• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV easter egg in Star Wars: The Force Awakens or Coincidence?

Kojima likes both Lego and Star Wars and the Phantom Limbs mission is Sony exclusive.

How awesome would it be if Kojima designed this level pack?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Guess we have confirmation

DKD1ahZ.png

Haha, i knew it. Updated the OP.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The doubters from early in the thread should be ashamed of their words and deeds.

Ratrat

The comic releases on Feb 26th, 2016. IT's a one-shot special set directly between Episodes VI and VII. When it releases then we'll know.

latest
So they just gave him a red arm for no reason and then let a comic book writer make up a story after the fact?

Het_Nkik

So they just gave him a red arm for no reason and then let a comic book writer make up a story after the fact?

They gave him a silver leg in A New Hope and I don't know if that was ever even explained.

EDIT: Wait, was his leg silver through the whole original trilogy? Man, I'm slipping.

akira28

"hmm...c3po. so what do we do with him?"
"I dunno, we should give him battle damage and like a hidden past"
"We should change his voice and per..."
"No. but maybe scuff him up a bit, we need to show the passage of time. Something that screams 'new movie'."
"I got it, he's missing an arm. It's perfect. Plenty of room for comic relief, amputee jokes, you know kids love stumps."

ect

Ratrat

They gave him a silver leg in A New Hope and I don't know if that was ever even explained.

EDIT: Wait, was his leg silver through the whole original trilogy? Man, I'm slipping.
Ah, so this might just be a tradition. I do hope its a nod because that would be cool.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
There it is folks.

Confirmation that the people making the LEGO game have heard of this meme? Yes, that is confirmation of that.

Yes, it was silver throughout. Now it's gold, but the arm is red. The silver leg was never explained, but apparently there is an explanation of the red arm in the comics or maybe one of the young adult books. I don't know, I haven't read them and don't actually know the explanation. I assume it will be in that level pack, though, since apparently there's a lot of backstory being explained in the game.

GlamFM

Banned
Confirmation that the people making the LEGO game have heard of this meme? Yes, that is confirmation of that.

I think it´s time to let it go and eat some crow.

- JJ and Hideo met.

- An Alien screams "Kojima" during the movie.

And now it´s straight up called phantom limb.

that´s as much confirmation as you´ll get.

I think it´s time to let it go and eat some crow.

- JJ and Hideo met.

- An Alien screams "Kojima" during the movie.

And now it´s straight up called phantom limb.

that´s as much confirmation as you´ll get.

Pretty much. Heck, on Kojimas world tour he met up with JJ Abrams again.

Him and JJ are tight. A red limb is coincidence. An alien screaming Kojima is suspect. A bonus level featuring that red limb and being called 'Phantom Limb' is a straight up reference.

C3PO is a reference to Venom Snake. Same hand, too!

Aselith

They give him a red arm because JJ wanted to use it a symbol of how people can change when you don't see them for long periods of time.

Top Bottom