• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobohoro

What website or method do you guys use to keep track of all the manga you read and what chapters you're on?

I keep an excel-sheet.
At least, since this year, after I caught myself reading a series I already finished once and not realising it until 30 chapters in for the fifth time.

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul :re 60

Have I mentioned that this is getting to Bleach levels of having too many fucking characters?

But not a single new character was introduced in this chapter. :p

I find it weird that it bothers you so much here yet I never see you complain about roster in OP.

Qurupeke

TG :re 60

The best thing about those timeskips is that we're getting a lot of important arcs really fast. We just had the auction, then almost after it we got the Rosewald case and now it seems we'll have an Aogiri raid. Still, I'm kind of disappointed some things have been left a mystery since TG. Rize's whereabouts are unknown, we haven't seen Banjou at all and Amon is nothing more than teasing so far. It seems like Sui Ishida really wanted to change TG a lot with :re, as it's full of new characters and new plotlines. I don't really have a problem with this, but I'm just impatient with some stuff. lol

Anyway, Haise/Kaneki has really changed this time. I guess this is it for good, white haired Haise. :(

But not a single new character was introduced in this chapter. :p

I find it weird that it bothers you so much here yet I never see you complain about roster in OP.

Characters at least look distinct in OP. Everyone blends together in my head in :Re because none of these CCG assholes have done anything distinct enough to make them worth remembering. When a new character is introduced in One Piece, most of the time I believe they are there because they will be important to the current arc or to the narrative as a whole. In :Re it just feels like bloat. :Re has gone so far away from what I cared about in Tokyo Ghoul that I question why I'm even reading it in the first place. I really don't care about the CCG at all.

Yae no Sakura 10-11

jU7eJK9.png

whew, that was some ending to this

pretty rushed though, characters get reintroduced or suddenly have new focus on them, to just die a few pages later

but it was still an interesting read especially since this was based off real events

besides how rushed the latter half this was, was still a good read with nice art

Zweizer

Banned
Ressentiment by Kengo Hanazawa

2015. Following breakthroughs in technology, an online virtual world practically indistinguishable from reality now exists, with artificial intellifence that is no less lifelike, and with the right equipment, one may also live inside it, or rather, feel like living. Its name? Unreal. Predictably, said world is now the refuge of social outcasts.

Takuro is your typical socially awkward virgin man in his thirties with low self-esteem stuck in a dead end job with no relationships and no future prospects to speak of. In short, he's nothing less than what society would deem as a 'complete loser'. One day, having enough of his situation and viewing himself as being pretty much cast out of the real world, he decides to lose himself into the virtual, Unreal, hoping to achieve the happiness that reality never granted him. And thus he meets the girl of his dreams, Tsukiko.

Although the technology is not completely there yet, Ressentiment is a surprisingly prescient and sincere manga about one of the aspects of virtual reality, and how it would be exploited (but not limited to) outcasts, and parallelly depicts the potentials and risks of an ever-increasingly connected world as well as the growth of artificial intelligence. Yet, at its core, it's the simple tale of a pitiful man who grew disillusioned enough to reject reality.

Now, more than ever, read it.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ressentiment by Kengo Hanazawa

2015. Following breakthroughs in technology, an online virtual world practically indistinguishable from reality now exists, with artificial intellifence that is no less lifelike, and with the right equipment, one may also live inside it, or rather, feel like living. Its name? Unreal. Predictably, said world is now the refuge of social outcasts.

Takuro is your typical socially awkward virgin man in his thirties with low self-esteem stuck in a dead end job with no relationships and no future prospects to speak of. In short, he's nothing less than what society would deem as a 'complete loser'. One day, having enough of his situation and viewing himself as being pretty much cast out of the real world, he decides to lose himself into the virtual, Unreal, hoping to achieve the happiness that reality never granted him. And thus he meets the girl of his dreams, Tsukiko.

Although the technology is not completely there yet, Ressentiment is a surprisingly prescient and sincere manga about one of the aspects of virtual reality, and how it would be exploited (but not limited to) outcasts, and parallelly depicts the potentials and risks of an ever-increasingly connected world as well as the growth of artificial intelligence. Yet, at its core, it's the simple tale of a pitiful man who grew disillusioned enough to reject reality.

Now, more than ever, read it.
It really is great.
There so much ambition on this one and the way he handle escapism was great.

Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi 1-42 Man. What a great manga. The most interesting chapters are without a doubt the one on the anime right now -- where he is trying to save Hinazuki. What the main character goes through up until chapter 42 and everything he's lost and sacrificed in exchange for the outcome, you can't help but feel bad for him.

In exchange for putting his body in a coma for 15 years he saved the lives of 3 students and his mom. Also any chance of romance he might've had or previous connections in the previous timeline were severed with the exception of his mom, who he's grown even closer to.

Zweizer

Banned
It really is great.
There so much ambition on this one and the way he handle escapism was great.

And it feels pretty relevant in today's climate of the rise of VR. Such a visionary manga.

recommend me a new manga

will take waifus, romance or a combination of both

thank you kind friends

Well, it's not really new, but as I posted above, I really recommend Ressentiment.

Otherwise, if you prefer something more recent, Takane no Hana Nara Ochitekoi!! is pretty great.

Tokyo Ghoul:Re 60

cpgivBo.jpg

Is that you Harry-kun? Where's your wand?

Not even a single new character was introduced in this chapter. Anyway it was a nice setup chapter for what's to come. It seems like Kaneki is running out of time which is seen by his impatience.

This was a very nice parallel to the original Tokyo Ghoul. It really shows how high in status Kaneki really climbed up as well as Suzuya. I really hope we see Aura the milf in action sometime soon. I wonder what the end result will be at the attack of Aogiri's hideout. I also want to know what Torso plans on doing with Mutsuki.

I really need to stop procrastinating and get started on reading some manga series I haven't caught up yet.

A person was telling me that Toriko's art is whack but reads Assassination Classroom and Haikyuu lol

I mean choose another series before you compare the current Mitsutoshi art
the dude literally got arm cramps from drawing so well ;))))))

A person was telling me that Toriko's art is whack but reads Assassination Classroom and Haikyuu lol

I mean choose another series before you compare the current Mitsutoshi art
the dude literally got arm cramps from drawing so well ;))))))

Well at least I can tell you that Toriko has better art than Ass Class and Haikyuu.

Haikyuu!! has great art and great use of page spreads. Anyone saying it doesn't have "great" art clearly reads very bad manga.

yeah but current Toriko level in general :/

I also judge art by the dynamic panel design.... that background is well made with that pic you choose but I can choose I dime of a dozen double spread abstract Toriko Panels to upstage that

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records 03-07

that was a pretty cool fight, and cool to see tsundere was able to help out in the fight

dark past as usual and dun dun dun traitor appears

dumbyugi

While I wouldn't say Toriko is the ugliest manga I've read it's certainly not something I would call good looking. While I'm not a fan of some of the character designs in Haikyuu I would say overall it is a better looking series then Toriko. Assassination Classroom looks fine but I wish it had more of the slightly creepy art that Neurons had.

Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi 1-42 Man. What a great manga. The most interesting chapters are without a doubt the one on the anime right now -- where he is trying to save Hinazuki. What the main character goes through up until chapter 42 and everything he's lost and sacrificed in exchange for the outcome, you can't help but feel bad for him.

In exchange for putting his body in a coma for 15 years he saved the lives of 3 students and his mom. Also any chance of romance he might've had or previous connections in the previous timeline were severed with the exception of his mom, who he's grown even closer to.
Just read this the other day. I was pretty impressed.

Helck is love. Helck is life.
Helck owns.

Karakuri Circus 206

That...

...that might be one of the most insane plot twists I've ever read in a manga. Holy shit.

This was fucking intense. Like...the last 20 or so chapters have been stellar but the last one and this one just cranked the manga all the way up to 11. Like holy shit what a reveal.

Anteater

Tokyo Ghoul: re 60

I'm not sure if I'm liking glasses Sasaki that much, I guess the story won't be in his perspective for a while.

Nice touch on Eto still being listed separately as a S rank ghoul, so I guess it's because Kaneki got that information from Nico that he couldn't have known from the fight against her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom