• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Swap ⇔ Swap ch5

ocrLhKo.png

Aww, it's nice that they all got closer~

Bleach

So Ichigo got his bullshit powerup and is still a jobber, meanwhile Yoruichi is still mega OP.

Okay Kubo, sure. At least it's not twelve chapters including a flashback of fighting this potato, she just instakilled him and we're moving on.

Kyuur

Bleach

So Ichigo got his bullshit powerup and is still a jobber, meanwhile Yoruichi is still mega OP.

Okay Kubo, sure. At least it's not twelve chapters including a flashback of fighting this potato, she just instakilled him and we're moving on.

You're dreaming if you think he's dead already.

Bleach 656

Yoruichi was in it so surprisingly good chapter. Is she ever gonna use a Zanpakuto or is she too good for that?

And yeah, power levels make literally no sense in this series

One Piece 810

"Crucify and Chill" might be the stupidest translation I've ever seen. Hey, maybe it's correct? If so, fuck you Oda.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch810

I wonder if this guy will show up again, or if we'll at least get a flashback of his demise.

Guess we'll finally know what happened to Caesar soon as well.

Sealed

Banned
Bleach

pretty much my thoughts on Ichigo exactly lol

One Piece 810

Absolutely brutal.

bobohoro

The author did some hentai before.

I rather like A Priest's Journey in an RPG World myself, mainly because of the demon girl~

This is of no interest to me.
~

Tomo 232

Should've sent him flying farther.

Bleach 656
This is just too much. I laughed out loud at Ichigo being fodder.

One Piece 810
Well, that was one of the bloodier chapters in a while. Arc is shaping up nicely.

Just wondering. Right Stuff have on sale No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! manga and was wondering if it's worth the time to buy and read it? I own the Blu-ray of the show but didn't have a chance to go watch it yet. Just need some opinion about this.
Wouldn't recommend it. The manga loses its charm and becomes stale/repetitive relatively quickly. The art's also pretty substandard. I found the spin-off more enjoyable.

Haven't watched the anime myself, but you're probably better off sticking with that instead.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
People still care enough about Bleach to translate that over My Hero Academia or World Trigger? Damn...

Bleach 656

Man the more I see Bleach fights the more I realize that this series is heavily missing a narrator... since everyone always blabbers their attacks ability before finishing off their opponent

OP 810

Day and Night.... ship after ship
it seems Jacks crew is massive.... Kaido has a massive amount of numbers, his fodders have abilities too but not enough unique top tier people (beside Jack) unlike other crews
Their upper hand is their diverse select of cheap weapons

Toriko 352

Filling in a ton of missing answers..... the clam being used as a ship is more hints for space adventures
Nevertheless I really wanted to see the fight this week but of course stuff needed to be addressed
Moon has been eaten?! As in Whale King Moon? Or the real Moon? (More questions)
Lol at the aging process though.... Komatsu got his nose back to his dismay

Zweizer

Banned
Hakoiri Drops ch18

It's a happy day for Shizuku indeed~

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch28

She sure has changed since then. The last panel really made me smile~

Tsugumomo ch84

Aww, I sure hope Kukuri will come back.

Revo

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 233

hopefully bad guy doesn't last too long
nor do i want him to reform and try to become tomo's lackey

Jintor

i know peeps be saying my hero academia's pacing be real fast but man, i think about other manga i read where a week's/fortnight's release feels like about 5 minutes of in-universe time and I gotta say, i appreciate hero academia's blistering pace more.

do need to take time to smell the roses though.

yami4ct

Just heard the Beet the Vandel Buster news. Crazy. I'd always written that one off as truly dead. I've fallen in love with Riku Sanjo's work on Kamen Rider and definitely dug the little bit of Beet I read. Might be time to pick it up again.

Sealed

Banned
Mob Psycho 100 90.8

God damn ONE, stop ending these chapters like this!

Mahou Sensei Negima!

Well, I just finished reading this. It started out kind of slow, and pretty ecchi...but as it progressed I liked it more and more, and after the Kyoto arc I found myself enjoying it a lot, and it turned into a pretty good battle manga. One thing I really enjoyed was Negi's character development. Of course there was a hugely excessive amount of fanservice, but I can overlook that. Anyway, as the series progresses though, the plot becomes more and more jumbled up, to the point where a lot of the conflict in the final arc was somewhat confusing to read about, but this only affected my enjoyment a little bit. I'll probably end up reading the wiki to clear things up.

Ok, so the ending. I heard bad things about the ending, but I didn't think it would end so abruptly, without resolving..well...ANYTHING. There are literally 1000 unanswered questions, and it's basically like there should have been another arc in between the MM arc and the End. Like seriously, a lot of unanswered questions there. I don't really have a problem with the events that took place, but he just didn't explain how anything came to be the way that it was...like..what? We didn't even find out who Negi liked!! I was hoping he would end up with either Nodoka or Chisame, but I guess neither of that happened.
The UQ Holder guy's name is Konoe..so I guess Konoka...but it was implied she married Setsuna, so idk what's up. I'm really glad he didn't end up with Asuna. Isn't she technically his Aunt, anyway?

a few glaring things that bothered me during the last arc though

Jack suddenly coming back from Cosmo. What was the point of sending him away?

The Mage of the Beginning was like, never dealt with. Who was he? What was his deal?

In the same vein, who the hell was Nagi's master? That character was never explained, and he seemed to be the Mage of the Beginning at one point. What?

Why were all the other dolls weaker than Fate?

They keep referencing Asuna helping Negi with his fight with Fate, but I have no idea what she did

What did Negi mean that his power was 'for show' when he fought Eva? Shouldn't he be able to fight her equally?

How was the ending any different than Chao just revealing magic to the world?

Zazie should have gotten more development. She was just thrown in there at the end.

The 'dolls' of the magic world can't leave Mars, but how do they survive after Mars is terraformed? Do they just live off the mana? How were they made?

They really needed to explain the origin of the magic world better

what happened to Negi's mom?

HOW DID NAGI COME BACK?? WHY WAS HE THE MAGE OF THE BEGINNING? EXPLAIN THIS SHIT!!!

and of course...who did Negi like!?

that's all i can think of right now...

so yeah, definitely some huge plot oversights there, but overall I enjoyed the series! I'd probably give it a 7 out of 10, maybe a 7.5, but that might be stretching it.

Time to start reading UQ Holder! Hopefully some of this stuff might get explained, but I'm not holding my breath.

Is the alternate ending movie any good, by the way?

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 9

This is some good shit. Two stubborn people mutually crushing on each other use keikaku and mindgames to get the other person to confess first.

Reminder -

MANGA NEW YEARS BACKLOG CLUB

Hi. I know that we all have shit on our backlogs that we want to get to, but can't. So what better way to get over that hump then PEER PRESSURE?? Basically, you give me a list (lets say up to three series) of backlogged manga that you want to get to, and once everyone has turned it in then I will post the full list so that everyone knows you should be reading what you actually opted to read for. This has no real obligations, its not a bet, just a way to encourage people to read backlogged stuff.

RULES - There aren't really any rules. You could put One Piece, Hajime no Ippo and Bleach on this. That would probably be crazy but if you think you can do that go for it. Just PM me your list and I'll compile it. You can also post it in here and I will see it. If I miss your list, PM me or message me on Twitter. You can opt in for both unfinished and finished series AND series you have dropped in the past or want to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom