• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush Remastered Impressions

So who else is playing? Man this game looks so good in HD.
Bluepoint Games deserves a medal. I'm still getting used to the O and X being used differently but besides that everything has looked and felt great so far.

The controls are very good and this makes me wonder why Sony could never be bothered to port it to the Vita TV.

Ratrat

Any list of differences between versions?

I played the game on vita up till she falls into what I think was some kind of slum filled with lost children and then there was a boss fight with a giant flying worm. Can anyone tell me how far into the game that was?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I've got the English Asian version and I've played it a bit. It looks nice and the graphics are a bit improved. Feel free to ask me questions.

BroBot

Just tested out the load times:

From main menu to in-game: 16 seconds
From game to starting a challenge: 4-5 seconds
From quitting challenge back to in-game: 8 seconds

I have the stock hard drive for PS4. Original model.

I've got the English Asian version and I've played it a bit. It looks nice and the graphics are a bit improved. Feel free to ask me questions.
Waiting for my copy to come. Loved it on Vita. Two questions:
- any difference storywise?
- did they improve the fight mechanic?
Thanks!

I never played the original, but it's pretty fun so far. Basic traversal is requires some lateral thinking and is really engaging as a result. Don't know how much better it is than before, but I like it

Do the lighting and sky change as the game progresses? It looks kind of rusty and red everywhere, like Silent Hill.

ChuckNyce

Picked it up yesterday and it's really impressive. Seems to run at a solid 60fps, load times for challenges are super quick (maybe 5-6 seconds like someone mentioned, feels snappier than that to me though), and the art looks fantastic in 1080p on the big screen. Oh and trying to slide doesn't make me want to hurl my Vita across the room now :). The theme that comes with the psn purchase for plus users is a nice bonus too.

Negatives? Hmm 'X' and 'O' being switched around is weird but that's just really an issue that affects menu navigation, not actual gameplay. Also I've already completed the game on Vita, so while it's still a fun and beautiful experience, it does feel familiar. I envy the folks whose first go at it will be with this Remaster, you're in for a treat.

All in all Bluepoint has done a fantastic job, still planning to pick up the physical US release to show support. Can't wait for GR2!

BroBot

Some screenshots I took. You can also see the options menu at the bottom.

gTA9X5k.jpg

B81a9Iw.jpg

kyN49HN.jpg

PevGwFG.jpg

LibKZkk.jpg

Glad to hear this turned out well. Not really surprising though, since this is Bluepoint. Hopefully those of us in NA who are interested in the game actually pre-order it from Amazon (seems like it's an Amazon exclusive), so we don't have to hound Sony for more physical releases like this in the future.

So who else is playing? Man this game looks so good in HD.
Bluepoint Games deserves a medal. I'm still getting used to the O and X being used differently but besides that everything has looked and felt great so far.

The controls are very good and this makes me wonder why Sony could never be bothered to port it to the Vita TV.
You could just swap the buttons on the OS level so that it's less confusing.

Looks nice, and the game deserves a wider audience.

I'll likely give it a shot once it hits North America.

How are the controls?

silva1991

I played the game on vita up till she falls into what I think was some kind of slum filled with lost children and then there was a boss fight with a giant flying worm. Can anyone tell me how far into the game that was?

More than half of the game iirc.

jwk94

How did they change the controls? It's been awhile since I beat it in vita.
R2 + left stick to dodge or swipe the touch pad. Triggers to Gravity slide. The map let's you jump to places (to set a way point) like your next destination or a manhole by using the dpad.

mejin

Just tested out the load times:

From main menu to in-game: 16 seconds
From game to starting a challenge: 4-5 seconds
From quitting challenge back to in-game: 8 seconds

I have the stock hard drive for PS4. Original model.

maybe they can patch it up to be even faster.

Some screenshots I took. You can also see the options menu at the bottom.

Holy shit, I'm drooling. I always thought the game was a graphical showcase back when it came out on the Vita (although its impact in that respect has definitely dulled over the years), but this... this is in a whole other ballpark altogether. Those are visuals that will not age, ever.

I'm really glad I imported this now. I just hope the wait isn't too long. Could take a week for it to get through the letterbox, could take a month.

Oh, and if the remaster ends scoring lower than the original on Metacritic then lol.

Atleast 3/4 done iirc

This is one of the best remasters out there and the gravity mechanics works so amazingly well when you are playing with a pad plus the luxury of playing on the big screen and 60fps.

Great remaster for a great game. I hope people support it next year.

Oh, and if the remaster ends scoring lower than the original on Metacritic then lol.

You can expect a lot of people complaining about the lack of interaction with the world and the lack of content in general. I hope the media realize this is a port of a VITA game.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Technically it seems perfect. 1080p 60fps with main assets improved. The improved presentation makes a huge difference over the Vita version. Movement and aiming are so improved by the upped and solid framerate there's really no comparing them. I'll try and add some screenshots soon.

Overall I'm impressed and really happy to see the game upgraded so much.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Waiting for my copy to come. Loved it on Vita. Two questions:
- any difference storywise?
- did they improve the fight mechanic?
Thanks!

- AFAIK, Nope. Nothing different storywise. They just added in the DLC. I'm not done with the game yet so who knows if there's a secret video.
- Fighting mechanic is the same.

Also remember how this game uses the gyroscope on the Vita? It's still there but you use the Dualshock 4 instead.

- AFAIK, Nope. Nothing different storywise. They just added in the DLC. I'm not done with the game yet so who knows if there's a secret video.
- Fighting mechanic is the same.

Also remember how this game uses the gyroscope on the Vita? It's still there but you use the Dualshock 4 instead.
Thanks +++

How is the DLC integrated into the main game? Have they shoved it into the plot or does it just turn up as a side mission on the map?

Also, is there a trophy list out? Kind of tempted to download it.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
There are different control styles available but using the DS4 feels so natural I haven't changed anything.

Edit: Really it's just normal dual analogue + gyro I guess. I just meant that the gyro feels natural so you'll mostly use right stick for large movements + gyro to adjust. Feels great.

ULTROS!

BroBot

How is the DLC integrated into the main game? Have they shoved it into the plot or does it just turn up as a side mission on the map?

Also, is there a trophy list out? Kind of tempted to download it.

DLC shows up as side missions on the map. They unlock outfits for Kat.
There are 4 different trophy sets in this game.

The Main Game (40 trophies Including a Platinum)
Maid Pack (8 trophies)
Spy Pack (8 trophies)
Special Forces Pack (8 trophies)

Same trophy list and set as the Vita.

I'm thinking of importing a copy from Asia, but was wondering two things:

Is the game in full English, including menus, and are trophies working on US PSN for it?

Top Bottom