• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2010 Edition

Dorm dwellers represent!

For gaming with friends:
IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

Where I spend entirely too much time:
IMG_0176.jpg

And for music:
IMG_0183.jpg

It's not much, but it's mine. <3

Taurus

Alright, some minor changes since my last setup post. New plants, new lamps, new AVR, X360 (finally), new Darth Vader figure (it's actually a piggybank like the Batman), new Harmony remote... Oh, and a new family member. You can see her in the 3rd pic from the top. :)

Overall pic from the right:
vpxg1z.jpg

Comfy couch with wireless mouse+kb setup with my gf's laptop showing on the table:
rihlp2.jpg

There's Myy [µ] the cat in her nest. The backspeaker stands are actually cheap DVD shelves I found from local supermarket. Some of The Simpsons Season DVD boxes can be seen through the glass door:
330a993.jpg

Overall pic from the left:
259y3aq.jpg

The treasure box. Some backups on the DVD-r discs etc.:
vqtfe9.jpg

Single best purchase in my setup, I seriously recommend it to you all with more than 3 devices, no more remote hassle:
2w7k30i.jpg

DS Lite and Rock Band instruments are in the closet.

HW:

Samsung FullHD 52" LCD
Denon 1610 AVR 5.1
HTPC for music, movies, TV and surfing the web
Wii
X360
Logitech Harmony 515 remote
Audio Pro Evidence series speakers (5.1)
Audio Pro Sub Focus subwoofer

sam27368

Banned
Am redoing mine as we speak, got a lot of inspiration from other members/ikea bedrooms so on. Will post up before and after, hopefully it's going to look awesome!

Magni

qzqd6g.jpg

Yay for cables all over :lol
I'm a college student with not much room or budget, once I have a job and a real house/flat, I'll be much more organised, like I was when I was still in high school.

Pictured:
Xbox 360 Elite
Höher 20" TV screen (first price in April 2007, I needed something with YUV input for playing OG Xbox games).
Alienware M17x (I'd rather have spent a third less cash and built my own PC, but I needed a laptop)
Astro A40 headset

Not Pictured:
DS Lite
Samsung 21.5" PC monitor that should be shipped to me Monday, can't wait (HDMI 1080p > YUV 600p :lol )
Astro A40 Mixamp (on the floor to the left of the 360).

First time posting in any of the gaming setup threads. Recently updated my TV, as well as purchased a cheap-o stand, but it's better than what I had before. Anyways, here's a before and after with my shitty cell phone cam (except for one..). Next step, upgrading to a REAL audio setup, because this fucker is buzzes with the new optical cables I just bought it.

2008/2009 Setup
0819081816.jpg

0819081821.jpg

Samsung 30" SlimFit CRT HDTV (TX-S3082WH)
RCA HTIB (RT-2870) [Not Pictured]
Dish VIP722 HD DVR
XBOX 360
WII
Phat PS2 (broken)

2010 Setup!!!
PC100015.jpg

0109002324.jpg

Panasonic Viera 50" X1 (TC-P50X1)
RCA HTIB (RT-2870)
Dish VIP722 HD DVR
Logitech Harmony 550
XBOX 360
Wii

Bonus: I also received her a few days before upgrading my setup :D :D :D
0101001412a.jpg

0101001411.jpg

Whoa, cuteness overload with that puppy. :lol I love her already.

I was asked to post my den's 2010 upgrade in the pick-up post thread a week or so ago, so here it is! Added some new nicknacks, a knight, overhauled the walls with new frames / photos (I kept a few faves), etc. Of course the theme is the same, fun is the name of this game.

den-1.jpg

den-2.jpg

den-3.jpg

den-4.jpg

den-5.jpg

den-6.jpg

I'm moving my classic consoles (excluding the untouchable NES) to my living room TV, so I hauled my old Commodore monitor out of the den finally - only the 50" Panasonic remains. It handles the NES well-enough to suffice, and those old dressers are perfect for storing the accessories and games with all of the other console equipment cleared out.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Leg Lamp? Check.
Golden Suit of Armor? Check.
Mounted Weaponry? Check.
Entire Britney Spears Discography? Check.
NES with a lamp on top of it? Check.

longdi

Banned
toy soldier setup is funny :lol
I would get freaked out by so many human portraits in the dark.

Those with big av setups, do you feel sometimes it is tiring to turn on so many devices just to play a simple game?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
longdi said:
Those with big av setups, do you feel sometimes it is tiring to turn on so many devices just to play a simple game?
I think most people nowadays would invest in a universal remote, so it's just one button press regardless of how many devices you need to turn on.

FOOTE

I've lurked NoeGAF for a few years, and every time I see Toy Soldier's walls I cringe and laugh quickly after. Do your thing dude. :D

UrbanRats

Toy Soldier said:
Whoa, cuteness overload with that puppy. :lol I love her already.

I was asked to post my den's 2010 upgrade in the pick-up post thread a week or so ago, so here it is! Added some new nicknacks, a knight, overhauled the walls with new frames / photos (I kept a few faves), etc. Of course the theme is the same, fun is the name of this game.

*Mighty Pics*

I'm moving my classic consoles (excluding the untouchable NES) to my living room TV, so I hauled my old Commodore monitor out of the den finally - only the 50" Panasonic remains. It handles the NES well-enough to suffice, and those old dressers are perfect for storing the accessories and games with all of the other console equipment cleared out.
This is the den, that belongs to a King, gentlemen.

Magni

Have you ever lived with a women in your den Toy Soldier? (edit: the ones in the frames don't count) Does your mom often come to visit? :lol

btf1980

Ok, I know I ain't the only one who recognizes the busty models. Any man that likes Nadine Jansen and Milena Velba is alright with me. Toy Soldier, you're my hero. :D :D

JudgeN

My "man room", me and fiance bought our first house last year so it will look like a college dorm room till I buy a bigger house :lol

The media center with all the consoles

syuzol.jpg

Some of my games/movies

a0aslk.jpg

PC Elite

24ffzt1.jpg

The Futon

am9itc.jpg

abombb

Banned
I was so distracted by Toy Soldier's setup, I forgot to find where he keeps his game consoles... oh there they are:lol

Top Bottom