• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been years since I read eyeshield but isn't there around 35 volumes?

I bought the first 5 volumes that many years ago

------------------------------------
CWOr09lUkAAX91p.jpg

30ish volumes of eyeshield 21
I'll find room to put them

Droplet

Hm, the thread update is a good reminder that I either read or started reading 34-sai, Eden, and Lychee Light Club but didn't finish/can't remember them. I think I didn't finish them though, I just remember Lychee for how gory it was and 34-sai for being kind of happy yet depressing at the same time.

World Trigger

Caught up to chapter 122 of world trigger manga, the previous fight was awesome like all the fights in this series. Good thing Tamakoma-2 suffered a defeat, would've been stupid to have them scrape a win against top ranked b teams.

Good on the mangaka to recycle old techniques like Lead Bullets and Kitora's wires setting them up to be used in different ways, sniping with lead bullets is gonna get interesting and Osamu's will most likely come up with a way to use Kitora's wires in a way she didn't even think about using making a unpopular technique suddenly popular and she getting jealous and angry about it.

Hopefulyl it wont be like his last fight and he's defeated before he can even try anything.

Love at Fourteen Vol.04

I definetly like that we have three (maybe four) sets of couples now, each with their own different dynamics between each other. It makes it interesting going from one to the next during the same event.

It is the time where the initial premise is falling into the background, but its still very enjoyable.

I bought the first 5 volumes that many years ago

------------------------------------

30ish volumes of eyeshield 21
I'll find room to put them
I want to give a shoutout to Bigkrev for sending me twenty five volumes of Eyeshield 21 a few years back when I was down on my luck. I am grateful.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Prison School 200
Chairman adventure chapter!? Thank you Hiramoto.
Yo, dude solve every argument with sex. That is like, woah. Mari will probably be pissed when she know about what her father done...

Zweizer

Banned
Yours should be tagged with NSFW.

But none of my featured recs are h-works!

Hm, the thread update is a good reminder that I either read or started reading 34-sai, Eden, and Lychee Light Club but didn't finish/can't remember them. I think I didn't finish them though, I just remember Lychee for how gory it was and 34-sai for being kind of happy yet depressing at the same time.

Lychee Light Club being so gory kind of caught me off-guard as well, considering that Genkaku Picasso, The Music of Marie and Short Cuts were nowhere as gruesome. Well, it is an horror series after all.

Usobuko

Banned
Alice in Borderland raw chapter 60-61

This mangaka is a S-tier mentalist. That audacity to potentially troll readers by stringing them along for 60 chapters.

I love your characterizations Haro, by a considerable distance to your peers.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Lychee Light Club
So yeah, i finally have the time to read this, and boy, it's one hell of a manga.

Adaptation of Tokyo Grand Guignol, supposedly a play that focus on horror and depravity. Yeah, this manga is full of depravity, a mad story about perversion, and obsession with beauty.

The story focus on a group of middle school student in a group called light club. Their quest, to build the elegant machine to kidnap a beautiful girl. They are bunch of egoistical and perverted middle school. Killing other people like it's nothing, treating the choice of execution as simple as picking which color of M&M you'll eat.

The setting is bleak, in a place where black smoke from factory rises everyday, painting the sky black. Their hideout is an abandoned place, hidden from the eye of many, the place where they can engage in their grand plan. Their leader, beauty obsessed and calculating man who call himself Zera. And so they gave birth to their machine, a robot called Lychee. At first, there was failure since a machine cannot comprehend beauty, at least until Dentaku, the brain of the hikari club, program him something similar to a human heart.

Their plan was successful, they manage to kidnap a beautiful girl. Little did they know, it's the start of their downfall in this story full of blood, guts, and lychee.

The art is beautiful, there's so much character and detail within each panel. The pacing was great and end with a bang. If there's a complaint about it is probably the lack of characterization for several character. The gorn part probably going to make several reader feel nauseus, but i must say, it really fit with the story.

Give it a read if you're into psychological horror story.

Zweizer

Banned
Lychee Light Club

If there's a complaint about it is probably the lack of characterization for several character. The gorn part probably going to make several reader feel nauseus, but i must say, it really fit with the story.

Yeah, in spite of the depravity, or perhaps thanks to it, it's a surprisingly thought-provoking manga at times.

Now read Our Light Club, which is a prequel of sorts and fleshes out considerably the characters.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Yeah, in spite of the depravity, or perhaps thanks to it, it's a surprisingly thought-provoking manga at times.

Now read Our Light Club, which is a prequel of sorts and fleshes out considerably the characters.

Will do!

I'll give the impression as well after i done with it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
9843641e79.jpg

Sexual tension on overdrive. Will be disappointed if they don't make out a little bit after the tournament
Preparing to be disappointed

I think you're failing to grasp the level of motivation the average animango character needs to actually make a move on a potential romantic partner.

So in AnimeGAF someone started a New Years resolution to mark down people for anime series they have backlogged but haven't seen and the community wants them to watch. I was wondering if the same thing can be done here or if anyone would be up to it or care? I dunno if I would organize it but it would give me a reason to finally read Vagabond.

upandaway

So in AnimeGAF someone started a New Years resolution to mark down people for anime series they have backlogged but haven't seen and the community wants them to watch. I was wondering if the same thing can be done here or if anyone would be up to it or care? I dunno if I would organize it but it would give me a reason to finally read Vagabond.
Sounds fun

upandaway

Maybe something with people giving their MU/MAL/short text wishlist and choosing from there? How does it work in the anime thread. I want in too but I'm not sure how much time it'll take me to get to it, probably over summer

Maybe something with people giving their MU/MAL/short text wishlist and choosing from there? How does it work in the anime thread. I want in too but I'm not sure how much time it'll take me to get to it, probably over summer

It's just a fun no commitment thing that gives people a reason to go through a series they have backlogged. I for example watched ALL of Gintama this year because Narag put me up to it.

I'll start it up. If you want to get it on this, PM me a few series you want to read. Or if you think it would be more fun for the community to decide, you can post them here. Your choice.

MANGA NEW YEARS BACKLOG CLUB

Hi. I know that we all have shit on our backlogs that we want to get to, but can't. So what better way to get over that hump then PEER PRESSURE?? Basically, you give me a list (lets say up to three series) of backlogged manga that you want to get to, and once everyone has turned it in then I will post the full list so that everyone knows you should be reading what you actually opted to read for. This has no real obligations, its not a bet, just a way to encourage people to read backlogged stuff.

RULES - There aren't really any rules. You could put One Piece, Hajime no Ippo and Bleach on this. That would probably be crazy but if you think you can do that go for it. Just PM me your list and I'll compile it. You can also post it in here and I will see it. If I miss your list, PM me or message me on Twitter. You can opt in for both unfinished and finished series AND series you have dropped in the past or want to continue.

I'll start -

MetroidPrimeRib: Vagabond, 7 Seeds, the rest of Mob Pyscho 100.

bobohoro

I don't actually have lots of manga backlog, more stuff I want to reread.
I have, however, a big pile of new Light Novels I should read.

After I have finished TitS, Steins;Gate and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

So never.

Gah.

Keijo 67

And she will probably return it 1.000.000-fold.
Kids.

Alright then. If the time limit is that generous, it might be a good opportunity for me to try and read some series that lingered on my backlog for far too long.

Ideally the huge time limit means that you should pick a huge series or with a large time investment, One Piece, Berserk JoJo etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom