• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami to PT downloaders: Fuck you all, we're taking your PS4 digital games with us

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the latest with Konami's ongoing clusterfuck with PT...

Is this a possible issue or nonsense?
https://twitter.com/pacifist_elk

"PSN checks all liscences at once. if one does not exist on network, all DRM checks for PSN fail"
"so just checked, even deleting P.T. does not remove its license from your system. If you downloaded P.T. ever at any point, then"
"You will be unable to renew licenses of your digital games. For someone like me who owns mostly digital, this means that I cannot play"

Is this if there needs to be a licence check, if it's a secondary PS4, etc? The user deleted PT beforehand, if that is important...

So it turns out that if you want to verify your licenses on PS4, the network checks all possible licenses you have and if any are missing, all the license checks fail. Now say a greedy and petty company removes the ability for one of their free demos to renew it's license, you will not be able to play any of your digital downloads on a non-primary console.

Turns out this just happened with PT and so, if you ever downloaded it or added it to your library, you can not play ANY of your digital games on a non-primary console, an advertised feature of the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. I wonder if we can sue Sony for that.

It's not confirmed at all that PT is the cause at all, and it only started after the maintenance, while PT was removed a while ago.

Yeah, I just read that after posting, I'm probably just a fucking paranoid idiot. A mod should close this thread until it's verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom