• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2010 Edition

WarMacheen

Crappy pic is crappy, took it using a cell phone in the dark.

Anyway, 73" Mitsubishi, and underneath it is a PS3, Xbox 360, and a Wii. The couch which isn't pictured is a large wrap around that sits about 7-8 people.

No I'm not actually watching the garbage that's on the TV.

TV.jpg

NJ Shlice

I don't understand how you guys with the huge rooms can sit so far from the TV.

Here is my setup 40" Samsung LCD, and when I'm gaming I sit right on that ottoman and rotate the TV towards me.

20101206-8njte7g9eegjc94ck34yrrr6q1.png

Thai

Bane was better.
prophecy0 said:
Damn, there are some nice setups in here! I especially like the view from Tabris' place.

My bonus room is below (click for huge). I want a bigger TV since I sit so far back, but my current 50 incher is a Pioneer Kuro and I don't feel like any of the current TVs on the market offer the same quality. If Panasonic could fix their issue with rising black levels then I would be all over one of their 65" plasmas.

DAT BASS

Quake1028

IK9sY.jpg

26" 720p LCD mounted to my wall above my big TV. Perfect for crazy college football or basketball days. Best $15 I ever spent (mount).

mbRKi.jpg

Casablanca poster and the top of my extremely overfilled and super messy Blu-ray shelf. So bad I couldn't even take pics of it :lol .

vUMs4.jpg

42" 1080p Vizio, PS3, Dreamcast, GameCube, HD DVR, HD DVD Player.

BAza3.jpg

PS3 Collection 1 (GTA4 is missing, brother has it.)

9DyAP.jpg

PS3 Collection 2

WoOmJ.jpg

HD DVD Collection 1

KagaB.jpg

HD DVD Collection 2

bLkhV.jpg

HD DVD Collection 3

wLWwq.jpg

HD DVD Collection 4

cantona222

Gloomfire said:
HD DVD Collection 4
You got a big collection of HD DVDs here. What do you think is the future for your collection? Do you think you are able to play them 5-10 years from now if the HD DVD player you have breaks? Will they still manufacture HD DVD players?

They are still manufacturing VHSs though??

btf1980

bad-joey said:
You have awesome gear! Very nice stuff, love it. Especially the B&W stuff
Do you have anything else than the couch to sit on?

Yes. There is a leather chair in the sweet spot. The room opens up further back.

Emily Chu

Banned
Well, heres mines

PlpLu.jpg

T410 Thinkpad and a Wireless Mouse.

nothing to it really.

the desk is a old closet door being propped up with some bricks and a window sill.

Ryan_

cvxfreak said:
Seeing many of these fantastic pictures does make me miss living in the U.S. :)

I don't have enough space in my dinky dorm here in Japan for Kinect. :lol

Japan probably did that on purpose :p

sadaiyappan

Here is my setup in India. I haven't connected my DFGT wheel for GT5 yet, I'm still looking for a step down converter for it. Right now I am at a temporary place, when I get to a nicer apartment I will get a proper TV stand and surround sound.

154817_10150334462380694_683880693_16237755_2703582_n.jpg

1zcfpqs.jpg

Ryan_

Darkwater said:
As a build-my-own-PC-guy this is off the fucking chain! I've played with this idea myself but it seems hard. :(

Router said:
Its easy as pie.

Is there a guide somewhere to do this and does it hold any advantages over the usual way of building a PC?

belvedere

Junior Butler
I had a ghetto version of that I used to play with Linux on.

I love that setup but man would that would make LAN parties damn near impossible.

:lol

h_a_t

Recommendations GAF.

I'm expecting these to come in by Thursday/Friday, but would like some recommendations on decent stands for the speakers.

Onkyo-HT-S3300

x6hcef.jpg

As well as cable management for the rear speakers and their cables.
I live in an apartment so going under the carpet is a no-go.
And the living room is fairly "open" with no way to "sneak" cables under/through furniture.
My thoughts were to line them against the baseboard until I hit something like the entrance to the patio and then just follow the outline until I get to the back of the living room...?

Salsa

Chaucer said:
It's snowing in Brooklyn.

http://kingofcarrotflowers.com/media/Awful/PC262584.jpg[/ img][/QUOTE]

reaaaaaallly dig it

but im with the "i dont understand how you sit so far away from your tv" guys.

JRW

50" Pioneer Kuro Plasma, 7.1 surround Onkyo receiver / HSU VTF-3 MK3 Turbo subwoofer
game_room2010.jpg

HSU side shot:
Sub_Sideshot.jpg

HildyB

wormstrangler said:
Yeah, way to noisy. Even though I'm an exclusive head phone wearer, I still want a quiet PC.

I've got Astro A40s and the MixAmp 5.8 wireless... but my recent marital status change has deemed this unacceptable as it enables me to "ignore" my wife.

no angel

having been amazed by some of the pictures I've seen in this thread this year I promised myself i would post something after we'd finished redecorating and as the year's nearly over I'd better do it now. It's nothing special, and I've had to balance what I want with the fact my girlfriend wanted it to look pretty but I'm pleased with how it turned out. On top of that I've lost my camera so they're crappy phone pics I'm afraid!

IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

fake edit

wow those are some bad looking photos!

regs said:
So I just went to my boss's warehouse today:
7561714516.jpg

Yes those are multi colored ferrari's, what an asshole lol

His setup also shits on mine as well, I can't even post the pictures out of shame :lol

So what is it that you do?

Orgun

I've kinda gotten my place setup now. Still have to tidy up some of the wires and move my desk.

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

Disclaimer: Crappy image quality due to mobile camera :)

Top Bottom