• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ppl under estimate the carbine. The rig is fine. First play throughs i hated it. Until i realized how small it is and started to be patient. Plus there are catwalks that are rarely used. Its good.

Easy kills with strongholds especially if ppl pile at the basement.

Just played my first game on overgrowth. Don't like it at all.

I still don't know the layout and I've played it about 8 times. I get some of the Plaza inspiration and sections but more than 50% of it is different. Also the weapons are in odd places. You can really dominate the map with the sword.

New Forge seems really powerful. Haven't had an opportunity to play with it myself, but I'm seeing a lot of videos doing things not possible in the previous games.

malfcn

I would like Gears maps. Without thruster maps can be created with less breakage. Throw in some clamber routes for a twist.

Madness

As if I wasn't having enough trouble adapting to Halo 5 controls, the Elite controller and paddles make it even more difficult. They're very sensitive, and I'm using whatever the basic config was, A to left paddle B to right. With this can jump and melee/GP greater ease but I've definitely goofed on a few shots already. For some reason my fingers completely forget about the trigger on top, and I'm just too aware of the paddles. Love the hair trigger locks though. Definitely help in SWAT and I know I'll be able to get more perfects now. Wonder what you guys who have the controller have as your dead zone stuff, and custom paddle/button configs.

Trup1aya

As if I wasn't having enough trouble adapting to Halo 5 controls, the Elite controller and paddles make it even more difficult. They're very sensitive, and I'm using whatever the basic config was, A to left paddle B to right. With this can jump and melee/GP greater ease but I've definitely goofed on a few shots already. For some reason my fingers completely forget about the trigger on top, and I'm just too aware of the paddles. Love the hair trigger locks though. Definitely help in SWAT and I know I'll be able to get more perfects now. Wonder what you guys who have the controller have as your dead zone stuff, and custom paddle/button configs.

I heard flipping your paddles upside down helps with the sensitivity

It's pretty bad.

Are there players that play very regularly, pretty much every day would be ideal? I've got a bunch of players in a Spartan Company, but I want some seriously dedicated players that will be on as much as me and the few people that I play with as well. Add me and send me a message on XBL: Crimson Angelus.

BraXzy

New Forge seems really powerful. Haven't had an opportunity to play with it myself, but I'm seeing a lot of videos doing things not possible in the previous games.

I was slowly getting to grips with it tinkering in Twilight Gaps forge map.

It's insane how many pieces there are, and all the new tools and effects there is. People are gonna make some seriously cool stuff with this.
Especially when certain gametypes are added :3

BraXzy

We're community update bros now!

Yay! <3

Halo tomorrow??

Are there players that play very regularly, pretty much every day would be ideal? I've got a bunch of players in a Spartan Company, but I want some seriously dedicated players that will be on as much as me and the few people that I play with as well. Add me and send me a message on XBL: Crimson Angelus.

I'm down for some games tomorrow, I'll message ya if I spot you on.

malfcn

Trying to place is Swat and..

One match a mate is 0-12
The next match 4-17
Next one quitter and the two left go 9-14, 9-15.

I was 18-X and 22-15.

Put me in Bronze now if it's going to be seven more like this. -_-

Fourth match and the go 8-19..

I'm 1-5 because of these rotten jokers.

Does most of halogaf play in parties for the placement matches?

I'm not saying I'm worth a damn by any stretch, but shit do I seem to get teamed up with people who can't pull their own weight. Out of my last 4 qualifying matches, lost 2 and won 2. The 2 that we won I went 26 and 13 or around there, and 23 and 10. I was the only guy on my team with a postive K/D. In Slayer.

I was placed Silver 6 and it only took one match to get Gold 1, but lord does it seem like playing with a team can help your rank placement.

Edit: BradC00 added. Droopy06 on live.

malfcn

Placed Gold 1 even though I was Diamond last season.

Ten games, 124-86 and won 4.
Six losses because of rejected Hunter worms.

Ramirez

Does most of halogaf play in parties for the placement matches?

I'm not saying I'm worth a damn by any stretch, but shit do I seem to get teamed up with people who can't pull their own weight. Out of my last 4 qualifying matches, lost 2 and won 2. The 2 that we won I went 26 and 13 or around there, and 23 and 10. I was the only guy on my team with a postive K/D. In Slayer.

I was placed Silver 6 and it only took one match to get Gold 1, but lord does it seem like playing with a team can help your rank placement.

Edit: BradC00 added. Droopy06 on live.

I solo'd FFA/Arena/Slayer/SWAT and got Onyx/Onyx/Onyx/Platinum.

Funny thing is, I did the best in SWAT by a longshot and got the worst placement, heh.

I solo'd FFA/Arena/Slayer/SWAT and got Onyx/Onyx/Onyx/Platinum.

Funny thing is, I did the best in SWAT by a longshot and got the worst placement, heh.

I felt like the first season placed way too high in SWAT to begin with. It's because it leaned towards swatnams.. For some damn reason I'm better at Swatnams than BR swat.

I'm the problem.

The game desperately needs a lone wolves playlist.

Also, let's go ahead and delete Pegasus, The Rig, and Fathom while we're at it.

I think Fathom is pretty good.

I wish there was at least one clamber route up to the RailGun bridge, just so it wasn't as easy to pin the opposition down at the bottle-necks on either side, but otherwise it's pretty nice.

CTF is particularly good.

I wish there was at least one clamber route up to the RailGun bridge, just so it wasn't as easy to pin the opposition down at the bottle-necks on either side, but otherwise it's pretty nice.

I can see it being good for CTF, but for Slayer it's donkey balls. The only way up to top that isn't a nade spam death trap of Promethean grenades is a difficult to make jump that punished you harshly for missing it.

I can see it being good for CTF, but for Slayer it's donkey balls. The only way up to top that isn't a nade spam death trap of Promethean grenades is a difficult to make jump that punished you harshly for missing it.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said it would be great if there were one or more better clamber options to get to the top bridge. It's too easy to hold down the top.

I think 343i figured the bridge was open enough that players could police it from below with the light rifles, but it's too easy to cut down the angles.

pretty sure there is a clamber route - at least I saw snipedown clambering up to railgun from the side somehow last night on twitch.

I went "where's he going? ... oh wth he's at railgun bridge!".

Grazzt

Fuck, was playing warzone and waiting for the victory with 990 points. Then got disconnected. Never had this issue before, but twice this afternoon.

Feels great playing this again. I haven't played in a few weeks because of other games, irl stuff, and just waiting for the content drop. The new controller settings are amazing; I'm just using the one Samurai G0SU posted a few pages back and I am loving it so far. This game just feels so good, no other game can match it.

Not too bad for my first match back and being extremely rusty.

Screenshot-Original.png

Yup, good to be back.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
We need to bring back HaloGAF customs.

We have Forge now. Folks should now be able to tweak and edit maps and modes to perfection.

In fact, why not run HaloGAF Customs again? It's a saturday. Right then. Tonight.

Official Start time.

2am UK
9pm EST

F1j4d8P.png

Fee free to start warm ups beforehand. Smaller games until lobby fills out. Rotating player spaces if full, first come basis. At least 1 hour of games - no end time, just when everyone leaves. I might rotate the host for whatever reasons.

Map suggestions - reply in this thread with details

Recommendations, suggestions, et al welcome.

I'm a bit selfish because as a Community Cartographer I can use these Customs to find some quality HaloGAF maps and get them tested. @)

ZServ

We have Forge now. Folks should now be able to tweak and edit maps and modes to perfection.

In fact, why not run HaloGAF Customs again? It's a saturday. Right then. Tonight.

Official Start time.

2am UK
9pm EST

F1j4d8P.png

Fee free to start warm ups beforehand. Smaller games until lobby fills out. Rotating player spaces if full, first come basis. At least 1 hour of games - no end time, just when everyone leaves. I might rotate the host for whatever reasons.

Map suggestions - pm here on here before start time or just reply in this thread with details

To join: my GT (Slightly Live) - send me a message for an invite

Recommendations, suggestions, et al welcome.

I'm a bit selfish because as a Community Cartographer I can use these Customs to find some quality HaloGAF maps and get them tested. @)

I've a map!

Here's a walkthrough of it. Remake/reimagining of Warlock/Wizard. Should work for Team Slayer, FFA (camera is a bit fucky in FFA still haven't done it), Breakout, and non-neutral CTF. I've made tweaks since this video, but it'd be good to get outside opinions on it through actual playing :D

Trup1aya

There are two clamber 3 routes to Railgun bridge.

One has been mentioned, you can also jump up off of the garage doors...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I've a map!

Here's a walkthrough of it. Remake/reimagining of Warlock/Wizard. Should work for Team Slayer, FFA (camera is a bit fucky in FFA still haven't done it), Breakout, and non-neutral CTF. I've made tweaks since this video, but it'd be good to get outside opinions on it through actual playing :D

Should be fun a quick play through. Let's hope folks aren't too burnt out on Warlock thanks to MCC.

The matchmaking in this game is so fucking stupid.

Went through the 10 placement matches for Slayer, went negative almost every game, most of the people I was matched with and against were Diamonds.

Platinum 4.

What the hell?

So you determined I was a Platinum by forcing me to get tube-socked by Diamonds for 10 games?

And then, after this placement, this was my first match:

http://bit.ly/1UNgHK2

50-19 agains a team of Diamonds.

To the 343i matchmaking team:

You make shit.

Rest assured, your work is one of the major reasons why the population for this game is nowhere near where it ought to be. You are crippling the player experience with this horrific garbage.

Trup1aya

The matchmaking in this game is so fucking stupid.

Went through the 10 placement matches for Slayer, went negative almost every game, most of the people I was matched with and against were Diamonds.

Platinum 4.

What the hell?

So you determined I was a Platinum by forcing me to get tube-socked by Diamonds for 10 games?

And then, after this placement, this was my first match:

http://bit.ly/1UNgHK2

50-19 agains a team of Diamonds.

To the 343i matchmaking team:

You make shit.

Rest assured, your work is one of the major reasons why the population for this game is nowhere near where it ought to be. You are crippling the player experience with this horrific garbage.

Looks like your placement matches assume your CSR is similar to where you were last season, and works its way up or down from there.

You probably close to where you should be as far as ranking is concerned. The main problem with the ranking system is it doesn't do anything to differentiate parties from solo queues.

If I had to guess, that's where your worst games game from.A valid frustration.

Even if they can't match parties with parties for whatever reason, the MM algorithm should atleast assume that a party will perform better than the sum of its parts, and match them against higher ranking solos.

I feel like that's what H2 used to do.

Never have I seen in my years of GAF someone in an OT for a game complain so much... yet continue playing.

it's close to being an amazing halo game but stuff like the auto server selection and terrible matchmaking (random v premade happens all the time) are the game killers. I also own it as a digital copy so i'll keep playing it.

Leyasu

Banned
it's close to being an amazing halo game but stuff like the auto server selection and terrible matchmaking (random v premade happens all the time) are the game killers. I also own it as a digital copy so i'll keep playing it.

The game is seriously only two or three major tweaks to perfection. Shocking that they don't seem to care.

So I did my placement matches for TS, didn't go so well lol. I won three games... three. However, I can't complain, a majority of the losses were by five kills or less; if the games are close and competitive I don't mind losing. I was playing against Onyx and Diamond players with a few Plats here and there. Game put me at Plat 5 which I found weird; I didn't know it would place you at the ranks in-between. I thought it only put people the beginning of ranks (Plat 1, Gold 1, Diamond 1, and etc). Oh well, not too bothered by it. I can be very inconsistent at times and I’m still trying to get use to the new controller settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom