• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD |OT| I'm Rebecca! Let's do our best!

wbacon

Capcom USA
Information regarding Zero is sparse anyway, not even wbacon is reporting in like for Dragons Dogma or RE 4 HD Remake, pretty odd.

Ha, if i can only clone myself I'd be all over it too! It's been quite hectic these past couple of weeks. We also have an office move this week so things are fairly crazy.

What info in particular are you looking for? I may not have all the answers (or may not be able to answer depending on the Q), but I will do my best.

Ha, if i can only clone myself I'd be all over it too! It's been quite hectic these past couple of weeks. We also have an office move this week so things are fairly crazy.

What info in particular are you looking for? I may not have all the answers (or may not be able to answer depending on the Q), but I will do my best.

Oh hey wbacon, I thought so, didn't mean to offend you or anything :p.

Could you gather any bug reports? Is it possible to fix the always mouse cursor visibility with the PC release?
Also I'm using the DS4 pad without DS4Windows, works great but buttons seem different than from the Xbox controller.
For e.g. when I press X on the DS4 pad, it isn't equal to A on the Xbox pad, is that intended?

Semajer

Do you have an ETA for when the Steam shirt DLC codes will be fixed? The website still says to wait for an update.

Also, what's going on regarding Costume Pack 2 on Steam? I'm unable to buy it. Are people that own both REmakeHD and RE0HD supposed to get it for free?

wbacon

Capcom USA
Oh hey wbacon, I thought so, didn't mean to offend you or anything :p.

Could you gather any bug reports? Is it possible to fix the always mouse cursor visibility with the PC release?
Also I'm using the DS4 pad without DS4Windows, works great but buttons seem different than from the Xbox controller.
For e.g. when I press X on the DS4 pad, it isn't equal to A on the Xbox pad, is that intended?

On the PC side, we have a sticky thread on the official RE0 Steam forum where issues and general bugs are being collected and compiled. Feedback has been passed onto the Dev teams in Japan who will review and determine what'd be considered a must-fix, nice-to-have, etc.

As for ensuring proper functionality with external utilities such as DS4Windows, that's probably beyond the Dev team's responsibility but I can certainly ask. I'll respond if I hear anything back on that front, but I'd temper your expectations here. Though I haven't had the chance to dig deep, I believe there is a config.ini where you may be able to manually remap certain buttons outside of the game.

On the PC side, we have a sticky thread on the official RE0 Steam forum where issues and general bugs are being collected and compiled. Feedback has been passed onto the Dev teams in Japan who will review and determine what'd be considered a must-fix, nice-to-have, etc.

As for ensuring proper functionality with external utilities such as DS4Windows, that's probably beyond the Dev team's responsibility but I can certainly ask. I'll respond if I hear anything back on that front, but I'd temper your expectations here. Though I haven't had the chance to dig deep, I believe there is a config.ini where you may be able to manually remap certain buttons outside of the game.

Thanks for the status update :).
Well I do not use DS4Windows, I use the DS4 natively, no program used in between, but I will certainly look into the config.ini you've mentioned.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Asked in the REmake thread already, but that doesn't seem to be very populated anymore:
If I get the physical version of RE0+REmake for PS4, will the trophies from REmake digital carry over?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
screenshots make it look like they did a whole lot of work remaking the graphics, much more than with the HD version of RE1. Is that indeed the case?

wbacon

Capcom USA
Do you have an ETA for when the Steam shirt DLC codes will be fixed? The website still says to wait for an update.

Also, what's going on regarding Costume Pack 2 on Steam? I'm unable to buy it. Are people that own both REmakeHD and RE0HD supposed to get it for free?

The standalone Costume Pack 2 was a retail version pre-order freebie for the Origins Collection while the digital copy of RE0 received the Costume Pack 1 as the freebie offer. They're both time-exclusive to the respective distribution models, but naturally will become available separately at a later date.

To provide some context as to what contributed to the confusion, we were actively pursuing a digital 'soft bundle' version of the Origins Collection on Steam prior to the pre-order kickoff. Unfortunately, we had to drop the soft bundle idea at the last minute due to a number of logistical/marketing reasons and time constraints before everything had to be locked down tight across all five platforms.

I do recall commenting here sometime early in December that we may do a Steam soft bundle of the Origins Collection, and that that should be a viable method to obtain Costume Pack 2 as an alternative digital pre-order offer. In hindsight, I could have a) phrased it better, and b) followed up on that post after the deal fell through. My sincere apologies on that. Not trying to make excuses, but things certainly have gotten very hectic right before the holiday season, and launching DDDA and RE0 on Steam back to back certainly didn't do us any favors. Again, I am very sorry for the confusion this may have caused. Specific timing is TBD, but CP1 and CP2 should become purchasable separately roughly a month from now. At the end of the day, we have no intention to permanently lock out pre-order DLCs.

Semajer

The standalone Costume Pack 2 was a retail version pre-order freebie for the Origins Collection while the digital copy of RE0 received the Costume Pack 1 as the freebie offer. They're both time-exclusive to the respective distribution models, but naturally will become available separately at a later date.

To provide some context as to what contributed to the confusion, we were actively pursuing a digital 'soft bundle' version of the Origins Collection on Steam prior to the pre-order kickoff. Unfortunately, we had to drop the soft bundle idea at the last minute due to a number of logistical/marketing reasons and time constraints before everything had to be locked down tight across all five platforms.

I do recall commenting here sometime early in December that we may do a Steam soft bundle of the Origins Collection, and that that should be a viable method to obtain Costume Pack 2 as an alternative digital pre-order offer. In hindsight, I could have a) phrased it better, and b) followed up on that post after the deal fell through. My sincere apologies on that. Not trying to make excuses, but things certainly have gotten very hectic right before the holiday season, and launching DDDA and RE0 on Steam back to back certainly didn't do us any favors. Again, I am very sorry for the confusion this may have caused. Specific timing is TBD, but CP1 and CP2 should become purchasable separately roughly a month from now. At the end of the day, we have no intention to permanently lock out pre-order DLCs.

Sucks that the deal fell through, but thanks for the response.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. It's the same trophy list. Your saves carry over too.
yeahlfs05.gif

Saikyo

I am the only stuck at the
class puzzle
? I tried with only Billy or both characters and nothing happened, maybe the change of the camera confuse me but I am sure I am pressing the solution, its
0A
on my save, any help or numered screenshots? :v

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I am the only stuck at the
class puzzle
? I tried with only Billy or both characters and nothing happened, maybe the change of the camera confuse me but I am sure I am pressing the solution, its
0A
on my save, any help or numered screenshots? :v

Sorry for the obvious suggestion, but are you doing it fast enough? You need to have both characters positioned at the button. When you press the first, immediately switch to the other character and press their button.

Ludens

Banned

So, just completed Leech Mode on Hard by collecting all talismans. Well, it was...hard. Because the more you proceed on collecting talismans, the less you can use special weapons like the SMG. So in the end you will be forced with a character owning all talismans plus a key, and the other with all slot taken by talismans and a simple gun.

Anyway, I think there's a bug going on. I killed EVERYTHING in the facility, including respawned enemies in all locations (like the kitchen, the corridor on 2F, the outside corridor on 2f, the room where you take the key, the room with tiger, eagle etc puzzle) because I saw there's a trophy for it, so since I collected all talismans and I had some ammo left...why not?
Anyway the trophy didn't pop. I googled and it seems a common bug, other people cleaned the mini-game both with Magnum and SMG, still nothing. One dude claimed he got it while randomly shooting in the crow room.

So be aware, if you go for it, maybe there's a bug. For me, I don't care, the mini-game was really hard and crappy, but at least now I have infinite ammo for all weapons, in the case one day I'll want to play the game again.

I swore I defeated all the bosses I could with only Rebecca and the trophy didn't pop. Ugh.

Otherwise had a blast with this again.

Stupid question: did you kill the first leech you meet on the train? Because maybe that one counts as boss, maybe you just turn out triggering the cutscene and avoiding the fight.

Bergerac

After my last post I did some Painting.

Resident WWEvil. Would you buy it? Ja

Also as a wrestling fan, I can't believe it took me until yesterday to figure a suggestion for the OT title: RE0: 'Your t-shirts are too tight too, Billy!'.

Saikyo

Sorry for the obvious suggestion, but are you doing it fast enough? You need to have both characters positioned at the button. When you press the first, immediately switch to the other character and press their button.

Thanks, it was something stupid and simple I was doing wrong, it wasnt the timing :v

Semajer

Anyone like me that uses a single save spot needs to be careful with Wesker Mode. Wesker Mode save files cannot access the regular game or Leech Hunter. I found this out by overwriting my 100% save file with my Wesker one. I don't know why they didn't tie unlocks to the system like in REmake.

I haven't found a way to get that to happen.

It's not that important. The door skips seem inconsistent in RE0, so the closed door noise would be a nice indicator that it was done.

Grisby

Got up to the
bat
boss this morning. Woof, classic RE aiming mechanics kind of suck for that fight.
Anyone like me that uses a single save spot needs to be careful with Wesker Mode. Wesker Mode save files cannot access the regular game or Leech Hunter. I found this out by overwriting my 100% save file with my Wesker one. I don't know why they didn't tie unlocks to the system like in REmake.
Oh man, that sucks. Thanks for the heads up.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
In the mansion on Normal Mode. Was able to save up a nice amount of ammo.

1450DC6AB6075887D01B3C829F01729CF5031D57

5E53E7B43993500731B0E8F476D1E6C65CC76A6B

Can't wait to dive in this weekend.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

The handgun ammo is practically useless after the training facility, don't bother conserving it. You will only encounter zombies a handful of times from now on.

Sectus

It's not that important. The door skips seem inconsistent in RE0, so the closed door noise would be a nice indicator that it was done.

I will definitely be trying to improve the door skip so it works better. Right now the time it takes to skip is a little slow for all doors, and it also varies for some reason.

Semajer

I will definitely be trying to improve the door skip so it works better. Right now the time it takes to skip is a little slow for all doors, and it also varies for some reason.

The sounds they play seem bit odd. I'm sure that only a handful of doors actually play a sound, and I think I've seen one that made a sound one time but not another. Ladders and the lift near the end of the game play the entire sound, the door animation skips, but stays on a black screen until the sound is finished.

I have some shirt DLC UK codes for Playstation and Xbox consoles, quote to see:

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car

I'm going to add this to the OP. Thanks for mentioning it.

Stupid question: did you kill the first leech you meet on the train? Because maybe that one counts as boss, maybe you just turn out triggering the cutscene and avoiding the fight.

Yeah, I killed him for sure. The only place that might be a question is the
First Queen Leech
fight. I tried to leave poor Billy in the hallway, but for story reasons he was there in the cutscene/fight. He fired one shot before I could take away his gun and then finished it myself. Maybe that one bullet ruined it? I'll have to go back tonight to find out.

And one more petty Trophy complaint, I wish the gold was for Hard and not a no-save run. I was I would be incentivized to go through again on Hard right away rather than an Easy No Save run. But I know, that's my own damn fault. ;)

Ludens

Banned
Yeah, I killed him for sure. The only place that might be a question is the
First Queen Leech
fight. I tried to leave poor Billy in the hallway, but for story reasons he was there in the cutscene/fight. He fired one shot before I could take away his gun and then finished it myself. Maybe that one bullet ruined it? I'll have to go back tonight to find out.

And one more petty Trophy complaint, I wish the gold was for Hard and not a no-save run. I was I would be incentivized to go through again on Hard right away rather than an Easy No Save run. But I know, that's my own damn fault. ;)

I don't know, sorry. I saw I got that trophy, but I didn't do it on purpose, it just unlocked in the end with other trophies.

And here I am in hard mode looking at my 36 handgun bullets thinking "wow, I'm fucking packing right now"

Also customized handgun is awesome with the random critical

Markitron

It has a tighter shot spread and more power, which can actually make it useful if you want to conserve ammo.

True, but against
hunters
and
eliminators
it's a huge liability. Those enemies are the shotguns primary use.

finley83

Banned

Really appreciated your mod manager for REmake! Would you know if a mod to hide the mouse cursor would be feasible for this version as well?

Bergerac

The handgun ammo is practically useless after the training facility, don't bother conserving it. You will only encounter zombies a handful of times from now on.

Disagree, the upgraded handgun works wonders when
distracting the Leech Queen in the last phase of the final fight. You won't have that many shells, magnum ammo or grenade rounds by that point. Take the upgraded pistol to the end. There's a reason why there are two pistol ammo pickups before the last fights, it's to distract the Queen as Rebecca is opening the valves because at that point it's not power you need, it's quantity.

Hixx

This third boss is pretty much the worst thing in any Resident Evil game ever.

Seeing another Grenade round go between its fucking legs is going to make me delete this piece of shit.

Ofcourse I do it on the next attempt and through SHEER FUCKING LUCK. Great boss design.

SkylineRKR

I'm at the
cable car and its running.

Can I leave that piece of shit
Hookshot
thing behind now? I Forgot...

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
This third boss is pretty much the worst thing in any Resident Evil game ever.

Seeing another Grenade round go between its fucking legs is going to make me delete this piece of shit.

Ofcourse I do it on the next attempt and through SHEER FUCKING LUCK. Great boss design.

The Bat?

Just wait until it comes right at you, that's the easiest way.

Hixx

The Bat?

Just wait until it comes right at you, that's the easiest way.

Yes. It's kind of hard to wait for it to come at you as the
normal bats stun you

I genuinely cannot believe someone thought adding that sort of thing to a fight that was already awkward was a good thing. Starting to understand why this game is so divisive... and I'm teetering towards the 'against' camp.

Markitron

Yes. It's kind of hard to wait for it to come at you as the
normal bats stun you

I genuinely cannot believe someone thought adding that sort of thing to a fight that was already awkward was a good thing. Starting to understand why this game is so divisive... and I'm teetering towards the 'against' camp.

It's easily the worst boss fight in the entire series, the auto-aim makes it an exercise in frustration.

Top Bottom