heart conversations? I never had one in 25 hours (just completed chapter 5). Are they missable?

69wpm

FYI that is copyrighted material from the Prima Guide. Not sure mods are cool with that being posted here. (As in those are literally scans/PDFs of the pages)

Yeah, this is from the eguide. I've avoided posting pictures since I'm not sure Primagames is cool with that.

I mean, collectible locations is all the guide's good for anyway har har

Crap, didn't know. Deleted the pics.

hohoXD123

At the stage now where I can change around my party members. Do I really have to keep coming back to NLA and speaking to the characters to switch them out? Must be a much easier way surely.

Kiryu

I am lvl 24. I am in middle of Hope's Affinity Quest. (I only finished Chapter 4 recently and wanted to try Hope out.)

But holy smokes...!

I have to walk that far from NLA to Cauldros (SP?) and it does really take me maybe 1 to 2 hours on a foot.

(Of course I know fast travel feature but I can't when it's unexplored/probe place.)

Question? Do the story missions introduce you to the new continents or do they assume you may have been?

I found the entrances to Noctlim (and another one but I couldn't pass the enemies). I haven't done mission 4 (and don't plan to for a while) but I have affinity missions I'm qualified for that are in that continent.

I wonder what happens if I go there before the story happens?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Chapter 4 literally starts with "Go to Noctilum". But no you can go anywhere in game you want as long as you can survive.

desu

Nothing, you can get everywhere from level 1 on. Story will obviously require you to go there sooner or later but there are no penalties or anything. Just makes it faster to progress in the main story missions.

edissonlcn

Neo Member
Question? Do the story missions introduce you to the new continents or do they assume you may have been?

I found the entrances to Noctlim (and another one but I couldn't pass the enemies). I haven't done mission 4 (and don't plan to for a while) but I have affinity missions I'm qualified for that are in that continent.

They will eventually ask you to explore x% of a map before you can accept the main story quest. I think it starts to happen at chaper 5.

Thud

Has anyone had any issues with the quest from the Lady that dislikes Ma-Non and wants you to ask around for opinions?

I went to the three places, the map says there should be someone to survey on the Tennis Court, but there's no one there at either night or day.

Yeah it's not at the tennis court. It's the worker near the machinery opposite to the court.

The follow ball is not that precise, but it is within a certain radius.

Has anyone had any issues with the quest from the Lady that dislikes Ma-Non and wants you to ask around for opinions?

I went to the three places, the map says there should be someone to survey on the Tennis Court, but there's no one there at either night or day.

I had this, had to run around a bit before they showed up, possibly a time of day issue?

The squad taking a day off to go pool-hopping in the residential area.

XX84Sc1.jpg

Chapter 4 literally starts with "Go to Noctilum". But no you can go anywhere in game you want as long as you can survive.

Yeah, on some missions, the follow ball led me into very dangerous territory. Those high level enemies are just so daunting to be around, because if you even sneeze, they'll target you and kill you on the spit.

I can't trigger Elma's second heart to heart to appear in my map. What the fuck. I have the third and fourth appear but second refuses to do so haha. I have a cat in there too.
Got the same problem. Got the 5th one on my map too, but just can't get the second one.

Wait what? There are heart to heart conversations? I never had one in 25 hours (just completed chapter 5). Are they missable?
Yeah there are, but the system is absolutely ridiculous. In the city there are those unnamed NPCs with yellow dialogue boxes and when you pass them you'll get the heart to heart on your map if that dialogue box is about your party character. Often times they're about tyrants or treasures or such.

The dialogue boxes also aren't all there immediately but they become available after doing certain things (such as completing a certain quest).

They can be pretty hard to find too since they're not visible to very far. And I'm pretty sure at least some of them are in place only at night or day.

Fandangox

Yeah it's not at the tennis court. It's the worker near the machinery opposite to the court.

The follow ball is not that precise, but it is within a certain radius.

I didn' use the follow ball, but I had checked out that area and didn't find them either.

Rodin

Got the same problem. Got the 5th one on my map too, but just can't get the second one.

Yeah there are, but the system is absolutely ridiculous. In the city there are those unnamed NPCs with yellow dialogue boxes and when you pass them you'll get the heart to heart on your map if that dialogue box is about your party character. Often times they're about tyrants or treasures or such.

The dialogue boxes also aren't all there immediately but they become available after doing certain things (such as completing a certain quest).

They can be pretty hard to find too since they're not visible to very far. And I'm pretty sure at least some of them are in place only at night or day.

Yellow icons citizen seem to unlock them for me.
Though, it's rare.

Thanks guys. I don't like this one bit though lol

Nothing, you can get everywhere from level 1 on. Story will obviously require you to go there sooner or later but there are no penalties or anything. Just makes it faster to progress in the main story missions.

They will eventually ask you to explore x% of a map before you can accept the main story quest. I think it starts to happen at chaper 5.

Thanks. I want to finish all of the other Xeno games (I'm in various states of completion in all three including Xenosaga Episode III) before getting to far in the story.

So I decided I wouldn't go past chapter 4. I'm having so much fun though that I'm try to do all side missions I can.

I'm also climbing a ton of mountains by foot for fun and running past high level enemies to discover a lot more of Primordia then I should at this point.

Raide

How is the game visually?

Stunning in places. Textures are a little rough, plenty of jaggies but the sheer massive scale just makes all of that seem minor.

They could have made it even better looking if the scale was not so epic. Most of NLA is not really needed yet it fills out the world. The actual world could also be much smaller and more dense with things to do.

Teletraan1

Banned
I am really enjoying the game for the mostpart. I just got flight for my skell and it is pretty damn amazing to be able to take off in NL+A and fly anywhere. I think exploring through the entire game has been the real highlight. It really does make you feel like you are on a dangerous planet although some of the enemy levels/placement seems a bit unfair with how stupid your party AI is. Outside of the standard stuff people are complaining about that really is my biggest complaint. For example. Just after getting my skell for the first time I go to do an affinity mission for Doug and there is a level 50-60 monster hovering over the ones I am supposed to kill. It wouldn't leave and it took me 4 tries and 2 skell 1 shot deaths to pull the group of them far enough away before the idiotic AI would AOE and pull that monster into the fight. This is the perfect example of why I dislike party RPG that rely heavily on AI. If you are going to take control away from the player at least design the systems so the braindead AI's AOE doesn't pull in extra.

I got stuck on Alexa's recruitment mission so I switched my control to Irina for the healing control soul voices. (That damn turtle)

Man the AI sucks at controlling heals. It's like how controlling Sharla made the fights that much easier. The AI Irina can't controll aggro either so she kept getting one-shot by the thing's aoe.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
After 28 hours I'm at level 19 and in the middle of chapter 5. I'm really enjoying this game. As I don't have too much time to play during the day, I fucked up all my nights this week by going to sleep at 3 in the morning (while I get up early for work), but I really can't stop playing this once I'm in. During the day, at work, from time to time I read the many pages that are newly written in this thread and sometime I get some interesting hints for future quests and such.

I would say that in order to fully enjoy this you need to do several simple things for the beginning of the game:

• Don't disable the button prompts and messages on screen, except for the L+A social shit. Most of the time there are important things written there that many are missing, going by the comments in this thread.
  • Read the NPCs messages on your way, you would really use some of those hints later
  • Open each branch from the menu and go everywhere, otherwise you will miss things like the fact that you can get BP from Collectopedia or augment weapons
  • Upgrade mechanical level first and foremost
  • Invest a lot of miranium in the AMs
  • Don't rush into the story, do normal missions, there are a lot of nice ones there
  • Don't take any fetch quest voluntarily and if you're forced into one, check if you can't get those by exchanging reward tickets.
  • Always save before accepting an affinity quest
  • Edit: I forgot to add a very important one - install probes wherever you go. Install all the probes you get from treasures. Especially the mining and research probes. Link similar probes together for boost and always check the resources on that place before choosing the probe type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom