• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you have a US PT license, you may be able to download PT using this tool - Reddit

Any particular reason the download speed is super slow? And any way to improve it?

Probably because this is using a proxy server. I'm about to give it a shot as well but I'm expecting slow a download as well. Anytime I've used proxies, it resulted in significantly slower internet speeds.

*edit* Works as advertised. Download is slow, but not ridiculously so.. Shouldn't matter that much since PT is only 1.3 gigs. In fact, this could not be easier. You don't even need to fiddle with the program on the PC. You simply need to install it. Just make sure you remove it afterwards using the following link as you don't want this program invisibly running on your computer after its intended use: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/commen...inside_this_allows_the_legendary_game/cxzwj9q

Kinyou

Any idea what this program actually does with the PC? That you have to delete it through some system command makes me a bit paranoid.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
A perfect way to market a game. And then crash it and burn it.

Why the salt?

Something dead should stay dead.

---

Anyways
From the internet to konami:

bf0253cf.gif

Rezae

Had to talk my wife through the steps over the phone since I'm at work ... afraid it'll be down before I get home. Sent me a screenshot of it's download progress halfway. Whooo! I deserve PT after going through the pain of that walkthrough with her.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Had to talk my wife through the steps over the phone since I'm at work ... afraid it'll be down before I get home. Sent me a screenshot of it's download progress halfway. Whooo! I deserve PT after going through the pain of that walkthrough with her.

Texted my son the link to this thread. Go boy go!! Get it for papa!

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
My son has successfully retrieved the download.

Now I just have to wait until I get home tomorrow before I can finally, finally play it. :|

HF2014

Oh well, im not too genius going into these IP and DNS proxy things. I downloaded Squid, it installed, run two of the option there, didnt see nothing. Check with my dlink router, maybe my ISP isnt using proxy, i have no clue. Change some of the numbers in proxy, nothing work, cannot connect.

Well, i just stop Squip and delete everything, screw that. Hope this is not some hack that come into my pc....

Imbarkus

So nobody has been banned yet? Might give it a try if it is still up

Man, if they ban me for downloading the item their web portal told me I had actually redeemed, and was now a part of my library, and that I could download to my PS4...

humperdink.gif

The digital-removal tactic has moved from "free gift" (the apologist's excuse) with P.T. to "compulsory refund" with Afro Samurai 2. The fact that your digital library can even be used as leverage in a threat of banning is part of the problem.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Any particular reason the download speed is super slow?

If it's like the old CoD6 Prestige 10 hack: You're literally connecting to someone elses connection to download the files. Not Sony's servers.

HF2014

Didnt work for me people, but please tell me, iv installed, run and decide to delete this squid application. Will i have some nasty stuff on my PC now??? I mean, this thing was safe to use???

schaft0620

I am having a hard time finding the Proxy settings in my ASUS 1900

Edit: I had to turn my FW off and I was entering the wrong port #

Pillville

Worked flawlessly for me.

Not sure why people think you could get banned. How would they be able to differentiate between the orig download and this one?

I'm actually guessing Sony didn't like having to remove the game in the first place and don't give a shit about people restoring an old free demo of a cancelled game

Bless you, OP. I've been having regret about not redownloading PT before the lock, ever since Konami happened. I'm finally able to play this beauty of a game again. Bless you, OP.

Om3ga

Finally go to play this game, I actually jumped twice while playing and trust me I haven't been scared by any movie or game since playing fatal frame back on OG xbox. if you have anxiety this game will either cure it or make it worse.

Made me realize I would never buy this game even if there was a full release... the amount of times I said nope... NOPE... too much stress. Haha i couldn't even imagine playing this game in PSVR. So i'm glad i finally got to play it, now i know I'd have never missed it.

Usually I have issues getting these kind of things to work, but surprisingly it worked. Downloaded Squid, allowed it in my windows firewall, got my ip address, put in the the ps4 and clicked download and it started downloading.

For those having issues, maybe try enabling upnp in your router or disabling windows firewall.

Andrefpvs

Can someone help me figure out what's happening here?

When doing a connection test, more or less 10 seconds after getting an IP address, it will fail to connect to the Internet and return the error CE-33986-9.

I tried port forwarding on my router, the same happens. My router is a bit finicky, so I'm not sure if I'm doing everything right. I also tried allowing port 808 (both UDP and TCP) on Windows firewall, the same happens.

One interesting thing is, if I disable Windows firewall, the test will fail immediately after getting an IP address, not 10 seconds later.

What could be happening here?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Uh, so you're connecting to someone else's network?
Doesn't that expose your system?
Is that wise?

As someone that still has my download, I'm happy for you guys

I'm sure modders will have it up for anyone who mods though. That will be a good option for those who never tried it.

LUXURY

It works but it was hella slow. You can follow the guide to get the software off your PC after it downloads.

Gravidee

So you needed to have already downloaded PT to your system before in order for this to work? So basically if I "bought" the game but never downloaded it before I can't use this method?

I honestly don't think I can ever play P.T. again without getting furious about the fact it will never happen.

I've been a fan of SH since the original, so this shit hurts bad.

Fuck you mother fucking Konami ass bitches. I hope Pachinko dies and they go bankrupt.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I have PT already, but least I no longer have to treasure my PS4 hdd backup like it's the holy grail.

So you needed to have already downloaded PT to your system before in order for this to work? So basically if I "bought" the game but never downloaded it before I can't use this method?
No, you just need a license, if you "bought" it and it shows in your PS4 library you're good to go

Symtendo

Can someone help me figure out what's happening here?

When doing a connection test, more or less 10 seconds after getting an IP address, it will fail to connect to the Internet and return the error CE-33986-9.

I tried port forwarding on my router, the same happens. My router is a bit finicky, so I'm not sure if I'm doing everything right. I also tried allowing port 808 (both UDP and TCP) on Windows firewall, the same happens.

One interesting thing is, if I disable Windows firewall, the test will fail immediately after getting an IP address, not 10 seconds later.

What could be happening here?

Did you get a solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem

LUXURY

No, just the license. For example if you added it to your cart on the online store but never downloaded it. That's what I did because this came out before I had my PlayStation 4. As long as you do that, you will be able to download it on the system in your library.

Top Bottom