• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush Remastered Impressions

Carl

It looks so good in the big screen. I keep getting frustrated with pressing x instead of circle lol but oh well. Made me really hyped for the sequel

Shin-chan

If the trophies are exactly the same platinum hunters should buy this for an easy one, especially with the improved controls making challenges easier. I very rarely go for them, but it's fairly easy in the Vita version.

Glad to see impressions are good. I'm not sure the remaster is day one for me, I'll see there is a good deal on launch week (which there often is in the UK). The sequel is a true day one title for me though.

Hazaku

I'm thinking of importing a copy from Asia, but was wondering two things:

Is the game in full English, including menus, and are trophies working on US PSN for it?

Get the HK/Asian version since the Japanese version doesn't have English subs/menus. Dialogue is in a fictional language with French influences if I'm not mistaken.

How much is it on the HK store? Might pick it up if it's all in English.

I got a HK card from a site for like $46 and still have some currency left over.

If you also get it and take the 2 day free trial on PS+ you get a free and pretty cool dynamic theme when you buy the game.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Early game screenshots:

gravityrushremasteredecox6.png

gravityrushremasteredrnrdj.png

gravityrushremasteredtipgt.png

gravityrushremasteredtjquh.png

gravityrushremastereddtr43.png

gravityrushremastereda9o4r.png

gravityrushremasteredgerjq.png

gravityrushremastered5er7d.png

Kysen

Smooth 60FPS. Gravity slide is so much easier with a dualshock. Loving the game so far.

Note: Japanese version has no language select. Its funny because when I first got the Vita version I couldn't read shit now years later it is a breeze.

Ambitious

Looks great. I really don't feel like playing through the whole game again, but I sure wouldn't mind flying around the city for a while just to relax. But I think I'm gonna wait for the sequel instead.

Ditching the gimmicky control stuff (while keeping gyro-assisted aiming which should really be in more console games), having reasonable load times and running in a buttery smooth 1080/60 really elevates the game. Easier to see it as an AC1 "repetitive and thin but feels so good" situation without those other frustrations in the way.

I really wanted to play it again so I'm alright with dropping $40 usd for the HK version instead of waiting, but I'm a little bummed that Spotify doesn't work with it. I'm guessing this is the norm for import games but this was the first one I actually tried to use it with.

Shahed

The improved loading times for challenges and mapping the slide and dodge to the shoulder buttons are the main things I wanted. The fact that they kept the gyro aiming is a cherry on top!

Hugstable

Banned
Looks great! Definitely down to play through this game again when it releases. My only real compliant with the Vita original was the load times between retrys on challenges.

Kssio_Aug

They're releasing it for PS4?? o_O
I wasn't aware... LoL, I feel like living in a cave now.

Is it planned to release in west?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
For trophy hunters out there, this is an easy plat. It's probably much easier since the slide controls have been tweaked to the controller.

Shahed

For trophy hunters out there, this is an easy plat. It's probably much easier since the slide controls have been tweaked to the controller.
The shorter load times on challenges probably make the biggest difference! Slide controls weren't hsrd, they were just annoying. R2/L2 will be so much better.

GavinUK86

Works out at £28 from the HK store. Sold. I always wanted to play it on Vita but I never got around to buying one.

This looks great. Been playing the dl Vita version here and there but never committed (it was bought during an absurd $.99 sale). Really like the look of the characters and world and the Panzer Dragoon-like made-up language adds additional flavor. Boosted on PS4 looks great. Will likely pre-order this on Amazon and virtually shelve the Vita version.

jwk94

And I just hit my first bug. While doing the Maid Pack DLC mission, after you're done dealing with Melda and you're going back to find Aujean, it doesn't trigger the search for the girl's money so you can't progress. I quit the mission and had to start the entire chain again. I'm not going to try again right now because that mission's kinda long.

FHIZ

Swiping sucks more on the DS4 as the sticks are in the way, stick to the other method when it comes out.

Yeah, I guess I should have phrased that differently, asking how the alternative method (I'm guessing one of the trigger buttons?) feels? There's no way in hell I'm going to try to use swipe to dodge on the DS4.

Griss

I'm so happy to hear that this remaster has gone well.

I was intending to play through Gravity Rush again for years, and also to buy the DLC (but it was way overpriced).

Now I can take that money I didn't spend on the DLC and put it towards playing the game again in glorious HD. Best of all worlds. Glad I waited.

Dali

Picked it up yesterday and it's really impressive. Seems to run at a solid 60fps, load times for challenges are super quick (maybe 5-6 seconds like someone mentioned, feels snappier than that to me though), and the art looks fantastic in 1080p on the big screen. Oh and trying to slide doesn't make me want to hurl my Vita across the room now :). The theme that comes with the psn purchase for plus users is a nice bonus too.

Negatives? Hmm 'X' and 'O' being switched around is weird but that's just really an issue that affects menu navigation, not actual gameplay. Also I've already completed the game on Vita, so while it's still a fun and beautiful experience, it does feel familiar. I envy the folks whose first go at it will be with this Remaster, you're in for a treat.

All in all Bluepoint has done a fantastic job, still planning to pick up the physical US release to show support. Can't wait for GR2!
Isn't that just because x and o are switched in Japan (as far as what is usee for cancel and what is select)? I'd imagine menu navigation for the western release would confirm with NA standards.

Top Bottom