• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! ch28

It'd be way easier on you to just admit everything, Akina~

jqM5hf1.png

*spits juice*

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I haven't read the Shokugeki spoilers other than the anime season 2 announcement, but assuming that Soma wins, I'm of two minds. One, its dumb if he gets away with brute forcing it, but two, I think people are simply underestimating one crucial point: the Shokugeki being rigged is dumb as fuck and contradicts the point of the manga entirely. Sure, its not super clever, but it does seem important to establish that Central can't rig them if the food is good enough so we don't have to assume every random Central-allied opponent is cheating.

Shoujotachi no Kaidan 1-5 (END)
If my old stuffed animals ever found out where I'm living now I'd be utterly screwed.

Short shoujo horror anthology, with no real overarching theme. It's almost a given when you glue together a variety of authors, but the individual stories were hit-and-miss, both in terms of quality and horror content. Fortunately two of them were excellent enough to justify enduring the rest (and surprise surprise, they were the more gruesome ones).

Toriko 351

This chapter... where did it come from that Asarudy bit

Don is some crazy Organism thing... but what about that Food Spirit in Area 7? it didn't show itself

Oh well I guess we will understand it later on

Urban Tales 1

OEqVzuS.jpg

Slice-of-comedy series about two German high-schoolers, one of whom has the surname Himmler and is the great granddaughter of "some german army commander". At first I was bewildered, then I looked at the author and everything (unfortunately) began to make sense. Shame, since the colour art and off-the-wall humour had a charm to it.

Shokugeki no Soma (Cover and Lead Color)
My Hero Academia
Black Clover
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Assassination Classroom
Koroshiya Domino (One Shot, CP, 45p by Dainenpyou )
World Trigger
Haikyu!
Samon-kun the Summoner
Mononofu
The Disaster of PSI Kusuo Saiki
Buddy Strike
Kochikame
Gintama
Nisekoi
Bleach
Toriko
Isobe Isobee

Absent: One Piece

Preview issue 3-4/2016
Cover and LCP: Assassination Classroom
Haikyu, One Shot by Hiroshi Shiibashi and SANJO Riku

good to see that Monofofu and DANCE have recovered

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! ch28

It'd be way easier on you to just admit everything, Akina~

*spits juice*

Must not think what kind of liquid inulatoon used to mark their territory :lol:

Jitsu wa watashi wa 104

Now that was random

Mob Psycho 90.7

I want my Reigen Psycho spinoff, now!

Yandere kanojo 69.5

Wow, manager manage to get all the flag.

Saike mata Shitemo 19

So, there's another guy who erase power like Saike. I won't be surprised if their team is actually a good guy too.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Kono Manga ga Sugoi's 2016 Series Rankings are pretty interesting (I know Vito hates ANN but that's the only English source I can find atm).

Male Demographic:
  1. Dungeon Meshi by Ryōko Kui
  2. Golden Kamui by Satoru Noda
  3. Kuro Hakubutsukan: Ghost and Lady by Kazuhiro Fujita
  4. Koi wa Ameagari no Yō ni by Jun Mayuzuki
  5. My Hero Academia by Kōhei Horikoshi
  6. Nami yo Kiite Kure by Hiroaki Samura
  7. Hataraku Saibō by Akane Shimizu
  8. Okazaki ni Sasagu by Saho Yamamoto
  9. Dagashi Kashi by Kotoyama
  10. Boku dake ga Inai Machi by Kei Sanbe
  11. Otōto no Otto by Gengoroh Tagame
  12. Hibiki: Shōsetsuka ni Naru Hōhō by Mitsuharu Yanamoto
  13. Land by Kazumi Yamashita
  14. Angolmois: Genkō Kassen-ki by Nanahiko Tagaki
  15. BLUE GIANT by Shinichi Ishizuka
  16. The Ancient Magus' Bride by Kore Yamazaki
  17. Tokusatsu Gagaga by Niwa Tanba
  18. Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction by Inio Asano
  19. Plinius by Mari Yamazaki and Miki Tori (tied for 18th)
  20. Hakubo no Chronicle by Masami Yuuki

Female Demographic:
  1. Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii by Fujita
  2. Tokyo Tarareba-jō by Akiko Higashimura
  3. Machida-kun no Sekai by Yuki Ando
  4. Shiota-sensei to Amai-chan by Kumiko Nakatoka
  5. Sora wo Kakeru Yodaka by Shiki Kawabata
  6. Aizawa Riku by Yoriko Hoshi
  7. ODETTE by Haru Hiate (tied for sixth)
  8. Onna no Yūjō to Kinniku by KANA
  9. Shinsōban Oyanarumono Dangai by Fumiko Sone
  10. Princess Maison by Aoi Ikebe
  11. Takane to Hana by Yuki Shiwasu
  12. Kōdai-ke no Hitobito by Kozueko Morimoto
  13. Mahō Jika Hatsuden by Kazuno Tani (tied for 12th)
  14. Sayonara Girlfriend by Suzume Takano
  15. Ōoku: The Inner Chambers by Fumi Yoshinaga
  16. Jigoku no Girlfriend by Akane Torikai
  17. Awajima Hyakkei by Takako Shimura
  18. Kakukaku Shikajika by Akiko Higashimura
  19. Kainushi Jūjin to Petto Joshi Kōsei by Tsuzura Yakan
  20. Ohayō, Ibara-hime by Mei Morino

Lots of untranslated series on the female demographic list. I'd be really interested in the gaming otaku x fujoshi one, specifically. This list just makes it even clearer that there's not enough josei series in English. :(

Primm Slim manga when

One Punch Man ch. 85

Alright, Metal Bat smashing the ground so hard the cars around them bounced off the ground was pretty hype.
There is no way he is going to win but damnit, I do not want to see him lose. Metal Bat is another manga's protagonist, he's so cool.

Lain

Vito linked me to Shiwasu no Okina Japanese Patreon-like site today (or I should say yesterday) which has also support for English . I'm not sure what to do. Wish he used Patreon like ShindoL to be honest.

This got me though
This creator's Post includes matured contents

upandaway

Shoujotachi no Kaidan 1-5 (END)

If my old stuffed animals ever found out where I'm living now I'd be utterly screwed.

Short shoujo horror anthology, with no real overarching theme. It's almost a given when you glue together a variety of authors, but the individual stories were hit-and-miss, both in terms of quality and horror content. Fortunately two of them were excellent enough to justify enduring the rest (and surprise surprise, they were the more gruesome ones).
i'm definitely not surprised battleship-man

Barakamon Vol.07

Now that Handa-kun's back on the island, we're back to the daily lives of everybody

still nice chapters of Handa-kun acting more like an adult here and also helping Hiroshi figure what to do to with his life

how the whole volume ends really shows how much Handa-kun has change and adapted to the island

so good

Zweizer

Banned
Kono Manga ga Sugoi's 2016 Series Rankings are pretty interesting (I know Vito hates ANN but that's the only English source I can find atm).

Male Demographic:

Female Demographic:

Lots of untranslated series on the female demographic list. I'd be really interested in the gaming otaku x fujoshi one, specifically. This list just makes it even clearer that there's not enough josei series in English. :(

Nicr to see Dungeon Meshi at the top. Hopefully more series that cater to the female readership willl get translated as well.

Vito linked me to Shiwasu no Okina Japanese Patreon-like site today (or I should say yesterday) which has also support for English . I'm not sure what to do. Wish he used Patreon like ShindoL to be honest.

This got me though

That's intriguing~

Usobuko

Banned

Male Demographic:

Female Demographic:

This is the kind of list I would use to check manga I had never heard of. Glad to see familiar names on both side.

Zweizer, why are you not reading koi wa ameagari no you ni yet?

Crocodile

OPM - The most recent one

HYPE incarnate! I haven't read the ONE version but people are saying this fight is greatly expanded from that version? Well its some good shit either way.

Prison School - The most recent one
  • Joe, actually be helpful breh
  • Damn the Principal is a bawss
  • Hana marking her territory <3
  • Finally the Calvary Battle can start. I feel we've been prepping for that for like months now

kinger256

Male Demographic:

Female Demographic:

My favorite lists to go through. A lot of interesting stuff and the magazine seems to be catered to a much older demographic then the rest. Too bad a lot of the stuff remains untranslated.

Quasar

My favorite lists to go through. A lot of interesting stuff and the magazine seems to be catered to a much older demographic then the rest. Too bad a lot of the stuff remains untranslated.

I wondered why I'd never heard of basically anything on the lists, let alone read any.

Kurita

Dungeon Meshi seems to be another hit in the making.
When I went to Akihabara this summer some stores had "We're selling the new Dungeon Meshi volume!" signs in front of them :lol

Zweizer

Banned
Zweizer, why are you not reading koi wa ameagari no you ni yet?

Too much stuff to read. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though.

Dungeon Meshi seems to be another hit in the making.
When I went to Akihabara this summer some stores had "We're selling the new Dungeon Meshi volume!" signs in front of them :lol

It's great to see how much of a success it is on all fronts. Well-deserved too.

O Kui Ryoko, hallowed be thy name, save us from the wave of shitty fantasy LN adaptations~

flawfuls

Katajikenai

So this is a serious historical manga about feudal Japan and the classic conflict between the isolationists and then ones who wanted to open Japan's borders or at least it is about that for about 30 pages until A UNICORN SOARS THROUGH THE SKY DROPPING MAGIC CLOWN CANDY.

After that it becomes a trippy fever dream involving tengu, clowns, overly complicated hand metaphors, nukes, giant children and of course unicorns.

At some point the main character turns into fish that is being being caught by the human version of himself and THEN much later in the story it loops back to the same scene but from the human perspective and that was like, woah.

So in conclusion I have no idea what I just read. It may just trippy Keiichi Koike nonsense or it could be some clever metaphor about Japanese history or both, but probably mostly the former. Anyway it was entertaining and had unicorns so I recommend it.

I honestly thought this would be a super serious samurai drama, the cover is so misleading lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom