• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV easter egg in Star Wars: The Force Awakens or Coincidence?

Mr. RHC

A few more from Twitter.

CWxuIyhWUAE7adj.jpg

CW71sDQWkAMjfBy.jpg

https://twitter.com/iLbstr/status/679750748855480320

Donny

The movie is riddled with easter eggs. The same arm happens to be red, I am sure they will explain canon wise in the comic, but also, it appears to be a pop culture shout out.

Not sure if serious.

I'm considering any scene or stillframe from the movie as a potential spoiler.... So very serious.

Toparaman

Banned
I really hope the comic has a scene where a robot doctor talks to C3PO in a hospital bed. At that point it won't just be coincidence.

Popnbake

The movie is riddled with easter eggs. The same arm happens to be red, I am sure they will explain canon wise in the comic, but also, it appears to be a pop culture shout out.

Not sure if serious.

If they have an official explanation for why he had a red arm, how is it still considered an easter egg?

Wouldn't it be better to assume they have no connection and it's a coincidence until the creators say otherwise?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm considering any scene or stillframe from the movie as a potential spoiler.... So very serious.

It is in the freaking movie poster, and on toys in isles of stores, etc.

Then what exactly was your thoughtprocess when clicking this thread?

Then it isn't anyone's fault but your own that you clicked on a thread with "star wars" and "easter egg" in the title. Seriously.

You should probably stay out of any thread that references the movie then. ._.

Exactly. If you are serious to 100% media black out, then you should not even click the thread.

If they have an official explanation for why he had a red arm, how is it still considered an easter egg?

Wouldn't it be better to assume they have no connection and it's a coincidence until the creators say otherwise?

Because it did not have to be red. It could still be a visual pop culture shout out due to the color, not the nature of how he received it.

Just like the "Wilhelm Scream" has nothing to do with the original movie it was in, but is always a shout out.

I am sure ET has nothing to do with Star Wars cannon, but his alien species was in the Senate, as a shout out. Same with an Astromech in Star Trek. Just little Easter Eggs.

h4rdw0rk

Neo Member
Shortly after he first appears I think he says something like "we really do need to get my old arm reattached" or something. I'm pretty disappointed it actually happened though. :(

So, the Boss' gold arm is also an easter egg to Star Wars (C3PO arm)

Tanoooki

The gave him the red arm just so they could sell a variation toy of C3PO and probably because they can make some tie in novel about how C3PO was in some battle and had his arm torn off.

ship it

Eyepatchs are pretty common. Someone having a red mechanical arm isnt.

eyepatches are pretty common? news to me

when yoda wears a red scarf we can all speculate if hes yodacelot.

I'd think if they were going to make an homage, they would put the arm on something more ....badass than the most whining, annoying character in the series (the real movies anyway). if anything, its actually an insult to BB.

Top Bottom