• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV easter egg in Star Wars: The Force Awakens or Coincidence?

Javin98

Banned
In collaboration with EatChildren.

mYCSu7m.jpg

WAxwPuL.png

Han Solo:
"Not much time left. The storm is passing. *Punished C3PO grabs the oil bottle*

Han Solo:
"Getting used to it?"

Han Solo:
"The area ahead is under total First Order control. Rey has been kept here for 10 days."

"After nine years on ice, solo infiltration of the Order main ground forces... Should be the perfect warm-up."

"She can't have much left in her. I'd give her three days, tops. If we fail -
and she dies -
we lose our chance to bring balance to the force. But we need more *Nope*. If you just go charging into Starkiller Base, you'll be putting both your lives at risk. See what you can find out first. The First Order got other outposts, not the just the one you saw."

"The galaxy is a big place. I expect you'll become quite familiar with your communication circuits as you plan your next move. How and where you make it... well that's up to you. From here on out you're on your own."

"You're a legend in the eyes of those who live on the battlefield. That's why you'll have to handle this mission yourself. Put those nine years behind you... and return... as C3PO. That's how Luke would want it. I'll be sending additional *Nope* by holograms. Stay oiled. Not one of Rey's bodyguards survived. And they were good. All we found at the scenes were their corpses... And this.

7QlcZRm.jpg

She'll be missing it. And you're her only hope at getting it back.

"Now go! Let the Force come back to life!"
LMAO! This is awesome. In fact, this whole thread is amazing!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The rest of the film was packed full of lazy references, so why not one more? And this one is actually amusing.
Because literally the only people who would possibly connect the two if it was a reference is people who are a bit too into metal gear. Like how do people think this went down?

"Hey Disney, it's J.J., you know the guy who's not actually in charge of the franchise but is directing the first film. I really liked this one vidya game, let's create an entire comic and backstory for an arm for the sole purpose of referencing a video game that has absolutely nothing to do with starwars. Kthx :D"

It makes about as much sense as a person baking a cake at a birthday party being a constant reference to portal or as someone in the thread put it:"Us gamers huh?"

JJ tried to have R2D2 act as a Quiet easter egg, but the scenes where the camera kept zooming in on his exhaust port while he waved it in C3PO's face were considered too risqué for a kids' film.

The whole C3PO red arm thing turned out to be a giant pisstake of fan speculation, right? Like, none of the characters give a fuck.

Green Yoshi

I thought the same thing while watching the movie. Because why shouldn't he wear a golden arm instead? Even if he was damaged, that makes no sense.

V-Faction

WORDS THAT KILL, would you speak them to me,
SIX-MILLION FORMS, do you speak Bocce?
HUMAN-CY-BORB relations
I'm terribly sorry, no no, please don't get up, I'VE BEEN SHOT.

Hektor

Because literally the only people who would possibly connect the two if it was a reference is people who are a bit too into metal gear. Like how do people think this went down?

This is literally how all reference in existence in movies and videogames work.
You only understand the reference if you know the franchise it's reffering to, shocking news.

Top Bottom